August 2012 Moms
Options

T&P & advice please

Just found out my older sister had a miscarriage. It was going to be her and her husband's first kid. If you could keep them in your prayers that would be awesome.

Also, advice. We aren't super close and I'm not really sure how to be supportive. What I should say or do, etc. My mom and younger sis are headed over this afternoon. I'm leaving work early to pick up D but I'm not sure if I should go to or if that will to overwhelming. What say you?

TIA

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: T&P & advice please

• Options

I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. 

Honestly, just ask her or put the offer out there.  Explain to her that you want to be there for her but completely understand if she wants to be left alone.  Tell her that if she wants you to come over, you'll be there in a heartbeat.  Or if she wants to just talk, tell her you'll be there to listen.  It's a really touchy situation and people all react differently.  I, personally, wanted to just be left alone with DH.   

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Options
    I am sorry for her loss. Honestly the best thing you can say is that you are sorry for her loss, and offer yourself if and when she is ready. Something along the lines of "I am so sorry this has happened. I am here for anything you may need." As others have said she may want space. Sending something thoughtful can't go wrong either.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ditto to everyone else - sending T&Ps to your sister

• Options
    I'm so sorry. Agree with everyone else: send a text, call tomorrow, follow up in a few days with specifics like "can I drop off dinner?"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"