Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Teeth grinding

DS has had his two bottom teeth for some time now. His top two just popped through a couple weeks ago. He grinds them nonstop! Not only does it drive me crazy, I'm afraid it will damage his teeth. I've tried cold wash clothes, ice cubes, carrots, and every variety of teether I could find. Any suggestions? Is it just a phase?

Re: Teeth grinding

• Options
    It's a phase, and really common. LO did it incessantly right after the top two popped out. Drove me batty and freaked me out. I asked around and everyone reassured me it was ust his way of getting used to new teeth.

He stopped for a while...and then his next two teeth started coming in and he started up again. Ugh - took about a month to finally pop through too. It's been a blast.
    Married November 2009 ~ Sam is here! (12/26/12)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    It's just a phase. DS does this every time new teeth are coming through. I tried everything to prevent it too, but usually after a week or so he stops. Makes me cringe every time though. Eck
    Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
    Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03, estradiol 0, HCG 7) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
    March 11, 2014 ovulated despite every doctors prognosis!!!
    Oct 2014 hormones (FSH 48, Estradiol 89, HCG 1) not good, but heckuva lot better!

Nov. 16, 2015 FET of single adopted 5AA embryo - BFN
    Read all about my TCC Journey here in my Blog Taking Back My Ovaries
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    YES!  DD did it briefly, and now DS does it, it's normal.  
  • Options
    My DS has been doing it as well.  I absolutely cannot handle the sound of it.  As in, it makes me feel physically ill when he does it.  I usually try to distract him or find him something he can chew on, because he can only do it a couple of times before it starts to make my skin twitchy and achy (it's honestly the weirdest thing, but I've found some certain sounds just have a really adverse reaction on my nervous system).  I've never been concerned that it's going to hurt him, though.  I just assumed that was a normal part of teething.
  • Options
    My DD just started doing this too, but I'm hopeful it will pass - it was definitely just a phase with my DS, and not a long one if I remember right.
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"