TTC after 35

Weekly Check-In

If you are new and haven't done a formal intro on the board please do that before posting here!

1. Your Name or Screen Name ( not full names)  and State you are from

2.   How long have you been TTC? 

3.  Where are you in your cycle? If in the 2ww  when will you test? ( Waiting to O, 2WW etc)

4.  How do you feel about this cycle? (Are you hopeful, anxious... etc)

QOTW:
What is your favorite Halloween candy?
***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
- poor responder
***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
FET 5/20- BFP
1st Beta- 641
2nd beta- 2166
Sono- TWINS!!!!
Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

Re: Weekly Check-In

• If you are new and haven't done a formal intro on the board please do that before posting here!

1. KSGSMU ( Katy from Texas)

2.   How long have you been TTC?  16 long months ( 3 since my loss)

3.  14dpo and a BFN this morning.  Gonna stop my progesterone supps and wait for AF now :(

4.  Defeated

QOTW:
    What is your favorite Halloween candy? Mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cups

- poor responder
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!

• 1. Liz from Long Island.

2. 8 years of not trying not preventing and 11 months of active trying. 1 MC during active trying.

3. I got very discouraged this cycle so I didn't pay attention to when I O'd. But AF is due on the 31st.

4. Not feeling good about this cycle. I only have one more and I'm done for good. I guess next cycle I have to time things right. Problem is my husband is not at all into it so getting him to have sex a few times a week is impossible.

QOTW: I love 100 Grand bars and skittles. I will be searching the kids bags for them.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Loading the player...
  • Sunni01Sunni01 member
    edited October 2013
    1. Your Name or Screen Name ( not full names) and State you are from. Sunni01, So Cal

2. How long have you been TTC? Almost 2 yrs (actively)

3. Where are you in your cycle? If in the 2ww when will you test? ( Waiting to O, 2WW etc) dreaded tww. In the home stretch. Beta 10/28 (FX'd)

4. How do you feel about this cycle? (Are you hopeful, anxious... etc) I am optimistic and still very anxious. I am praying that if this is a BFP, this time this little one sticks.

QOTW: What is your favorite Halloween candy? Old School Candy I used to love, I am vegan now so no candy for me, but Bit-O-Honey/ Chick O Stix.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Me-39, HSG 2/13- clear. DS-IUI #1-3/13,300iu Menopur 12 days,3 days Cetrotide, Ovidrel Trigger-BFN. IUI #2 06/13, BFP EDD: 02/22/14 m/c (cp), IUI #3- BFP EDD: 5/17/14 m/c 09/13. Blood work/RPL panel- nk cell/MTHFR mutation- negative. Blood work all good. Unexplained reason for m/c. IUI #4 BFP m/c (cp) 10/13. IUI #5- 12/13 Cancelled. No response. (1)follicle. IUI #5.1- 2/14. IVF Bound

********************SAIF/ PAIF/ ALL ARE WELCOME***********************
  • BeckyP005BeckyP005 member
    edited October 2013

Hi ladies.

@ksgsmu {{HUGS}}

@hooligans4 I really hope this next cycle is the one. GL. Your kids are beautiful :)

@sunni01 Eeek! Few more days...good luck!

1.Becky from Pittsburgh

2. Been waiting a very long time just to cycle. (2.5 years) Few delays on the way.

3. Just got a call that the other couple who was looking at our donor is taking her. She is doing a FET which works out beautifully for me in that we have one less person to synch with. Estimated transfer for me is week of December 10th :) Just waiting for AF now.

4. Nervous

QOTW: Kit Kats and Snickers! Maybe Hershey bars too :)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• @BeckyP005 so happy to hear the other couple picked the donor. I will be praying for you and FX for your transfer in December.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• @Beckyp005 I'm glad the ball is rolling in you direction finally.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Me-39, HSG 2/13- clear. DS-IUI #1-3/13,300iu Menopur 12 days,3 days Cetrotide, Ovidrel Trigger-BFN. IUI #2 06/13, BFP EDD: 02/22/14 m/c (cp), IUI #3- BFP EDD: 5/17/14 m/c 09/13. Blood work/RPL panel- nk cell/MTHFR mutation- negative. Blood work all good. Unexplained reason for m/c. IUI #4 BFP m/c (cp) 10/13. IUI #5- 12/13 Cancelled. No response. (1)follicle. IUI #5.1- 2/14. IVF Bound

********************SAIF/ PAIF/ ALL ARE WELCOME***********************
  • 1) Kate in NZ
    2) TTC #3 for 2 cycles since I got my period back (we wanted to TTC in March) after DD2 was born.
    3) In the 2WW
    4) Not especially hopeful. Pretty sure I ovulated later than usual, and because of DH being out of town and us both being sick and grumpy, we didn't have sex at the optimal time.

QOTW not sure if my candy preferences are relevant to the US market, but have recently fallen in love with Hazelnut snickers.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• @sunni01 Wish I had your discipline! DH and I regularly talk about going full vegan but just haven't been able to commit (like to giving up candy!). So, we'll just remain flexi-veggies :) I enjoy lurking on some of the other boards that occasionally have good discussions about raising veggie babies.

mindaa in Phoenix

2.   21 months not preventing... about a year actively TTC #1

3.  Waiting to O

4.  My not TTC-related life has been good this week, some welcome distractions. And last month's cycle was the passing of a few (self-imposed, not medical) deadlines, which was rough but pretty liberating  - now I feel like I have a whole new year in front of me, so this week I'm feeling pretty indifferent about TTC, yay! 

QOTW:
    All of the above! I enjoy candy corn this time of year. Snicker's and Reese's PB Cups are my perennial favs :)@Kate, hazelnut snickers sound yummy!
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• @sunni01

praying for a very sticky baby!  Keep us posted!

BeckyP005
    Rooting for you!  You have the patience of  Job!  So excited to see things moving along!!

- poor responder
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!

• 1. Rachel from NoCal.

2.  about 4 months since my m/c. Getting more serious about it this last month.

3.  2WW. About 4 more days til AF. Not taking a test til I feel real symptoms or AF is late by a few days.

4.  Feeling sort of all over the place. Mostly just trying not to obsess.

QOTW: Snickers. All the way. When I was little, we measured our take in how many snickers bars we got. Nothing else even counted. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. Your Name or Screen Name ( not full names)  and State you are from Jennifer from Texas

2.   How long have you been TTC?  TTC#2 for a year--with one miscarriage in the mix.

3.  Where are you in your cycle? If in the 2ww  when will you test? ( Waiting to O, 2WW etc) Today is CD 1. Boo. Last cycle I was convinced I was pregnant. Nope.

4.  How do you feel about this cycle? (Are you hopeful, anxious... etc) I'm not sure. We're in the beginnings of 2IF testing. I did 7DPO blood work last Saturday. I got the results today. All my numbers look good: My TSH was 1.3; My AMH was 1.56; My progesterone was 16.38; My prolactin was 2.6. I've scheduled a HSG for next week as well as a SA for MH.  We're headed toward an RE if further testing is needed (my OBGYN scheduled these basic tests, and said to wait to get to the RE for CD 3 labs if needed.)  I took an OTC pee test to check FSH a couple of cycles ago. It looked good too.  Hopefully we'll get some answers over the next few weeks.

QOTW: Reese's peanut butter cups. M&Ms. Okay, pretty much any chocolate.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Me: 37--Thyroid Cancer survivor. H:38. DS born 6/22/2011; BFP#2--11/5/12--Missed miscarriage discovered 12/21/2012.  BFP#3--5/20/14--another MMC 6/16/14.
  • Scruffy10Scruffy10 member
    edited October 2013
    Scruffy10, New York 5 months, with one chemical pregnancy... 2WW, 3dpo, thinking of testing on Nov. 8 just because of the CP I want to wait a bit longer... Anxious, this would be the first cycle after our chemical pregnancy that I've ovulated (I didn't ovulate the month following) we also had "prefect timing." I'm very anxious that I'll get BFP and then another CP... Payday candy bars
  • 1. Your Name or Screen Name ( not full names) and State you are from. Heather NJ

2. How long have you been TTC?  2+ years

3. Where are you in your cycle? If in the 2ww when will you test? ( Waiting to O, 2WW etc) waiting to O

4. How do you feel about this cycle? (Are you hopeful, anxious... etc) No feelings about it yet, but i think i have 2 more cycles before DH puts the hammer down.

QOTW: What is your favorite Halloween candy? Is it sweet? IS it chocolate than yes :) (although I do love candy corn).

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• I just did an intro in my own post, but I'll do this too.
    1. Your Name or Screen Name ( not full names) and State you are from. - Skye from Maine

2. How long have you been TTC? - one year

3. Where are you in your cycle? If in the 2ww when will you test? ( Waiting to O, 2WW etc) - 2WW - CD 28 not sure if I'll be testing - I'll give it a day or two to see what this spotting is

4. How do you feel about this cycle? (Are you hopeful, anxious... etc). -
    I guess I'm always hopeful..... But unsure with this spotting (see my intro)

QOTW:
    What is your favorite Halloween candy?
    Hmmmmmm..... I guess Laffy Taffy.
    Me: 37
    MH: 37
    Married for 6 1/2 years (in nursing school for first five)
    TTC since 10/2012
    HSG in April, 2013 - clear
    August, 2013 - started Clomid 50mg - day 23 labs were optimal - BFN
    September, 2013 - repeated Clomid 50mg - BFN
    October, 2013 - upped Clomid to 100mg - BFN
    November, 2013 - Repeating Clomid 100mg - BFN
    December, 2013 - Started Letrozole 2.5mg - BFN (but excellent progesterone levels!)
    January, 2014 - Repeated Letrozole 2.5mg - even better progesterone levels!! - 1/27/14 - BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

imageimageimage

Our miracle, Jane Lauren, born 9/14/14, 5lbs, 5oz, 19" long.
  • Hello,

Ruby from Portland, Oregon

2.   How long have you been TTC?  

9 years not preventing. MC... 2 weeks actively trying.

3.  Where are you in your cycle? If in the 2ww  when will you test? ( Waiting to O, 2WW etc)

2ww

4.  How do you feel about this cycle? (Are you hopeful, anxious... etc)

I am hesitantly hopeful.

I am not a big candy eater until Halloween... than its on... I love mini candy.

***TTCAL January siggy challenge ***
  • 1. Holly from Oregon

2. 14th cycle, 13 months

3. Day 2

4. This cycle is a guaranteed no- as I have to go in for a hysteroscopy with likely polypectomy next week. :P A good friend of mine had this procedure (but was more for endo) in Sept & just got a BFP last week, their first cycle after! I am sorta hoping this might lead to me not needing IVF. But I'm just nervous about the procedure, as I've never had anesthesia before. I'm an RN who works some shifts in PACU, so I have cared for quite a few pts post-hysteroscopy, so I know it's not usually too bad, but I also know how complications can go. And the cherry on top- had my first mammogram a week and a half ago, they want me to come in for additional imaging & an ultrasound this week. I'm just done with this whole "womanhood" thing at this point. :(

QOTW:
    What is your favorite Halloween candy? Butterfingers!! Yum. But I also really like the little peppermint patties. Frozen.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. Your Name or Screen Name ( not full names)  and State you are from: Meg from Mass.

2.   How long have you been TTC?  Since Mar 2012 w a 3 month break when I took a job last summer

3.  Where are you in your cycle? If in the 2ww  when will you test? ( Waiting to O, 2WW etc) Just got BFN on 3rd Clomid+Ovidrel Shot+TI+IUI.  Need to take this cycle off to get all hormones out of system, then starting IVF.

4.  How do you feel about this cycle? (Are you hopeful, anxious... etc) : hopeful that this month DH and I will have success on our own but not yet Day 1 (dr's office does blood preg test 14 days post iui).  And anxious - if this doesn't work, then IVF...

QOTW:
    What is your favorite Halloween candy?  Not really a big candy fan... but I guess if I had to say, it would be those pretzel m&ms.
    ***signature/ticker warning***
    Me:37 DH:39
    TTC#1 since 3/2012

Diagnosis : Unexplained Infertility

3 BFN rounds Clomid + IUI
    IVF 1 - BFN, 1 Frozen
    IVF 2 - BFN, 5 Frozen
    FET 1 - BFP!!! EDD 1/24/15 Beta 1: 700, Beta 2: 2,156; 1st U/S 6w3d: HB 118bpm, 2nd U/S 9w3d: HB 171bpm

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1.) Riley from Washington

2.) TTC #2 on our own for 12mos

3.) In the 2ww.  IUI on Oct 19th.  Beta on Monday, Nov 4th.  I know I will break and test at home that weekend though.

4.) I flip-flop back and forth.  My follies weren't "ideal", my lining wasn't "ideal", the timing of the IUI was for sure not "ideal" so I have all of that against me but I have a nagging feeling that this is really happening.

Hands down the best Halloween candy is:  Reese's PB pumpkins.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"