Baby Showers

surprise baby shower

I am going to have a baby shower and I have no say when its gonna be and who is coming...lol SO's family are Filipinos and Filipino traditions is having the dad-to-be and his family surprise the mom-to-be. I think its a fun idea, but SO doesn't know any of my friends and I'm gonna feel bad if they found out I had a baby shower and didn't invite them.. did any ladies went through this?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: surprise baby shower

• RedSaffronRedSaffron member
    edited October 2013
    I didn't mention that these party are like house parties where a lot of people show up...coworkers, cousins, friends of friends, friends of SO's siblings, etc. They are told there is party and they show up. I know a shower is a gift and not a requirement, but I'm not Filipino and having a sea of people who barely speak English and who I am going to meet for the first time makes me feel uncomfortable.....
  • Loading the player...
  • @Darbie914 oh yes they can show up, but SO doesn't know any of my friends. This post made me realize that I should be grateful for whatever happens and it would be great if my friends show up and if not, then hopefully ill make new ones at the shower lol
  • RedSaffronRedSaffron member
    edited October 2013
    He knows I have friends lol, but all my friends are in the culinary business (catering chefs, bakers) and their hectic schedule and our schedule sometimes conflict so he never got a chance to get to know them.
  • that's true, but like I said above, I'm grateful for whatever happens and if I make new friends at the shower then great.
  • I also find it odd that your boyfriend doesn't know any of your friends... Have you not been together long? I work long hours and my husband knows my friends well.
  • daisy662 said:
    I also find it odd that your boyfriend doesn't know any of your friends... Have you not been together long? I work long hours and my husband knows my friends well.
    It is what it is atm. He doesn't really get into my business. He knows I have friends, but he leaves it at that because even I hardly see them due to their busy schedule or they live like a plane ride away.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"