3rd Trimester

The "not knowing"...makes me nuts!

Good morning ladies! So this morning I had my weekly NST, and the OB told me I had 3 contractions...about 9 minutes apart. I didn't really feel any but 1 maybe...but it does surprise me. I am 36w/1d...wouldn't it be nice if there was a crystal ball that could tell us when these little ones are coming? She said it could be this week, or I may make it to the end...you never really know. She said they will check me at 38 weeks and see how things are going, assuming he hasn't come yet. These last few weeks are torture!!

Re: The "not knowing"...makes me nuts!

• It's definitely tough not knowing..I think at 36w you are safe to assume you will make the next appointment though. Especially if you don't feel the contractions at all.
  • I feel the same, I have been having BH alot and pretty sure I had a few contractions last weekend.  At my appt on tuesday I am now at a 2 and 50% I know you can be at at 2 for a while, but now that its getting close I start to freak not knowing "when" our little one will be here and the fact that we have a 2 year old also that will have to go to grandma and grandpas if I decide to go into labor.  Just the fact of not knowing if it will be in the middle of the night or work or whenever just stresses me out. lol and then I found out that my doctor is not working next week! that adds another thing i stress about. hahaha 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • as many ppl say, get used to it.  Being a parent is full of surprises.
  • I know what you mean! I have been having contractions since 24 weeks, so I am used to it at this point ... but that doesn't keep me from thinking "could this be it??" every time I feel something slightly different. Doesn't help that I'm expecting twins and they could literally come any time between now and 39 weeks (which is when my doc will induce me)! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"