Food Allergy

Are Oreos truly dairy free?

I'm just concerned about the D symbol with the circle right after the Kosher U. Thought that meant a possibility of cross contamination but I don't see that listed elsewhere on the package.
I've eaten them with no problems while BFing but DS is getting old enough to eat them now & want to be certain.
TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Are Oreos truly dairy free?

• Have you checked their website? One of DD1's friends has a dairy allergy, and Oreos were what her mom always sent to school as a back-up treat.
  • yes. my son can have them and he only licks the inside so i know it has to be safe.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yup, those and Nutter Butters were my safe cookies.
    imageimage
  • Thank you guys! I called and was also told they were fine. I guess I don't really understand the kosher symbols!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Based on the number of cases I have eaten since going dairy free while breastfeeding I am quite confident they are in fact dairy free!  She ha never reacted, and she'll react if I slip up on anything else.  It was the most exciting day ever when I found out I could eat those after cutting out all dairy!!

• I'm just concerned about the D symbol with the circle right after the Kosher U. Thought that meant a possibility of cross contamination but I don't see that listed elsewhere on the package. I've eaten them with no problems while BFing but DS is getting old enough to eat them now & want to be certain. TIA!

From what I can tell, they're saying that the Oreos are made on equipment that also makes products with dairy in them. 

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"