Preemies
Options

Changing over from peg tube to Mickey button

We r changing over from peg tube to Mickey button. Notice any difference? Like the Mickey? Any issues with it?
BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Changing over from peg tube to Mickey button

• Options
    She's 8 months actual 4 months adjusted. I'd like all the tips I can get. What is xp-ing and SN board? Where do I find this? Thanka
  • Options
    Jenrn2203Jenrn2203 member
    edited October 2013
    She's getting it done with 2 weeks she's going under general anesthesia bc she needs a egd too and the dr said it's too pain full to change from a peg to Mickey it without being put under
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We love the Mickey button! It is so much easier to take care of!
    image Our 25 week miracles! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    She's s ex 24 weeker chronic lung disease she's now 9 months actual and 5 adjusted, prior to coming home from a 5 month Nicu stay she was taking 30-80% of her bottles, once she got home her reflux got so bad she stopped taking anything orally so she got a gtube, so it's been 3 months now with the peg and her reflux is so stil bad and is still on Prevacid. She's projectile vomiting a lot which is causing her not to want any baby food and still no bottle. It's been a extremely hard battle but she's thriving and is doing so amazing other wise gaining wt great and so happy, if we could only get her to eat. The gi docs r great but all they care about is the numbers on the scale, which is frustrating . Kids r suppose to eat She's on 1/4L oxygen still . We r hopeing the egd shows something - which sounds bad- but we need some answers for this throwing up! If I knew how to post pics on here I would! :)
  • Options
    Ah it feels so relieving we are not alone! She is on similac sensitive 22cal, she gets about 5 1/2 oz every 4 hours on a kangaroo pump or if she's hungry she eats sooner, she gets 6mg of Prilosec 1 time per day and 0.3cc of erythromycin to help with digestion. I just started giving her a probiotic too and I'm taking her to a chiropractor , I have been reading a lot of success stories with reflux and chriopractors. She lets anything in her mouth except a bottle of coarse. We are trying bites of babyfood and she is so so with it. Good idea with the increased calories But doesn't that upset his stomach and back him up? You should join "preemie moms" on Facebook so we can chat more!
  • Options
    How old is ur little guy? How do u do the open cup?
  • Options
    Awesome! I am so looking into this. Where did you order those from? What do you put in it? Milk, formula, juice?
  • Options
    Jenrn2203Jenrn2203 member
    edited October 2013
    Thanks I bought the nosey cup and the vibrating thing
  • Options
    ot and feeding clinic weekly
  • Options
    Have u heard about the website tube weaning program notube.com ? I've been reading about it but leary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"