Parenting
Options

S/O Halloween costumes - maybe NSFW

We are lame and are doing family costumes. DS is going to be a football, DH a football player, and I'm going to be a referee.

I asked DH if I should be a "sexy" referee or a "sensible mommy" referee. He sent me the pic below.

I said, "Yeah, I'll look exactly like that, and you can look like this," and I sent him the second pic. We both decided that plastic surgery would be required to look like the respective pics.

Anyway, now that you're moms, do you still ever wear (a little bit) sexy costumes? Not like the pic, but maybe a referee top with a black skirt that falls 3-6 inches above the knee and black boots? Or would you just wear black pants and sneakers?

Re: S/O Halloween costumes - maybe NSFW

• Options
    Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I still want to be able to play with DS on the porch without looking trashy or being restricted on bending over so everyone doesn't see my quacker, but I want to look a little bit hot at least.
  • Options
    Maebb said:
     Anyway, now that you're moms, do you still ever wear (a little bit) sexy costumes? Not like the pic, but maybe a referee top with a black skirt that falls 3-6 inches above the knee and black boots? Or would you just wear black pants and sneakers?
    I didn't realize moms weren't allowed to wear miniskirts and boots.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    pobrecita said:
    LuckyDad said:
    Maebb said:
    I didn't realize moms weren't allowed to wear miniskirts and boots.
    Eh. If I'm chasing my kid around, that's a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen.
    BIngo.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options
    Yeah, @pobrecita, I borrowed an actual one from a friend, so it's more like a polo and is probably going to be big on me.

@LuckyDad, as far as I'm concerned, it's allowed and encouraged by my DH, as long as I can still look after DS without flashing people. And I will probably wear black opaque tights with it for warmth.
  • Options
    I think moms and women in general should be "allowed" to show as much or as little skin as they care to without judgement.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Options
    I'm also wondering if her husband is going as "sexy football player".  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options
    FTR, DH has never "disallowed" anything about my clothing choices. He probably would like it if I wore less matronly clothes, but I wear what I am comfortable wearing, and he is loving and supportive of it. I just worded it that way because @LuckyDad referred to moms being "allowed" to wear boots and miniskirts.

And I'm not sure if he plans to be a sexy football player. I wonder if he still has his high school football pants because football pants are hot.
  • Options
    Anyone want to buy me the slutty corn costume for me to wear to an adult party?

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Options
    Ok.

My original question was more because some people think that moms are held to a different standard of modesty than other women. Like my mother would say, "If she's a mother, she shouldn't be dressing that way because she needs to look appropriate and set a good example for her kids."

I just brought DH into it because I'm saying that he would appreciate it if I dressed more provocatively. I'd like to find the balance between looking hot and still wearing something that's practical and appropriate.
  • Options
    I don't think mothers in general should shy away from certain costumes. 

But there's something a little...off...about wearing a sexy outfit to a family-friendly event.  If it was just you and your H at an adult party, fine. Wear as little as you feel. 

But if your husband is going as a football player,and your kids are going as generic football accessories, it doesn't make sense why you, and you alone, would be wearing a "sexy" costume,KWIM?  It doesn't "go" with the family outfit.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options
    Sexy costumes are NMS unless it is part of the costume, like Marilyn Monroe or Elvira. I usually pick costumes that are scary or characters. Anyway, I wouldn't do it as part of a family costume. I agree with CG on that.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • Options
    I don't mean anything remotely close to the original picture I posted. I'm having a hard time finding what I mean on Google because they're all too sexy. Something kind of like this:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I would personally go with shorts over the mini skirt if I was going to be out with the kids. ETA: Fixed stupid format caused by user error.

. image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I haven't had kids and I really don't like 'sexy' costumes.  It's freaking COLD outside. 
  • Options
    klondikebarklondikebar member
    edited October 2013
    Maebb said:
    I don't mean anything remotely close to the original picture I posted. I'm having a hard time finding what I mean on Google because they're all too sexy. Something kind of like this:

This one seems fine to me. It's cute. It doesn't scream sexy adult party costume, but you can still look hot in it.

edit: My reply is based off of it being a part of a family costume and what I would wear. I don't have anything against sexy costumes on other people.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • Options
    @maebb - Could you go as a cheerleader instead of a ref?

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options
    I wouldn't wear too short of a skirt but not because I'm a mom, it's because I'm flabby.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    You need a yellow penalty flag to throw at people to go with the ref outfit.
  • Options
    I thought about the cheerleader thing, but it's harder to find cheerleader costumes that are family appropriate . Also, I can just borrow a ref shirt from someone, so the costume is free. Idk anyone who has a cheerleader outfit in my size I could borrow.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"