April 2014 Moms
Options

FFFC

9 am CST and no post yet? Come on ladies, let's hear 'em!
DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014

Re: FFFC

• Options
    I'm going to a wedding this weekend that is about 30 minutes from my parents house (5 hours from home) and I'm not going to see them. Sorry!
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Earlier this week a friend of mine touched my very small bump...I almost hit her. Do not touch my bump!
    image image

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    The band director picked such horrible music for our christmas concert that I just didn't play one song at all.  I sat there and pretended, it was that  bad.  And I do not feel guilty at all!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    hlm184 said:
    The band director picked such horrible music for our christmas concert that I just didn't play one song at all.  I sat there and pretended, it was that  bad.  And I do not feel guilty at all!

Wish I could do that tonight. Is it bad that I'm always happy when Carmen finally dies in the opera??
    It just shows how awful my part was - I'm the only one on it and I can still not play and not be noticed!
  • Options
    TallaB said:

Last night I went to Taco Bell and I saw the sweetest thing that made me feel like a horrible human being!!
    Generally, I ignore the people standing on the roadside with their "need food/money" signs. I've been approached by THE SAME man with the SAME STORY numerous times in a parking lot pleading for "gas money"...Im just not a very compassionate person I guess.
    But as I was sitting in the drive thru line, the car in front of me got his food. Just past the pick up window was a man sitting on the ground with his "need food/money" sign. After the car picked up his food, he stopped in front of the man and handed him his entire order, drink and all. And then left without any food. The possibly homeless man looked so grateful, got up and went over to a bus shelter to eat his food. 
    And this made me realize - I should probably have more compassion for some people on hard times. Because if it had been my ahead of this other car, I highly doubt I would have done the same...I probably would have taken my meal and drove off, not even glancing at the homeless man. Sooo, my confession today is that I am a horrible, UNcompassionate person...but i'm gonna work on it!

Also, @BiggerinRealLife I have taken numerous writing courses...and I still have a very poor understanding of the use of a comma :)

I just cried reading this.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I dont mind people touching my bump....

Our World!!

Blaine Emerson                  Bailey Rae

3-31-14                               6-10-11

image image
  • Options
    rlmanning said:

Me either!!
  • Options
    I am 15 weeks and this pregnancy is still not real to me yet. I haven't had any dreams about the baby I haven't pictured the baby home with us. I don't know what's worn with me. I'm still really scared it could go south at any minute. Sometimes Im really skeptical of anything good happening.. Like ok this is too good to be true something has to go wrong. :(
    September Siggy Challenge: What I Sing in the Shower: Little Mermaid "Part Of That World"image

• Options
    lia619 said:
    This makes me mean and it's probably more of a UO, but I'm starting to get tired of the "here's my super early ultrasound pic, now tell me if it's a boy or girl internet people" posts. If the tech can't tell, neither can we--sorry! I feel myself wanting to leave snarky comments on the post even when I know it's someone who rarely posts and I would probably hurt their feelings. Also, I totally agree with @thomas930. The A/S or any ultrasound is not a photo session solely for your enjoyment (unless you paid for a fancy boutique us), dammit!
    I'm starting to feel that way about those posts too, where is everyone's patience!! 

We are doing an elective scan and finding out at 17 weeks so that way I can focus at the anatomy scan, and I also wanted my kids there when we find out the sex. I am way excited to know what's baking in there but if it weren't for wanting my kids there I would just wait until my anatomy scan. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
  • Options
    bornmommy said:

rlmanning said:

Me either!!

I'll take it a step further and say that I really don't understand that whole don't touch my bump" thing.   I'm proud of my bump.  Go ahead and touch it. 

The only thing I don't like is when SO grabs my belly. It's sensitive and hurts! Otherwise touch away. All my preschoolers like to touch it too.
  • Options

TallaB said:

Last night I went to Taco Bell and I saw the sweetest thing that made me feel like a horrible human being!!
    Generally, I ignore the people standing on the roadside with their "need food/money" signs. I've been approached by THE SAME man with the SAME STORY numerous times in a parking lot pleading for "gas money"...Im just not a very compassionate person I guess.
    But as I was sitting in the drive thru line, the car in front of me got his food. Just past the pick up window was a man sitting on the ground with his "need food/money" sign. After the car picked up his food, he stopped in front of the man and handed him his entire order, drink and all. And then left without any food. The possibly homeless man looked so grateful, got up and went over to a bus shelter to eat his food. 
    And this made me realize - I should probably have more compassion for some people on hard times. Because if it had been my ahead of this other car, I highly doubt I would have done the same...I probably would have taken my meal and drove off, not even glancing at the homeless man. Sooo, my confession today is that I am a horrible, UNcompassionate person...but i'm gonna work on it!

Also, @BiggerinRealLife I have taken numerous writing courses...and I still have a very poor understanding of the use of a comma :)

Me too. I love a good comma. ;)

2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • Options
    @eme050 HEY!!! I haven't seen a post from you in a while, happy to see one today. Hope all is well for you and congrats on finding out you're having a girl!
  • Options
    amhah09 said:
    i have a certain small list of people on here whose posts i deliberately do not comment on.  it's childish of me to bump-shun people, but i do.
    I've started doing the same thing lately because I realized they make me mean and I feel like my IQ drops 20 points just reading their crap.
    me too. i feel like there are some people that just piss me off and its better if I just ignore them.
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
    BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    On Wednesday, I knew DD was going to poop before we got to school (she told me), but instead of changing her, I pretended I didn't notice and dropped her off as normal. Sorry teachers!
    My husband did this a couple weeks ago. I don't know about your DD but my DS takes forever to completely poop. DS started right as he put him in the car and they were running late. When I picked him up his teacher said "I was really surprised to see he came in a dirty diaper". I just acted surprised that he had pooped.

DS1:5/2011; DS2 arriving 4/2014

• Options

Me too. I love a good comma. ;)
    LOL I was totally going to post and ask if it was my poor grammar upsetting her!

• Options
    Also

I'm still in bed, the only thing motivating me to go downstairs is a toasted PB&J
    September Siggy Challenge: What I Sing in the Shower: Little Mermaid "Part Of That World"image

• Options
    I don't like acquaintances touching me, period. Being pregnant doesn't change that.
    Word.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

\image  image

• Options
    poru said:
    I made cake batter rice crispy treats and ate about 75% of them myself. Actually probably more like 90%.
    We will only flame you if you don't share the recipe!
    This.

Because I need to run out and get the stuff to make these.  Oh em gee.
  • Options
    hlm184 said:
    poru said:
    I made cake batter rice crispy treats and ate about 75% of them myself. Actually probably more like 90%.
    We will only flame you if you don't share the recipe!
    This.

Because I need to run out and get the stuff to make these.  Oh em gee.
    Agreed!  I'm only working a half day today and this sounds like a great thing to make with DS this afternoon.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Options
    My FFFC is that I let my kids watch this youtube ghost video yesterday and it scared them so bad they both cried.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abRCag9wxpw
  • Options
    ImnAtari said:

My day got ruined by my car being an asshole this morning. I came home and put on sweatpants and climbed back into bed. I have no intention to get out of bed for the rest of the day.

My car was jerk this morning, too, but ended up working in the end so here I am at work. Definitely sucks about your car, but I'm jealous about the sweatpants and bed.
  • Options
    We are cooking a big dinner for my extended family tonight. I'm really excited to see my dad and brothers because it's been a while. I'm secretly so happy that my youngest brother and his family can't make it. He has 3 young boys and when everyone is in the house together it gets so crazy. They get DS so amped up and it drives me crazy. Now it will be a nice relaxing dinner.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"