December 2012 Moms

Insomnia

It's 3:24am...for the past like.
Oh. 10 months...I've been averaging 4 hours of sleep a night. And not consecutive. It's happened about 3 times now where she wakes up after having slept 3 hours (which is HIGHLY rare, the max is always 2 hours at best) I feed her and then........ I'm wide awake. I keep staring at the clock, my eyes are sleepy. And I cannot fall asleep. It's like my body has become SO used to getting 4 hours that after 1 random 3 hour stretch my brain is like " ok!!! Let's get up!"
To make matters worse, I developed mastitis again yesterday so I'm miserable and need all the sleep I can get.
I got her back to sleep an hour ago and grrrrrrrr I can't fall asleep. :(
Lilypie Maternity tickers
DD#1 December '12
DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
Married 07/09

Re: Insomnia

• I'm so sorry. That sucks!! When one of my little guys had surgery a couple weeks ago, he was up frequently during the night the week after....some nights I saw every hour....and I kept thinking "how did I do this all the time back then???" I can't imagine being in that mode for 10 months! I hope you're able to get some sleep soon!

I know you're not looking for advice, but does she ever take a bottle of pumped milk? Maybe DH or someone else could help you out during the night so you can get some extra zzzs.....
  • Another night again. She slept from 9 pm (we had a really hard time getting her down today) until 1:20. I went to bed about 10 ish. So another 3 hours straight for me. Which I really should be so thankful for, an I am...except it's now 2:37 and I'm still awake. Ugh!!!

As for the pumped milk. We could probably try that. I'm always worried though that I'll have to get up and pump anyway so that I don't lose supply. I have mastitis now and I think it's from a long stretch she did a couple nights ago and the milk clogged some ducts :(

Btw- I'm sorry your lo had to have surgery!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"