November 2012 Moms

Still not crawling

Hi guys,
My little man is 11 months old and still showing no interest in crawling or standing/walking.... I know each baby is different, but was wondering if anyone else had late crawlers/ walkers. He likes to log roll when we put him on his belly.

Thanks,
Anna

Re: Still not crawling

• I don't have a late crawler, but our pedi said that some babies totally skip crawling.  It's definitely not too late to start walking so maybe your son will just skip crawling.  DD went from showing no interest in walking to pulling up on her own and balancing literally overnight.  On a side note, my brother didn't walk until 18 months.  He wasn't developmentally delayed, it just took him longer.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Like PP said some babies skip crawling all together, my mom said my sister and I both did, so its definitely normal to entirely skip crawling
  • Loading the player...
  • Is your son rolling over? My SIL skipped crawling because she could just roll to get to where she wanted to go. Is he sitting up? I would ask your pedi to see if he's concerned, but I've heard that some babies skip crawling.
  • My DS is 10.5 months and we just went this week to see a physical therapist.  We decided (along with his pediatrician) to get an evaluation because he was very late to roll over and at 9 months was not going from sitting to his stomach or from stomach to sitting.  He also wasn't doing any kind of army crawl.  The pedi also felt that his muscles might be a little weaker than expected for his age.  At our evaluation, the PT said he has mild low muscle tone.  He has also started an army crawl and going from tummy to sitting, but is favoring his left side.  We are going to work on helping him equal out the use of his right side as well as getting him to play on all 4s which is extremely exhausting for him right now.  They are just little things that time and practice will "heal."  Also, he is pretty good at standing, but she really doesn't want him to walk without crawling as he needs to build his upper body strength.  You might want to ask your pediatrician if they think your DC should get evaluated.
  • My daughter just started crawling on Monday. She's 11 months today.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kbl13kbl13 member
    edited October 2013
    My LO preferred to roll until about a week or 2 ago, then 1 day he just decided to try scooting forward (like an army-crawl) to get to my cell phone (something i don't typically let him play with).

I think these babies figure out new skills according to their own schedules, but it never hurts to try a little motivation. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Zane isn't really interested in crawling and pulling/standing up.. just yet. He just recently started trying to crawl. He gets moving his knees and uses his hands for just a few 'steps' and then gives out and army crawls to whatever he is after. 
    My LO isn't sitting full time yet either. He sits for a few min and them topples over to either side and army crawls.
    Nov 2012 BMB January Siggy Challenge
    Those Presedential Fitness Tests Were Torture

• I wouldn't be worried, but if you are you should ask your pedi. FWIW, the developmental chart I got from our pedi says nothing about crawling, but says 90% of babies can get to sitting and pull to stand by 10 months. I'm saying this not because I think this is the gospel truth but because I thought it was interesting information. Also there will always be 10% of babies that do things later. This is the chart BTW:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"