Pregnant after 35
Options

Flu vaccination?

My doctor made me get the vaccination to protect me and the baby. Talk about being a chicken. LOL!!! Who else has gotten theirs?

Re: Flu vaccination?

• Options
    I just posted this this morning, I can get one free at work but I am so nervous since I will only be 5 weeks tomorrow and I had a MC back in Feb.  I am going to talk to my OB when I have my appt in a few weeks.  

I always get one but I am super paranoid right now.

You can read the posts of others on my post.

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    Thanks. I'm going to check it out.

I just posted this this morning, I can get one free at work but I am so nervous since I will only be 5 weeks tomorrow and I had a MC back in Feb.  I am going to talk to my OB when I have my appt in a few weeks.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I received my flu shot yesterday at work (for free!).  I had asked my OB about it a few months ago and per her, she said pregnant women are strongly suggested to get the vaccine as it does not harm the baby, keeps the pregnant mommy from getting sick, plus your baby gets some of the benefits of the vaccine as well.  I am due in 4 weeks.  Granted, I just had the shot yesterday, but I feel fine and if it helps my baby, I am all for it!
  • Options
    I got mine last Saturday. My OB's office does not give them, but highly recommends them. I went to MinuteClinic since my insurance will pay for it there, but they won't pay for it if I go to the pharmacy in the back because they require an RN or higher cert to administer it. Check your insurance. ( and I still recieved the 20% discount store coupon that I used to start stocking up on little Pampers )

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  image

Lilypie - (9CKY)Lilypie - (xzY1)

• Options
    Thanks. I'm going to check it out.

No problem!!!  I am still nervous. LOL

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    Just seeing the replies. I ended up feeling a bit tired and feverish for a few hours. I just had plenty of water to drink and took a nap. I'm feeling much better now but my arm is still somewhat sore.
  • Options
    My RE said I had to get one.  My really nervous! I haven't had one or the flu since 1999.
    TTC since 2010.
    IF since 2011.
    MTHFR gene, Endo
    Clomid, Letrozole, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Progesterone.
    14 IUI. 8 Single insemination cycles, 6 doubles.
    2 early losses.
    Oct. 6, 2013- BFP!

• Options
    I had mine and MD suggested hubby get his as well. I got the preservative free version when I was 38 weeks. Got it at Cvs minute clinic. Insurance covered it with no fee to me
  • Options
    Got Mind Yesterday Now Have The Sniffles And So Tired But Better For Both Of Us In The Long Run!
  • Options
    I got mine yesterday as well.  If you got the shot, you got the inactivated vaccination which means there is no live virus.  You wouldn't have gotten any symptoms from it, except the sore arm.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

got mine yestrday at work... soar arm but nothing else to complain about

• Options
    I got mine last Friday at my OB. My arm was a little sore but it was no problem. I like to get it since it protects the baby too once he is born.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Just got mine this morning!
  • Options
    I'm glad I decided to get. I really was skeptical at first.
  • Options
    The college I work at gives them out for free to all students and staff.  I will be letting the nursing students practice their injection skills on me next week.
  • Options
    I got one at work before I knew I was preggars, I'm 6w today!!!!!! My OB said it was highly recommended. I work in an ER and have already been exposed 2x, so glad for the protection for my baby and myself!
  • Options
    So did you get the flu shot from the students? I'm a straight chicken when it comes to needles.
    kaking78 said:

The college I work at gives them out for free to all students and staff.  I will be letting the nursing students practice their injection skills on me next week.

• Options
    I'm glad I got it. Congrats on your pregnancy.

I got one at work before I knew I was preggars, I'm 6w today!!!!!! My OB said it was highly recommended. I work in an ER and have already been exposed 2x, so glad for the protection for my baby and myself!

• Options
    My RE said besides prenatal vitamins- getting the flu shot was one of the most important things to do to protect ourselves and the baby

I got the preservative free one
    I was told do not take the nasal mist live vaccine)
  • Options
    Only the inhaled vaccine is a live vaccine and is dangerous for baby. Flu shots are a must to protect mom and baby. Being pregnant is tiring enough you don't need to be sick on top! Got mine last month.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"