March 2012 Moms

He... STTN!!!

Ladies, my DS has finally reached a long overdue milestone. Last night, for the first time ever, W slept the entire night, in his crib, with no intervention from mom or dad. 8:30 pm to 7:05 am. He did wake up around 2:15 am and whined a little, even stood up (we recently got a video monitor - love it!), and I almost went in... but he laid back down and went back to sleep all by himself! I can't believe it. I really really really hope it's the beginning of a trend and not just a fluke. Either way, we all sure did get a good night's sleep! Hooray!

Re: He... STTN!!!

• Congrats!!! That is really wonderful!
  • Yay!!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Loading the player...
  • Huge congratulations! You deserve a mommy medal for surviving this long. My son woke up 45 minutes early today and I feel like my life is over today, lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @eyenigh You're new siggy pic is so cute! Love it. :)
  • Yay for sleep!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yay!  We reached this milestone last month and it has been amazing!  I hope it's a trend for you!

• yaaaaayyy!!!  
  • YAAAAAY!!!!  I know this has been a long, exhausting process for you guys!  So glad you got a full night of rest! :)
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • @KrsCrp83 How is A sleeping these days?
  • Eh.. he has good nights and not so good nights.  He's usually up once just needing to be resettled, possibly needing his pacifier, etc.  Then, usually around 4-5 he wakes up again and I bring him in with us either so I can sleep while DH is getting ready for work, or so he continues to sleep while we both get ready for work (he'll stay asleep if he's in our bed, but if he's in his crib, the slightest noise seems to wake him.. despite the lullabies that play all night in his room) or, on the weekends, so we can all get a little more sleep.

Every once in a long while, he'll go from bedtime to the 4-5 am wakeup without a peep.. those are lovely nights! :)  But there seems to be no real rhyme or reason as to when they occur!  Did STTN become a pattern for W?
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • KrsCrp83 said:
    Eh.. he has good nights and not so good nights.  He's usually up once just needing to be resettled, possibly needing his pacifier, etc.  Then, usually around 4-5 he wakes up again and I bring him in with us either so I can sleep while DH is getting ready for work, or so he continues to sleep while we both get ready for work (he'll stay asleep if he's in our bed, but if he's in his crib, the slightest noise seems to wake him.. despite the lullabies that play all night in his room) or, on the weekends, so we can all get a little more sleep.

Every once in a long while, he'll go from bedtime to the 4-5 am wakeup without a peep.. those are lovely nights! :)  But there seems to be no real rhyme or reason as to when they occur!  Did STTN become a pattern for W?
    No, he hasn't STTN since this post. But he's only been waking up once and I haven't nursed him, so that's still progress! He usually just needs me to go in and hug him and pat his back a little. I hope A keeps moving towards sleeping longer stretches!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"