Trying to Get Pregnant

driving myself crazy...possible bfp

Hi ladies, 

so i posted this in 2WW but i'd really love some opinions

i took a blue dye test and pink dye test today, both positive!!  i'm 11 dpo and 12 days post my ovidel shot.  i took a blue dye test 2 days ago and it was negative so i'm hoping that the trigger shot was out of my system.  Has anyone experienced this?  i'm kicking myself for not testing out my trigger shot with a NON blue dye test to see if it came out of my system.

thank you so much

Re: driving myself crazy...possible bfp

• I would take a pink dye test. I've had false positives on blue dyes before. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TTC #2 since 8/2012
    Me:28 H:34
    Me: all tests normal!
    H:  Azoospermia (Sperm count zero).
    MFI Urologist all test normal.
    Biopsy Feb. 14

****EVERYONE WELCOME****
  • i took a pink and blue and they are both positive.  I'm just concerned about the ovidrel shot giving me a false positive
  • Loading the player...
  • Joy2611 said:

The blue dye test was negative two days ago so I would trust that.  The problem with blue dyes are false positives, not negatives (I believe - someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I second what Joy #1 said. I have personally gotten some pretty nasty evaps on blue dye tests. Now, I refuse to use them because they aren't as reliable.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is your third thread about this. Feel free to update one of those instead of continuing to post new ones....

**siggy warning**  **everyone welcome**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    DS- 11.07.02
    DSS- 6.26.04
    Married- 6.29.13
    TTC Again- Sept. 2013
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Test Results/Diagnosis- HSG & SA totally normal
    DX: 3/2014 Prolactinoma/Hyperprolactinemia- Started cabergoline 2/2014
    5/2014 Possible mild PCOS in addition to hyperprolactinemia??
    7/2014 Adding probable tubal factor to the diagnosis list
    9/2014 And now adding hypothyroid to the list- Started synthroid 9/2014
    Cycles 1-4 - Sept.-March- All Anovulatory 
    IUI #1 March/April-  Clomid 50mg + Clomid 100mg +Trigger + IUI #1 = BFN
     IUI #2 April/May-Clomid 100mg + Clomid 150mg + Trigger + IUI #2 + Endometrin=BFN
    IUI #3- June- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3  Benched due to a 40 mm cyst. :-(
    IUI #3- July- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3 + Endometrin = BFP! on 7/25/14
    Slowly rising betas - Ectopic suspected on 8/8/14 & confirmed on 8/11/14
    Methotrexate on 8/12/14 -HCG negative on 9/2/14
    IVF #1- November- Antagonist protocol: 11/1: start stims, 200iu of Follistim; 11/12 ER 17R/14M/14F; 11/17 5 day transfer of two blasts, 2 blasts and 2 expanding morulas frozen; 11/22 BFP!! (On FRER at 5dp5dt)
    Betas: 9dp5dt 205, 11dp5dt 497, 14dp5dt 1,709
    u/s at 5w0d- 1 sac; u/s at 6w0d 1 baby with heartbeat, another sac without a heartbeat

• well the question was about the ovidrel actually...if i'm just testing too soon? As people said the blue dye tests aren't that accurate i was concerned that it was a false negative from a few days ago.  

thanks everyone i appreciate the input!
  • well the question was about the ovidrel actually...if i'm just testing too soon? As people said the blue dye tests aren't that accurate i was concerned that it was a false negative from a few days ago.  

When did your RE tell you to start testing? Just curious.

I'm confused. Didn't you say you took a pink test as well that was positive? You think you had two false positive HPT's? 
  • TeeJ526 said:
    well the question was about the ovidrel actually...if i'm just testing too soon? As people said the blue dye tests aren't that accurate i was concerned that it was a false negative from a few days ago.  

When did your RE tell you to start testing? Just curious.
    On Monday. Apparently i felt like i had to  POAS early and their office is closed and i feel like an idiot.

i'm sorry for driving everyone batty with my posts guys. I realize how ridiculous this all sounds.
  • thank you ladies, seriously! appreciate all the help.
  • My bfp was either 11 or 12 dpo and I also had a trigger shot. Your re will probably follow with a few blood tests, but congrats!
    PCOS 
    Off bcp March 2011 
    Aug 2011-Feb 2012 tried to regulate cycles w/ Metformin -- no luck 
    April 2012: Clomid (50mg) + Injects + TI = BFN
    May 2012: Clomid (100mg) + Injects + TI = BFP on 6/8/12   

Lilypie - (74ba)
  • Test again tomorrow if you aren't sure (or just to see the two lines pop up again!)

Congrats!
  • Everyone is different but for my BFP cycle, I was 11 dpo and 12 days past my trigger shot and it was a true BFP, so it sounds good to me =) When is your beta?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"