3rd Trimester

Natural Induction techniques?

I am 38 weeks and sooooooo DONE!! Does anyone have any suggestions for inducing labor naturally? All my friends say "have lots of sex" but baby is so low, hubby can't even get it in anymore! I am 3cm and 75% but apparently that does not matter

Re: Natural Induction techniques?

• Google search natural induction methods if that's what you're after.

LO will come when ready.
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • sorry, there is no such thing. I went 15 days late and I tried everything. just hold on.
  • NaeleenNaeleen member
    edited October 2013
    Thank you for the positive response, you are right I can be motivated for a short time longer by knowing I will miss her movements from the inside :) I need to be patient, thank you for the reminder. I am just so excited to see her and hold her in my arms! Google did not do justice... Thanks for that recommendation. Not full term? That's an interesting perspective...
  • MrsQuealeMrsQueale member
    edited October 2013
    Google won't help because there isn't a sure fire way to induce naturally, if they're ready they will come on their own. Your body is doing it's job already, why rush a good thing? Walk, bounce on a birthing ball, staying active will help encourage your body and baby to keep up with the process it has already started.
    imageimage    
    imageimage
  • I've heard foot massages/pedicures can also trigger labor. I'm not sure if they work... but hey it's a great excuse to have one.
  • Most natural "induction" techniques aren't actually induction techniques but might help move things along once labor has begun-can't remember the term for it right now.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • rowanthefrogrowanthefrog member
    edited October 2013
    The only thing that worked for me last time was having my membranes stripped and that only worked when I was 40 weeks. Sex is good bc sperm have prostaglandins which soften your cervix. He (or you) could also use a vibrator...an orgasm can bring it on. You can also take Evening Primrose Oil. All that said, babies will come when they are ready. I know you excited and uncomfortable, but if baby isn't ready then really nothing will "make it happen." A
    imageimageimage

M/c #1 - 10/30/07 - 5w3d, DS1 - born at 36w, M/c#2 - 12/7/09 - 5w, M/c #3 - 1/13/10 - 4w6d, 
    M/c #4 - 3/16/10 - 5w1d, DS2 -  born via VBAC at 40w3d, M/c#5 - 11/5/12 - 7w2d
    BFP #8 - 5/5/13- Looks like a sticky one! DS3 - born via epi-free VBAC at 39w1d

• I heard nipple stimulation and rubbing your ankle.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • If being excited to meet my baby is considered whining and ungratefu, then I am elated to be an ungrateful whiner lol! Who would've thought such a mature forum would cause the same drama from Facebook?! Anywho! For those interested, I tried the trigger points massage and nipple stimulation and they both brought on BH. I see my doc Monday :)
  • Wow! So much hate and jealousy in people's lives! Thank you for all the negative opinion! I will continue to seek out what I want to for all the selfish and ungrateful reasons lol. I wish you so much more happiness in life
  • I appreciate all of your honest concern, again, thank you!
  • Naeleen said:

Wow! So much hate and jealousy in people's lives! Thank you for all the negative opinion! I will continue to seek out what I want to for all the selfish and ungrateful reasons lol. I wish you so much more happiness in life

Pretty sure EVERY mother on the 3rd tri board is dying to see their LO, or just physically over being pregnant. That doesn't mean they're willing to put their motives and comforts before their unborn child's health.

I fail to see where jealousy falls into play here, or the hate. I see concern and words of caution being spoken, I find it very sad that you turned those words into jealousy.

You'll do what you want in the end. For your baby's sake, I hope they aren't harmed by your selfish desire to throw in the towel early.
    imageimage    
    imageimage
  • Naeleen said:

I am 38 weeks and sooooooo DONE!!
    Does anyone have any suggestions for inducing labor naturally?
    All my friends say "have lots of sex" but baby is so low, hubby can't even get it in anymore!
    I am 3cm and 75% but apparently that does not matter

Why don't you wait until you're full term to see if your baby comes??(Which is between 39-41 weeks)
    Pregnancy discovered at 12 weeks 12/2007 - D&C at 13 Weeks due to partial Ectopic pregnancy/Body rejecting pregnancy. Last Pregnancy - EDD August 2013 TTC Our first miracle baby.
  • There all kinds of funky things you can do to "trigger" labor, I tried them and went a week past my due date. lol She was not ready to be done though I was. I just did lots of walking, four wheeling, drank peppermint tea and foot rubs. All those things were actually enjoyable, but it so didn't work! I wish you the best :)
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"