Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Labor indicators

Hello,
Besides the normal indicators did anyone have any signs that were different either a couple days/weeks or right before labour?

I'm 36 weeks and feel like I've come down with the stomach flu. Diahrea and nauseous. Also have been getting heart burn which I never did before.

I'm starting to get anxiety about labour. Excited for the baby but nervous for the whole process

Re: Labor indicators

• Options
    Heartburn is common in late pregnancy. If you think you are coming down with the flu, its probably the flu. Not everything is pregnancy/labor related.

• Options
    I did get diarrhea before I went into labor. Everything I ate immediately came back out and I started noticing the "bloody show" everytime I went to the bathroom. My contractions started the next day and got close enough to go to the hospital 3 days later.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had no change in symptoms leading up to labor. DS was breech, so when I hit 36W4D, we scheduled our C section for 39W2D. As soon as we scheduled the date, I got a feeling in my gut that I wouldn't make it to that day. Sure enough, my water broke at 36W6D. No BH or any other tell tale symptoms leading up to.
  • Options
    I'm Thanks everyone. Do I need to call my doctor to inform I have the flu or is it something they don't really need to know?
  • Options
    Thanks everyone *
  • Options
    No changes. No dilated cervix. Nothing. haha. But everyone is different. Get rest though :)
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Call to let them know you might have the flu. The only clue I had before going into labor was when I visited my mom. Her dogs would not leave me alone and followed me everywhere the day before I went into labor. I was 40 weeks and 1 day, though. Good luck and feel better!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Agreed, doesn't hurt to call Dr & let them know. They'll most likely say to rest & stay hydrated (a good idea anyway toward the end of your preg), and to call back if things get worse, or if you get other signs of labor. 

As far as the labor anxiety, try not to stress it! Thinking about it is typically a lot more torturous than the actual process. GL!
    DD #1 4 years old (09/22/09)
    DD #2 2 years old (08/17/11)
    DD #3 born 08/29/13

• Options
    I started having very light and random menstrual like cramping 2 weeks before
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers.
    image image image. image
  • Options
    One person's labor has zero to do with yours. Relax. It will happen when it happens
  • Options
    Um..the only indicator I had before I was in active labor was just feeling restless (but not nesting restless) and my contractions getting closer together and hurting more frequently than not. I didn't get nauseous, didn't get diarrhea, didn't get anything really. Mostly I was just uncomfortable but not like throughout the rest of my pregnancy where sitting down or laying down made me feel better. 
    Married 12.20.2010
    BFP#1: 11.22.2012 EDD: 7.22.2013 DS Born 7.24.2013
    BFP#2: 11.26.2014 EDD: 7.25.2015 *chemical confirmed 12.08.14*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"