Secondary IF
Options

FB post w/ sensitivity

I saw this posted on facebook today and in light of @SouthernMomma's post about the thoughtless pregnant idiot's post, I thought you ladies might appreciate this. While many of us may already have postpartum stretch marks of our own, after struggling to give DD a sibling, I know I for one have a whole new appreciation for the marks/scars pregnancy leaves behind.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: FB post w/ sensitivity

• Options
    So true.  I saw this picture posted on fb this morning, and it made me a little teary eyed.
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• Options
    Love it. I was bikini skinny before I had DS and...now I have fat rolls I didn't think could exist haha! No, seriously, it's like the pic above, my stomach took a beating with pregnancy. I was so small I almost think it would have been better (stretch mark wise) if I had been a little bigger to begin with.

Sigh.

I now have a csection scar and a roadmap to Florida on my stomach and I had to say goodbye to my bikinis :(

BUT I wouldn't trade it for the world. Also, my boobs grew like 2 cup sizes and have stayed that way (thank you breastfeeding!)

because so many people are in the IF closet (I can't talk) I sometimes feel like it doesn't get as much awareness as say breastcancer for instance, because nobody wants to talk about it.

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I saw this also, & I shared it. It is so sad that people do not realize how lucky they are :(
  • Options
    @KC1212 I have the C-section scar but I got pretty lucky with stretch marks. Unfortunately, my boobs went from 36Bs to 40DD and I kept NONE of it. But I have really nice stretch marks and small saggy boobs now. :( My sister once told me "I used to aspire to have your boobs". They were pretty awesome. Not too big or small and really firm and perky. *sigh* Those days are gone!  I will be happy when they grow again, even if it's only for a short period of time!

BFP #1 ended in MMC. Discovered Oct 2005 @10w5d, baby stopped growing around 6w. D&C.
    BFP#2 Nov 2005. Baby's heart stopped @ 8w3d. D&C Jan 2006. Trisomy 18
    BFP#3 Nov 2006. My "miracle baby" DD born 7/25/07
    BFP #4 11/6/12. EDD 7/16/13~my birthday! No sac found @ 5w1d, betas not increasing. Natural m/c started 11/20/12.

BFP#5 11/9/13.  EDD 7/21/14  Our beautiful rainbow born on his due date!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"