Military Families
Options

Tricare and Testing? Advice please.

So, I just had my second loss in 4 months. First loss was in June at 5w6d, second was this week at 5w2d. We've been trying since last November, putting my losses in the 7 and 11 cycles TTC.

So, for each I went to the OB clinic at the local MTF,  and they were really great. Since this clinic is there, I don't have to get referrals from my PCM to make appointments with OB, once I turn a test, I go directly to them. I'm also able to make my GYM appointments directly through them (in fact, I've never called or seen my PCM yet). We're not benched this month, but I do have a GYN appointment the day before Thanksgiving to talk to someone and get my regular PAP done. There is an RE/Infertility clinic at the MTF that is attached to the rest of their women's services. I know a lot is dependent on what I learn from my GYN at my appointment, but I was wondering what I can/cannot expect coverage-wise and how I should best go about talking to doctors and Tricare reps (I am Tricare Prime, if that makes a difference). Will a doctor recommend testing that isn't covered and will they be able to tell me if it is covered right off the bat?

I was told that having 2 chemical pregnancies (what they are classifying them as since we never saw a heartbeat or sac) is just bad luck and doesn't increase my risk for a third or preclude me having a successful pregnancy, but I'm very on edge right now. I'm hoping for some answers, but am unsure how to deal with the testing or OOP expenses.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
Me-31, H-27
**Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
**Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
 9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
 U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Tricare and Testing? Advice please.

• Options
    I don't have any answers for you.  I just wanted to send love and prayers.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks so much everyone. Cal, I know you've had it rough and I've been rooting for you to show up on a tri board. As much as I'd like there to be nothing wrong, just knowing it was something small and fixable would be good just to know. I think that's where I am right now in that I've never had any issues with my reproductive organs before so I feel like this should be easier (but doesn't everyone who's trying). That's also really good to know about the Counsyl testing.

That's so good that the testing is mostly covered, I feel better going into that knowing that at least that won't cost us an arm and a leg. Even covering TI meds and monitoring is great to hear. Not that I want to get that far, but it eases my mind about money a lot. So, right now I'm just going to look forward to my appointment and hopefully we can get some answers before Christmas. Just knowing what we're working with would be awesome, and you guys have given me some great info going in.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just be aware that it is not standard of care to do any type of work up after 2 1st trimester miscarriages, many sources suggest after 3 consecutive 1st trimester losses ---- this is not a military thing it's a standard of care thing.

Sorry for your losses and wish you luck!
    5/08- blighted ovum, spont ab; 2/20/09- epi, VAVD, Girl! breastfed 24mo; 10/10- blighted ovum, spon ab; 12/10- no fetal pole, Cytotec; 11/20/11- unmedicated SVD, Girl! breastfed 18mo; 11/7/13- unmedicated SVD, breastfed 18mo; 2/11/16- unmedicated SVD, exclusively pumping to at least a year.

• Options
    T's and P's for you. We had our first loss in July 2012 at 12 weeks. Our Dr had us wait to try again until after the 4th menstrual cycle to give me time to heal properly. Just a thought for you. We also did some testing that wasn't covered under tricare prime but it was very minimal cost and totally worth every cent. We are now proud parents of a beautiful 17 week old baby boy!!! Don't give up but don't rush either. Have faith!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

imageimageimage

Pregnancy #1 EDD 1/20/13, D&C for unexplained miscarriage at 12w
    Pregnancy #2 EDD 8/28/2013, Carson was born on 6/28/2013 at 31w - spent 37 days in the NICU
  • Options
    We also used the Clearblue ovulation monitor. Very highly recommended

imageimageimage

Pregnancy #2 EDD 8/28/2013, Carson was born on 6/28/2013 at 31w - spent 37 days in the NICU
  • Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    edited October 2013
    You can paint while pregnant. 

ETA: I'm sorry for your losses DMB. 
  • Options
    Noooooooooo

imageimageimage

• Options
    Sorry for your losses DMB  :(
      It's a girl!! EDD 2/28/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Noooooooooo
    Is that to me? 
  • Options
    Yes. I would never paint while pregnant, especially after just having two losses. Why risk it? I've had one loss and it was traumatic. I was extra extra careful the second pregnancy. And the first loss was not in any way related to something I did.

imageimageimage

• Options
    Yes. I would never paint while pregnant, especially after just having two losses. Why risk it? I've had one loss and it was traumatic. I was extra extra careful the second pregnancy. And the first loss was not in any way related to something I did.

I'm sorry for your losses, but just because you choose not to do that doesn't mean that it's not safe. They make paint with low or no VOC that has little to no fumes. And even without that specific paint you just wear a mask and open a window. I painted my son's room with no issues, as did many moms from my BMB. There's no reason to tell people not to do something that can be done perfectly safe.
  • Options
    I guess we will have to agree to disagree on what you call "safe." I can find all kinds of sources that say it's not safe including the information provided by my OB-GYN. Do people do it? Yes. Does that mean its safe? Not necessarily.

imageimageimage

• Options
    Also, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

imageimageimage

• Options
    This really could go either way. If you ask for a work up due to 12 months of trying,that's one thing. They might say no because in that 12 months, you became pregnant twice. It's a possibility you need to be prepared for. If you want a work up for your 2 losses, then it's likely you're SOL. The standard is 3 consecutive losses. It sucks. I've been there, but it is what it is. Being that you are having early losses, I encourage you to chart consistently. Charting can help identify a luteal phase defect,which could explain the CPs. You might ask the doctor for a standing Rx for progesterone in the event you become pregnant again. Good luck, and I'm sorry for your losses.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"