Multiples
Options

Pregnancy Wimp/Dump Vent

As a FTM with all of these pre-conceived ideas of what pregnancy really is, I sure have been taken for a loop!

Granted, I am pregnant with twins which does make a difference. But I truly thought it was mostly enjoyable and that pain only came during labor. I have obviously been very mistaken. (Don't get me wrong.... I wouldn't trade being pregnant with my twins for anything!!!!)

I started this pregnancy with some massive bleeding which was scary, then got morning sickness until about 17 weeks, and after that stopped I went straight to being uncomfortable. Thankfully the babies are doing very well and are growing fast. This of course has me measuring 8 weeks ahead of schedule.

Some days though I just feel like a pregnancy wimp!!! I have gone twice now to the hospital for pains. I did call first both times and they told me to come in. The first one was never figured out as to what it really was and this last one (yesterday) they are guessing I pulled a muscle. They took my blood pressure, temperature, and a urine sample which all seemed to be good. Then today, my feet, ankles, and legs were super swollen. The skin was so tight and it hurt to walk. I did my best to drink water and keep my feet up as much as I could. But if I didn't know my blood pressure was okay just yesterday, I would have been more concerned then I already was!

With that being said, I had an emotional breakdown once I got home. I am not a wimp but pregnancy has sure made me feel like one. And I just feel dumb! I don't know what is normal and what isn't and worry about things. I don't want to ignore/miss any signs that should be taken seriously.

Also, my job is becoming more and more difficult to do each day. But unfortunately whenever I decide I need to be done, it's all unpaid leave. So I am really trying to stick it out but some days, I just don't know if I can do it anymore!

I would have never guessed I would be feeling this way at only 20 1/2 weeks pregnant!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Check out my blog: http://blondheimtwins.blogspot.com/

Re: Pregnancy Wimp/Dump Vent

• Options
    Don't feel bad!!! I wanted to be pregnant more than anybody and I actually had someone tell me I'm the most miserable pregnant person they've ever met! I told them to carry twins and let me know how they feel. Lol!

The babies have been healthy the entire time and I thank God! I was sick til 20 weeks and then had about 2 weeks of feeling cute/happy and then I have just been too uncomfortable! I stopped working at 26 weeks to go on sick leave before maternity and am still waiting for my unemployment checks to start...

Doing anything even at home is ridiculously hard what with shortness of breath, racing heart and these babies poking their arms and legs out everywhere! Perhaps you should join the pity party @amylou333 and @calicarly77 are going to have!
  • Options

Don't feel bad.  My twins were my third pregnancy and I felt clueless at times.  As a FTM is it perfectly normal to feel confused by all the pregnancy "fun", add being a FTM with twin and it would be weird not to feel uncomfortable, worried, sore, sick, miserable, scared.... the list goes on and on. 

Here's a little advice from a BTDT mom; if you are concerned do not hesitate to go to the hospital.  You will not look stupid.  You are not wasting anyone's time.  You are taking care of your babies and it is better to waste a few hours and be safe than ignore things and be sorry later. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah this twin pregnancy thing is no joke! I find a new ailment each day. I signed up for this (and even paid for it, too!) so I have no regrets and wouldn't trade it for anything, but I hear ya, sister, and I'm sure there's only more fun to come :) I'm curious how far ahead I measure. When I read my bmb some girls are just starting to show and I've been in maternity clothes for 6 weeks! You are not a wimp. I've got all the same worries and irrational fears too.

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• Options
    don't feel bad! Already it's so hard to function normally. I try not to be a whiner...but it sucks! I know it will be worth it, but that doesn't make it easier to breathe/walk/sleep.
    Induction of mo/di twin boys scheduled for 2/24! Pregnancy Ticker}
  • Options
    Can I scare you ladies a bit?  When my boys were born at 38 weeks, I was measuring 54 weeks!  Kiss seeing your feet goodbye.  :-O

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You are not alone in this. I love having babies but hate being pregnant. It makes me a miserable whiney person. The good news is once those cute babies are in your arms you forget it all...well most of it! I have to confess sometimes I just want to smack people when they go on and on about loving being pregnant....there is something wrong with those people, hahaha.

imageimage

• Options
    I can definitely relate - I imagined myself running half marathons through pregnancy. At 5 weeks I couldn't even make it up the street without feeling dizzy! Since then, it has just been one thing after the other. The idea of running is hilarious - my giant belly, which is stretching at a faster pace than a single pregnancy, would be jiggling all over lol. 

It just downright sucks - we basically do a 9 month pregnancy in 7 months, then go through some bonus months in both size and misery! 
    ********************************************************************************************
    Married my best friend, June 8, 2008

5/17/13 BFP!!! 6/6/13 - OMG its TWINS!

Josie and Lexie were born on January 4, 2014 at 37w2d
    Josie was 5lbs2oz, Lexie was 4lbs15oz 
    Both had a 9 APGAR score with no NICU time
    Planned unscheduled C-Section due to both being breech
    We all went home on Jan 6th, 2 days after surgery

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • Options

Thank you all very much for taking the time to read my vent and reply! I really appreciate it! Knowing I am not alone in my thoughts/feelings really helps and so does your advice!

I also am one of those who wanted to be pregnant very bad! We did infertility treatments and everything! So therefore, I signed up and paid for this too! I really think that is part of the problem.... people who haven't carried twins just don't get it and every twin pregnancy is somewhat different too! I am just about 21 weeks and I am ready to throw in the towel at work already! Unfortunately once I do that it is all unpaid! :(

I am so excited to have my babies and I know it will all be worth it but some days are just hard!

I really appreciated your advice about going in if I am concerned. And I completely agree.... its' better to be safe than sorry!

• Options
    I love all the encouraging words from everyone and I agree with all of you. I'm still working as an RN in the ER and my doctor has put many restrictions on what I can do and not to mention I work night shift on top of it.  Sometimes I just want to cry on my way to work in anticipation of how busy we will be. We also went through infertility treatments and are very happy we are having twins and I feel like I shouldn't complain but at the same time I am so uncomfortable and not sleeping well at night. I'm just now sure how much more I can take sometimes. People at work comment about me not doing parts of my job like pushing stretchers and pulling patients off of stretchers and I just tell them until they have carried twins I don't want to hear their comments. 

I have just learned to listen to my body. In the back of my mind I always think I want to keep these babies in there as long as possible! It also helps that I don't really complain at work I wait until I'm with my DH and he gets to listen to it all ;)

The best thing is having this board for support. We can do this mommies!! ;;)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I love all the encouraging words from everyone and I agree with all of you. I'm still working as an RN in the ER and my doctor has put many restrictions on what I can do and not to mention I work night shift on top of it.  Sometimes I just want to cry on my way to work in anticipation of how busy we will be. We also went through infertility treatments and are very happy we are having twins and I feel like I shouldn't complain but at the same time I am so uncomfortable and not sleeping well at night. I'm just now sure how much more I can take sometimes. People at work comment about me not doing parts of my job like pushing stretchers and pulling patients off of stretchers and I just tell them until they have carried twins I don't want to hear their comments. 

I have just learned to listen to my body. In the back of my mind I always think I want to keep these babies in there as long as possible! It also helps that I don't really complain at work I wait until I'm with my DH and he gets to listen to it all ;)

Being on mobile I can't see signatures...how far along are you?

• Options

Being on mobile I can't see signatures...how far along are you?
    I am 28w4d
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Don't feel bad. I'm a STM and my pregnancy was great with DD. I worked out and felt like I could have carried her another week or two. Delivered her at 39w5d. Now this pregnancy has been rough. Starting at 15 weeks I was having severe pelvic pain that made it hard for me to walk or get in and out of bed.

Then at 20 weeks I tripped over DD in the kitchen and fell on my butt hurting my pelvic bone even more that I actually couldn't walk and had to go to the ER for xrays. Got put on bedrest at 24 weeks for heightened blood pressure and extra amniotic fluid.

I wouldn't change the two babies I'm carrying but I prefer to carry them one at a time.

Hang in there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"