Trouble TTC

Re-intro

Hi all! I was posting on this board for a brief period of time several months ago while we underwent IUI cycles. Unfortunately after the 3rd IUI BFN I was in a very bad place and had to take a step back from everything for a while. We took a few months' break to clear our heads and just met with our RE again this past Monday to go over the treatment cycles and get a plan going forward. According to the RE, everything in our past cycles looked great, and so far there is no clear explanation for why we haven't been successful. Our next steps he presented to us are either lap surgery and 3 more IUI's of the same protocol as before (femara), or on to IVF. We are going to take a treatment break until January so we have time to think things over, but I think in the meantime I will look into getting a 2nd opinion, since we are unexplained so far.

That's where I am at in a nutshell. I am a CPA married to an accountant, and I am running my 2nd half marathon in 3 weeks. Running is like therapy to me right now. :) Thanks for reading!

Me: 29 DH: 30
TTC since April 2012
April 2013 HSG: All clear!
SA, bloodwork normal
Dx: unexplained IF
4.28.2013: clomid 50 mg + trigger + IUI#1= BFN
5.24.2013: femara 5 mg + trigger + IUI#2= BFN
6.20.2013: femara 5 mg + trigger + IUI#3= BFN

Re: Re-intro

• Hi & welcome. Good luck figuring out your next step. We hit the same fork in the road (lap + more IUIs vs. IVF). We ended up doing the lap, found nothing significant, so moved onto IVF (after a failed inject cycle). I'm a runner too :) Though it is not possible to run while doing IVF. It feels like my soul got ripped out of my body. I can't wait to run again!!!
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • @RunCC37 thanks for the welcome. Did you run through your other treatments prior to IVF? I took a break earlier this year and came to really regret it. I basically had to start from scratch training for this half.  Best of luck to you.

TTC since April 2012
    SA, bloodwork normal

• Loading the player...
  • @1983lindsey thanks so much for your comments. I am glad you had a good experience getting a 2nd opinion. I have been wavering on this but I feel in my gut it is the right thing to do before we pull out the big guns. We are leaning towards IVF as our next step, but want to give ourselves a little more time to come to terms with it, and also want to wait so we can put some $ into our FSA's to help with the costs next year. Good luck to you :)

TTC since April 2012
    SA, bloodwork normal

• Welcome back. We are just starting IUI #1 but I faced the decision of the Lap too. I decided to go ahead with it because I wanted to know. They found Stage II endo but we still don't have an answer so we are still unexplained. We are planning to go ahead with 3 IUI's and then move on to IVF. We haven't thought past that. Good luck to you!!
    Me 29 DH 30 Unexplained IF TTC since wedding May 2012. IUI #1 11/5/13-BFN.  IUI #2 12/5/13-BFN. IUI #3-12/30/14. All three with Femara CD 3-7 and Ovidrel trigger. +HPT 1/13/14 First +ever!!! Beta #1 195 Beta #2 1/15-533. Ultrasound on 2/4 showed one bean. EDD 9/22/14. Team Green turned Team Blue-Baby Conner arrived on 9/19/14.

• @jenschultz85 thank you for telling me about your experience. These are tough decisions that we are all forced to make. Good luck with your iui!

TTC since April 2012
    SA, bloodwork normal

• @RunCC37 thanks for the welcome. Did you run through your other treatments prior to IVF? I took a break earlier this year and came to really regret it. I basically had to start from scratch training for this half.  Best of luck to you.

I did the best I could through my IUI cycles. I was always a high responder to the clomid (at least 3-5 mature follicles each time), so around O time, I would feel too bloated or uncomfortable to run. I would take at least 5 days off, and even when I was running it was nowhere near what I wanted to be doing (no long runs, hill repeats, interval training... everything was just a short easy run). 

I tried to train hard during the cycle when I had my laparoscopy & hysteroscopy. I figured my ovaries wouldn't be in overdrive, so there was no risk of an ovarian torsion. Well, I ended up overtraining in the two weeks before my surgery because I was stubborn. After my surgery, I was bloated for two weeks and finally came to the realization that I can't expect my body to just snap back to it. Ugh. After that, I started focusing on doing the C25K with my puppy to get him in running shape. It was very hard to scale it back to walk/run status. Then I just went through IVF, and was told no running after ET. I started to feel full and bloated a few days before ER so I stopped then.
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"