Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Fenugreek pills for increasing breast milk??

Carolina2727Carolina2727 member
edited October 2013 in Babies: 0 - 3 Months
I have read many articles that suggest taking fenugreek as a way of increasing milk supply. Has anyone tried this and did it work?? I recently started taking the pill form and have not yet seen much of a difference. I also tried Milky by Tia and Tamara, that actually did make a bit of an increase but it's too pricey for me at the moment.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}

Re: Fenugreek pills for increasing breast milk??

• Options
    I've heard it works but haven't tried it.  I'm actually getting ready to post a question about lactation cookies.  One thing I think that has helped me a little is Gatorade.  I've also increased my intake of oatmeal and that seems to be helping.  Good luck!
  • Options
    I took it and it didn't affect my 30-week preemie. I took four pills three times a day and it helped a little. I did notice an increase, but beware, you will smell like maple syrup :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I took it and it didn't affect my 30-week preemie. I took four pills three times a day and it helped a little. I did notice an increase, but beware, you will smell like maple syrup :)
  • Options
    I tried it along with mothers milk tea. All it did was give me a horrible upset stomach each day. I've heard done women say it works for them though!
  • Options
    Thank you ladies!!! When I asked the question I hadn't seen difference in my milk supply but in the last cpl days it has definitely increased!!! I have been taking the suggested dosage of 1240mg, 8 pills a day. I have not had an upset stomach and Valentina seems just fine. I did buy the organic so Idk if that makes a difference. For those of you interested it is Solaray Organically Grown (excipients free) Fenugreek. I purchased it at a local health food store. I hope it works for you as well as it has me! :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options
    I took 2 610mg pills 3x a day, along with water and eating oatmeal. None of it made a difference for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"