February 2014 Moms

~*~*Thursday Ticker Change~*~*

Here's our Thursday Ticker Change (unless some random person got up earlier than 5:30am to beat me to it.  It too early for me to scroll through and check)

I hope everyone had a fantastic week.

Week/Fruit:

What's new? (Appointments/Milestones):

Symptoms/Cravings?

QOTW:  There was some mention yesterday about dolphin midwives and everyone knows that is the preferred method of delivery.  But in case that cannot be a reality for you, have you done any birth planning?  Thought about classes?  

I think I made all the requested changes.  Please continue to let me know any updates/additions I need to make.

Wildflower26: EDD 2/6/14  Team:?

Virgo&Aquarius: EDD 2/6  Team: Pink

Ashleyv013:  EDD 2/6  Team:Pink

Meghan14: EDD 2/13/14  Team: Blue

Kaholland4: EDD 2/13/14  Team: Green

TreeOLife: EDD 2/13/14  Team:Pink

Wheathergirl: EDD: 2/13 Team: Pink

Hollywoodvibe18: EDD 2/13/14  Team: Green

Yhaener: EDD 2/20/14 Team: Pink

Marcobonny: EDD 2/20/14 Team:Twin Girls

Fullerj21: EDD 2/20/14 Team:Pink

Jdekzoo: EDD 2/20/14  Team:?

Emilystallins: EDD 2/20/14 Team: Pink

Ivedonethisb4: EDD 2/20/14 Team: Green

PinkLillyLover: EDD 2/20  Team: Green

AndreaG2010: EDD 2/27/14 Team: Pink

Heatherip43: EDD 2/27/14 Team:Pink

MotherToThree+2: EDD 2/27   TWINS!!

Ras26: EDD 3/6/14  Team: Girl

MrsJWood:

Vestaria14:

Mythaldo: Pink

Btrebus:

F'14 October Siggy Challenge: Animals in Costumes

Re: ~*~*Thursday Ticker Change~*~*

• Week/Fruit:  24 weeks, my ticker still says papaya- how weird is that?!  I think it should say cantaloupe?

What's new? (Appointments/Milestones):  Saw OB on Tues. things continue to look good :) 

Symptoms/Cravings?  Heartburn was so bad yesterday I ran into the house and ate vanilla ice cream from the carton.  I guess that takes care of symptoms and cravings all at once.

QOTW:  There was some mention yesterday about dolphin midwives and everyone knows that is the preferred method of delivery.  But in case that cannot be a reality for you, have you done any birth planning?  Thought about classes?  
    Is "1960" a birthplan?  How about "as many drugs as possible."?  
    I just got info at my appointment Tues for classes offered by a nurse who used to work at the hospital I'll be delivering at, so I'll have to get some more info on that, seems like a good option though.

please ignore my crazy changing fonts & sizes, i think they've been partying with my ticker.

• Week: 26 I believe I am at a head of lettuce now.
    Anything new: I saw my Dr on Tuesday, this LO is growing fast since I have been put in a new nutrition plan. I have also began to gain weight.
    Symptoms/cravings: Insomnia, back pain, puking. When I have a craving it needs to be something sweet if salty.
    Still team..green
    GTKY: My plan is to get the baby to full term, then get the baby out in the safest way for the baby.
     ***********************************************************************************************
      blogbutton badge!!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Week/Fruit: 25!! Cauliflower
    What's new? Well, we had another elective ultrasound scan because the place we went to before had a coupon so I wanted to see the baby in 3d now that she's less alien like. We also made moves on the nursery. I put up white sheers and lavender blackout curtians! My coworker is going to come and put up the new closet doors so I'm excited about that. I also too DD#1's stuff out of the baby's room.
    Symptoms/Cravings? I was really craving a blooming onion from outback last weekend! My husband took me there on Saturday and it was soooo delicious.

As for a birth plan... I really, really want the drugs!! With DD#1 I had an epi and felt NOTHING as I pushed her out. No ring of fire no nothing. I also didn't have any crazy pain afterwards. My epi was "reloaded" right before I started to push. I would love not to feel the baby coming out again... But of course I'm realistic that it may not happen like that again. So like Brock Lesner says "Here comes the pain!!"
    I'm a sinner saved by grace and a child of the Attitude Era (Oh you didn't know?!?)
    #OurBoyD-Bryan #TeamCrossRhodes #KnowYourRoll #ShutYourMouth 
    DD#1: 9/3/2004 Noelle Catherine
    DD#2: 1/26/2014 Faith Preston
    DC(dear cat?? lol): 6/5/2009 Shane Fitzgerald Kennedy
    I married my best friend <3 DH is my knight in shining armor! 

• Week/Fruit: 25 Cauliflower!

What's new? (Appointments/Milestones): Not a whole lot, seeing my midwife on the 7th. Baby Ava is super active all the time!!

Symptoms/Cravings? Eggo Waffles.,..I could eat them all day every day! As far as symptoms goes, just a little hip pain.

I plan on doing Hypnobabies home course, since I'm planning to do a home birth

@Meghan14 -My due date and team a wrong- Due date 2/6/2014 and I am Team Pink!! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Week/Fruit: 23/grapefruit

What's new? (Appointments/Milestones): He's kicking like a ninja now! My parents drove in from out of town to go with me to my U/S on Monday and they got to see him!

Symptoms/Cravings? No symptoms, but can a sister get a mother f'n corndog?!

I've thought about classes, but I'm undecided on actually paying money for going to them when I'll just forget everything once I'm in the moment. 

EDD: Feb 20, 2014 with a BOY!

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

February 2014 Moms Siggy Challenge... Turkeys

BabyName Ticker
  • AndreaG2010AndreaG2010 member
    edited October 2013
    Week/Fruit: 22w/Papaya

What's new? Saw my OB on Tuesday everything is great! Had an ultrasound, little girl is 15oz.

Symptoms/Cravings? Pinched nerve in left leg on and off for the past week. I'm going to buy a pregnancy belt and see if that helps. Craving- chocolate!!

QOTW: I'm having a repeat c-section at the same hospital DS was born. It's already scheduled for Feb. 20th (39 weeks). I took every class they offered during my first pregnancy. I will not be taking any this time.

ETA: DH felt her kick several times Tuesday night! :)

Lilypie - (jCE1)

Lilypie - (mQ2I)

Daisypath - (hLYb)

• Week/fruit: 23/grapefruit

What's new: I'm on my way to my 23 week appt right now (DH is driving). Im feeling baby girl move and kick regularly. I also bought a snoogle this week and I'm sleeping so much more comfortably.

Symptoms/cravings: craving all things pumpkin.

QOTW: we are going to sign a up for birthing classes but haven't done so yet. We are waiting for the hospital to release their December and January schedules.

Happy Thursday!
  • Week/Fruit: I am 22 weeks and a Papaya

What's new?
    (Appointments/milestones):
    I have my next appointment on October 30. Milestones seeing a lawyer about the discrimination at work :/ I have also had another flare up with my bowels and have to go have a colonoscopy on November 11. So it's been stressful here but doing ok.

Symptoms/Cravings?
    Oreos! Oh my I have ate so many sleeves of Oreos lately!! Bad dreams don't know if that is a huge symptom of being pregnant but I have had the strangest dreams! Last night was dreams about some random guys breaking into my home with me home alone.

There was some mention yesterday about dolphin midwives and everyone knows that is the preferred method of delivery.  But in case that cannot be a reality for you, have you done any birth planning?
    Is it bad that I have not even started thinking about this yet? Yikes. I have a tour scheduled at my hospital on November 20. Figured I would sign up for the birthing class then and after the class make my birth plan.

• @Heatherlp43   "I have a tour scheduled at my hospital on November 20. Figured I would sign up for the birthing class then and after the class make my birth plan."  
    Already you seem to have more of a plan than me.  You sound pretty on top of shit.

@ivdonethisb4  "This stupid cancer has beat me in regards to my pregnancy, labor & even breastfeeding plans but I'll win the battle."
    You amaze me.  You are one of the strongest women I know (on TB or IRL)  

@BTREBUS & Hollywoodvibe18 : Changes made! (on the word doc I save it in... updates will be shown next week)

I love our Thursday group!  I wish it were a bit bigger, but then maybe I wouldn't love it as much.  

• Week/Fruit: 24! cantaloupe!

What's new? Baby is kicking more and more each day. Next apt is on Tuesday.

Symptoms/Cravings?Heart burn and acid reflux way more often. Ice cream is the love of my life. And bacon. Freakin love bacon.

QOTW: my plan is to get a needle in the spine before pushing this baby out as quickly and safely as I can in a hospital.
  • Week/Fruit: 24 weeks! TB says canatlop and WTEWYE says corncob/eggplant/something in between? That app is weird.

What's New? I got the amazing altrasound on my leg due to my single swollen cankle yesterday and my veins and arteries look normal, so that's good. I wish I knew why it's been swollen out of nowhere in the first place, but I'll take it. DH is pretty active these days, so I've been enjoying her company.

Symptoms/Cravings? Aside from the usual sore back and hips and the unusual cankle, not much new to report. I've been extra crabby lately since I'm still losing sleep lately, but it's usually helped by watching all the great Halloween movies on lately after work. Not too many cravings lately since I baked a pumpkin chiffon pie last weekend and a turtle cheesecake the weekend before that.

QOTW: I'll be pretty happy if I get to do some laboring at home before DH and I go to the hospital in panic mode. I would hope labor isn't so awful that I could pace and use a birthing ball and feel like I really gave it my best going natural at the hospital, but I am not opposed to the idea of meds if I need 'em (and if I need them, I better get them FAST). DH and I are doing a full Saturday (8am-4pm) childbirth and newborn care class and I'll be doing a separate 2-hour breastfeeding class some evening after work. I'm thinking about taking a pregnancy nutrition and health class next month since it's free with my other classes, but I'm pretty sure it would be really redundant with the books I've read.
    Batman_dickbutt photo 328_batmansmall.jpg

Feb. 2014 Moms January Siggy Challenge: Cute & Clumsy Animals
    Maru!
  • @mythaldo sorry about your ankle. But oh my good turtle cheesecake yum!! Do you have a recipe for that?

@meghan14 vanilla ice cream for heart burn I like your style :) I also agree with you on the group. It's nice to be able to go through and read everyone's replies and see how the group is doing.

&Virgo&Aquirius good for you on the nursery I feel like such a procrastinator because I have nothing done with it yet!!

@ivedonethisbefore you seem like an extremely strong women, and with that determination you will beat this!!

• mythaldomythaldo member
    edited October 2013
    @mythaldo sorry about your ankle. But oh my good turtle cheesecake yum!! Do you have a recipe for that?

I most certainly do! It was easier than I thought it would be, but hella time consuming. Here's the recipe:

Sorry if it's not clicky. I followed several of the modifications people suggested in the comments by making an Oreo crust instead, I added 1.5x the filling in the recipe and I bake for 10 min. at 450, 30 min. at 250, and then 30 min. with the oven totally off. It was PERFECT. I'm making it to take to Thanksgiving :).
    Batman_dickbutt photo 328_batmansmall.jpg

Feb. 2014 Moms January Siggy Challenge: Cute & Clumsy Animals
    Maru!
  • @mythaldo thank you so much I'm going to try it!!
  • Missed this yesterday.

Week/Fruit: 21 weeks.  No idea on fruit.

What's New? DH felt LO kick this week.  It was exciting.  Usually when I have him feel, she stops. 

Symptoms/Cravings? I actually feel good and no really strong cravings. 

QOTW: No real plan here.  I took classes the first time and feel like it was recent enough I don't need a repeat.  Last time I got to the hospital at 8cm and part of me now says "oh, yeah, I totally could have finished without the epi."  But then the rational part kicks in, and I remember the epi was awesome and allowed me to have a wonder birth experience.  I never intended to go med-free, so I see no reason to not do that again. 
    IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"