Pregnant after 35
Options

Final Growth Ultrasound

edited October 2013 in Pregnant after 35
Whelp my baby is estimated to be 7lbs 7ozs at this time, and I'll be 36 weeks tomorrow. The doctor said if she comes now, she won't stop the labor. So far the family is betting she'll be here in another two weeks; however, I've carried all of my kids full term, and they weighed between 9-10lbs each. I'm getting so excited and anxious to meet my baby, and I will be so happy when it's over.

Re: Final Growth Ultrasound

• Options
    Exciting!   I hope everything goes well for you.
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options
    I'm right behind you! My dr hasn't mentioned doing a growth scan, I wonder if he's skipping it? My sister's baby was over 9 lbs but her husband is large so I don't think I have to worry since DH and I are both small. I sure feel like I'm carrying a 10 lb baby though, LOL!

Not much longer! In so many ways I'm ready, in other ways, yikes! I hope everything will go smoothly for you whether she decides to make an early appearance or go the distance!!
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you :-)
    QOTR said:

Exciting!   I hope everything goes well for you.

• Options
    Thank you. I hope all goes smooth for you as well.

I'm hoping she doesn't go the whole nine yards. The bottom of my belly is so sore from the weight of my baby, and the pressure is crazy. My doctor hasn't even checked to see if I've dilated. She said she saw no need and if I go into labor, well I just go. I've known her for over 16 years, so I'm comfortable with her decisions.
    Guennie said:

I'm right behind you! My dr hasn't mentioned doing a growth scan, I wonder if he's skipping it? My sister's baby was over 9 lbs but her husband is large so I don't think I have to worry since DH and I are both small. I sure feel like I'm carrying a 10 lb baby though, LOL!

Not much longer! In so many ways I'm ready, in other ways, yikes! I hope everything will go smoothly for you whether she decides to make an early appearance or go the distance!!

Guennie said:

• Options

I just had my final US today and I am 36 weeks.  This baby has chubby cheeks and a beefy arm lol.  They are estimating the baby to be about 6 lbs right now and if I deliver around my due date 11-21-13 it is estimated to be about 7lbs 8oz.  They said that same size with my daughter and she was only 7 lbs 1oz so I hope this one is on the smaller side too.  I wanna poop my pants.  I am soooo not ready for #2 to be here.  I can only live in denial for a few more weeks. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Awwww congrats to you! We are due one day apart. Yes mine is chubby all over. They said she's 95 percentile for weight at this point. I'm really hoping she will slow down with growth right now because she can barely move. Hopefully this baby will be smaller for you as well. I'm anxious and full of different emotions. Just so ready to get it over with.
    Geeps2 said:

I just had my final US today and I am 36 weeks.  This baby has chubby cheeks and a beefy arm lol.  They are estimating the baby to be about 6 lbs right now and if I deliver around my due date 11-21-13 it is estimated to be about 7lbs 8oz.  They said that same size with my daughter and she was only 7 lbs 1oz so I hope this one is on the smaller side too.  I wanna poop my pants.  I am soooo not ready for #2 to be here.  I can only live in denial for a few more weeks. 

• Options
    GuennieGuennie member
    edited October 2013
    Well I guess I'm getting my final growth scan next week- dr said today they will do it at my next appt to check on baby and fluid levels etc. He did my GBS test today. So that answers that question, I was really beginning to wonder. I'm so curious what she's going to look like at this point. She looked kinda creepy in the last one.

*Edited because my pregnancy brain decided to be dyslexic tonight. :P
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options
    I'm having my GBS done this Wednesday. At the final growth check, they measured everything and even checked the pulse in my uterus because I have HBP. Everything was 100% for me.

It's amazing how much they change. My little one had her lip poked out like "Please leave me alone!" :-)

I've been having brain fart really bad. Forgetting what I'm about to do. It always happens when I'm pregnant with girls.
    Guennie said:

Well I guess I'm getting my final growth scan next week- dr said today they will do it at my next appt to check on baby and fluid levels etc. He did my GBS test today. So that answers that question, I was really beginning to wonder. I'm so curious what she's going to look like at this point. She looked kinda creepy in the last one.

*Edited because my pregnancy brain decided to be dyslexic tonight. :P

• Options

It's amazing how much they change. My little one had her lip poked out like "Please leave me alone!" :-)

Aw!! This made me go all gooey. :)<3

• Options
    Yeah I was like "Awwww". It's just amazing!!
    Guennie said:

Aw!! This made me go all gooey. :)
  • Options

LOL it is amazing.  They are all squished in there and do not care to be poked and prodded with the US wand.  My little one kept putting it's hand over its face and then at one point was playing with it's feet.  We are team green so don't know what it is.  I can't wait to find out :)  Yet, I can!  Oh and don't get me started on pregnancy brain......what was I going to say?  I'm like a big dummy these days.  I will be in the middle of saying something and completely forget what I was talking about.  Good times!!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Yep that's me too. My brain really just wants to call it a day. I'm pretty sure my hubby thinks I've lost a few IQ points. :P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"