Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Annoying Sister in Law!

I don't know what it is but she is driving me nuts!  Our son is about 2 1/2 weeks, first nephew/grandchild on both families sides so I do understand the excitement. However, she is a little overboard with her visits.  I had a c section so I was in the hospital longer than normal...she came every night to visit.  First week home, she was here at least every day.  Her comments annoy me too...like acts possessive over the baby when other people are visiting and holding him.  I don't know what it is, but even when I was pregnant she annoyed me with her comments. She is younger so she may not understand that A. I'm tired B. We need to figure out our routine and C. I don't want a visitor every night!!  HELP!  Just had to vent...but anyone else have annoying in law issues?? 
BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Annoying Sister in Law!

• Hmm, I could have il issues but I'm pretty secure in speaking up and setting boundaries and i definately had to do this in the first week!. I highly believe in boundaries that need set for my health and sanity. So that's my suggestion. Tactful, honest, non emotional communication. Just be honest and nice and hopefully you won't have to take it to the next level. :) best of luck! Take care of yourself first. Those who mind don't matter, those who mattet don't mind. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You give her boundaries. You tell her how you're feeling and let her know she is no longer allowed to come over nightly. It's your baby and your house (I'm assuming it's your house).
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Ditto.  Be honest.  We had to limit visitors too.  They may have been a little upset but they dealt with it and we're all still on good terms.  
  • I had this same problem with my aunt. It was ridiculous. She wanted to be in the room during my labor. We aren't even that close. I didn't want anyone visiting the first couple of weeks because I was exhausted and paranoid about germs. Not to mention, I preferred being topless all day because my LO was nursing aaalllll the time! I eventually, and awkwardly, gave her a piece of my mind and she has since backed off. You need to just tell her the truth. There is no getting around it if you want things to change.
    imageimageimage

• Just tell her no. When she asks if she can stop by, or if she just shows up, don't let her in! Say "now is not a good time, would you mind calling first next time?" I had to do just that with my IL's who thought they could just drop by whenever. Not ok.

• Thanks ladies!!  I definitely have to lay the boundaries down. It helps to know it's not just me!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"