Multiples

C-section MoMs...

If you made it to you section date, when was it scheduled? I saw my OB today and she said my MFM may say to schedule it for 38 or even 39 weeks (I see him next week and will ask). I was shocked. Not by 38 weeks, but 39 with a repeat c-section. I of course want them to stay in as long as possible but 39 weeks seems so long away. Ahhhh! Can I even hang in that long?

Re: C-section MoMs...

• My MFM won't let me go past 38 weeks (c-section or vaginally).  I have heard of some letting MOMs go longer though.

D & L are here at 34 weeks 4 days by vaginal and breech delivery on 11/19/2013
    Two healthy boys weighing 4 lbs 15 ozs and 4 lbs 5 ozs.  Only 6 days in the NICU and getting bigger, stronger and cuter every day! 
  • I was originally scheduled for 37 weeks. My OB usually does it at 38 weeks, but due to their size and mine, she was ok with 37 weeks. I ended up having my C section at 36 weeks bc my growth ultrasounds showed baby A's growth slowing down. Both born healthy with no NICU time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My obs said they won't let me go past 37w.
    "Everything will be alright in the end. So if it's not alright, it is not yet the end."
    Me:29 DH:29  TTC since 1/11 Dx: unexplained IF/early DOR/immune issues 
    Feb'12- July'12-testing(all clear minus slight arcuate ute), 3 IUI with clomid all BFN
    8/30IVF#1 Antagonist protocol- ER 9/11-8R, 7M, 5F. 
    ET 9/14 2 embies transferred. 1 10cell Grade 4, 1 8cell Grade 4. No frosties. BFN
    IVF#2 Antagonist protocol plus baby aspirin- ER 12/5-16R, 12M, 8F!
    ET 12/10 5dt! 1 fully expanded blast & 1 early blast. No frosties. BFN
    3/13 hysteroscopy & polypectomy, Consulted w Dr. Kwak-Kim.  
    DX: High NK cells, cytokines, DHEAs& PAI1;  hypothyroid, +APA, restricted bloodflow
    7/13 IVF#3 Long lupron protocol with PIO, Crinone, Prometrium, and vivelle
    (plus synthroid, metformin, baby asa, metanx, PNV, Vit E, D, calcium, fish oil, CoQ10, IVIg infusions and lovenox per Dr. Kwak-kim)
    ER 7/19 14R, 11M, 9F(4 natural fert, 5 with ICSI)
    ET 5dt 7/24 2 fully expanded blasts.  SURPRISE 3 FROSTIES!!!
    Beta #1 8/2 335!!!! Beta #2 829!!!  1st u/s 8/14 showed TWINS!!!!!
    11/11: TEAM PURPLE!!!!!
    3/21/14-L&W born at 37w via csection

Here Comes the Sun Blog
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • The original plan was to have the C at 38 weeks to the day.  (Turned out I had an emergency one at 34 weeks, 5 days).
    Having the best time ever as mom to Max and Emma, born April 6, 2013!

NYer by birth, I now call Buenos Aires home.

• OB would not have let me go past 38 weeks. I delivered at 33.2 weeks.
                         My fraternal twin boys. Born Sept 2013.
  • I was scheduled at 38 and 4 days. Right before I hit 37, my ob decided to c sec on 37 exact. I was showing signs of labor and we didn't want me to go into labor. Sure enough, I showed up in full on labor.
  • I wasn't allowed to go past 38 weeks. My c section was scheduled at 37wks5days b/c that's the day right before 38 weeks that my doctor was on call.
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • My OB said policy is 39 there. Then we both laughed bc I usually deliver singletons 34-37w lol we are aiming for at Least 34!!!
  • My OB said 37 weeks (mine was scheduled for 37 3/7) but I ended up going into labor at 36 2/7 and had my csection a few hours later!! Big healthy baby boys with no NICU!

imageimage

• I was induced at 38w1d, but had a c/s at 38w2d.  My OB said she didn't like twins going past 38 weeks.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Yup same here.  My MFM says 38 weeks and my OB says 39 weeks. My OB is open to earlier but says I would have to get an Amnio for earlier than 39 weeks.  I dont think the MFM will agree with this tho.  Don't get too discouraged tho because with twins they could come on their own at any time really!  So even if you cant schedule until 39 weeks you can hold on to hope that it may be more like 37!  lol
    Type 1 Diabetic, Hashimotos, RA. Its twins!!!!  EDD 1/6/2014 Di/di b/g twins.
  • Thanks ladies. I'm just trying to decide when to have my mom come into town. We're military so we have no family nearby. My sister is 4 hours away and has two kids of her own so she can't just come out and wait it out with me.

I'll see what my MFM says next week and go from there.

• Mine with be a Repeat c-section and we just scheduled it for 38weeks 5 days. It seems so far away!

4 Clomid cycles BFN's,3 injectible cycles BFN, 3 failed IUI's
    Hystroscopy to remove cysts 11/2010
    IVF #1 with ICSI Graydon Dane born Oct. 23, 2011 via c-section at 38 weeks.
    Surprise BFP 10/9/12. Blighted ovum at 8wks. D&C 11/1/12.
    Surprise BFP#2 TWINS!!! Boy/Girl twins.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • My OB wouldn't let me go past 38 weeks (c-section or vaginally) and my c section due to breech Baby A was scheduled for 37w6d because that's the latest time the hospital could schedule it for.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My OB schedules them for 38 weeks. 38 weeks for me was a Saturday and the following Monday was booked, so I had a c-section at 37w6d. I would have been induced at 39 weeks if they were in the right positions.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"