LGBT Parenting
Options

oy,... in home insem.. worked?

Hey ya'll .. so new to this but just looking for some advice and help and ... support 
( i also posted this on another board - oops)

According to the way a doctor would look at the time frame i am 4 weeks pregnant... i have swollen and tenders breasts,.. i have cramping.. and i had implantation bleeding (that almost cant even tell it was there if you know you werent looking for it) last week on the 17th.  My partner and i have been ttc for a year and we do in home insemination so the trying has been grueling. I am currently 16dpo and received my first BFP  on the 17th. . . it was so faint i ran out and bought the first response pregnancy tests to double check.. and sure enough the line was faint but that lidda guy was there!.. So .. i ran out and bought up the rest of the tests walmart had (like a lidda freak).. the line get darker all the way up to the 19th, then on the 20th i watched the line decrease all the way into the 21st... i am a military spouse so i had to go on base to get a urine test done to be able to get an OB off base... and off course because i had watched the line dwindle away i knew it wouldnt show up on their tests (although the test i took in the morning of the 21st was a very faint line- BUT IT WAS THERE) ... They gave me a BFN... Now let me just express i took more then 13 HPT and each one of them were BFP - ALL OF THEM.. and i go to the base doctor and they gave me a BFN. 
I lost my MIND and cried all day.. i now refuse to test again because i feel like i have my hopes up, but i seriously cannot explain how i got more then 13 BFP... and their test showed me a negative.. If anything my symptoms are only getting stronger.. im exhausted and that has gradually started today more then most days and my breasts are KILLING me.. oh dont forget the mild.. mild constipation .. and the abdominal cramps and the nausea has started today.. no matter what i eat.. it makes me feel queezy. Im trying to be positive that this isnt a Chemical pregnancy because even though it appears that lidda guy isnt there according to base, i still have not bled in any way. No spotting no nothing, just irritating cramps and so on and so forth.. i just want to know that im not alone.. Im SO scared   I have provided one of the best pictures i had of the test.. its my proudest photo, it might be my lidda gummy bear... <3   I just hope that this little bear stays RIGHT where it is and grows and grows
Married My Wife 05/24/13
Been together 5 years
#1 IUI (2vile) February 2013 = BFN
#2 IUI (2Vile) June 2013 = BFN
#3 IUI (2Vile) October 2013 = BFN

Re: oy,... in home insem.. worked?

• Options
    good luck *hugs* we did at home too so I can understand how gruelling it can be. give it a couple more days then test again, maybe?
  • Options
    im thinking that we'll wait till sunday :,(  I am trying not to get my hopes up. 
    we think we got pregnant our first time but had a chemical pregnancy because it was just so intense, and all of these other insem have been hard seeing AF show up with a box of tissues and my favorite movie... so im not looking forward to seeing if she shows up again, because im secretly convinced im pregnant... that there is a little gummy bear here just growing away! 

But my heart aches because i just wanna know, but im too scared to take another test and it be a BFN ..My partner is being a champ for me though.. my rock. :)  

Did you guys get pregnant or are you still ttc? 
    Married My Wife 05/24/13
    Been together 5 years

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am very grateful to. be pregnant. I am hoping with you that you are too! I will keep my fingers crossed for you and think positive thoughts :-) I hope your lil sticky bear is there!
  • Options
    thank you.
    Married My Wife 05/24/13
    Been together 5 years

• Options
    Ugh... TTC can be such a mind f*. You should see the HPT lines getting darker if this is a viable pregnancy.... otherwise this could be another CP.  Fingers crossed for you that it isn't.  Nothing to do now but wait for AF or take another HPT and see if it is getting darker.  Best of luck.  
    Same sex couple, Married 8/6/11
    Baby Oliver born 11/27/13

TTC stats with donor sperm...
    IUI #1 with trigger, 1/4/13 - BFN
    IUI #2 with trigger, 2/1/13 BFN
    IUI #3 with tigger, 2/28/12 BFP EDD 11/21/13
  • Options
    mwagner25 said:
     You should see the HPT lines getting darker if this is a viable pregnancy.... otherwise this could be another CP.  Fingers crossed for you that it isn't.
    This.

Was your pg test with the doctor blood or urine?  If it was urine, just positive/negative, it could have been less sensitive than an early HPT.  If it was blood, it should have given you a quantitative number, and if you take several blood tests, you can tell if your numbers are rising and how quickly, which can also help pinpoint what is going on.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This. (I agree with @ball.and.chain) That would be my suggestion. If the doctor did not give you a blood test I would ask for one. They can look at your beta numbers! Good luck!

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

• Options
    Yes, what others have said.  I think if they do a urine test at the doctor's it's not very sensitive - at least not nearly as sensitive as the FRER.  Just keep testing and see if the line gets darker or lighter each day.  FX this is it!!!!
  • Options
    i was refused a blood test until i have two negative pee tests without a period. :/

We think that we may have expeirenced a CP :'(  ... woke up to some red spotting when i tinkle so now im just waiting to see it get worse. :(   I tried keeping my nerves down and i tried to maintain a healthy mind and body so that i didnt stress the gummy out.. but to no avail :(  
    I was hopeful last night because i just had little cramps.. just like i've had all week... and this morning i saw the spotting .. its extremely discouraging. 

We're going to try again in December or January :(   I wish you guys all the best luck in the world with your little babies! :) 
    Married My Wife 05/24/13
    Been together 5 years

• Options
    So.. if this is AF.. she made the smallest appearence ever.. spotting this morning and the cramps have died down and its hardly anything when i pee.. the H is happening right now :,(  I dont wanna get my hopes up - but.. could this be implantation and NOT have been 10/17 & 10/18?!

im a mess.. i cant figure this out! :( I ate pancakes and eggs for breakfast.. and it made my stomach turn.. Sunny D.. made my tummy turn too! I cant win right now and it hurts because i just wish i could either GET AF or know if im pregnant.. because this is just hurts my heart! I told the people who knew that i could be pregnant that i got AF.. and now im not so sure.. I feel like the dumbest person on the planet!
    Married My Wife 05/24/13
    Been together 5 years

• Options
    I went thru the same feelings sometimes while ttc. you feel like you dont know what the hell your body is doing and its super stressful. dont feel stupid, we all went thru that at some point! I hope its implantation and keeping my fingers crossed f or you!
  • Options
    Oh sweetie... spotting can be normal in early pregnancy. But if you already had a positive HPT this cycle then this is not implantation bleeding. And you should still see a positive everyday after the first positive test you had and they should be getting darker. 1 in 4 pregnancies end in a chemical preg or miscarriage. Usually early CP is due to a chromosome abnormality from when the egg and sperm met up. As much as it sucks to have one, your body is smart enough to know that it wouldn't make a viable baby so it doesn't stick like a healthy little bundle of cells would. Hang in there.
    Same sex couple, Married 8/6/11
    Baby Oliver born 11/27/13

TTC stats with donor sperm...
    IUI #1 with trigger, 1/4/13 - BFN
    IUI #2 with trigger, 2/1/13 BFN
    IUI #3 with tigger, 2/28/12 BFP EDD 11/21/13
  • Options
    I know how you are feeling...the TWW can be so stressful and you are so hopeful you just want every sign to be evidence that you are pregnant. Hopefully you'll be able to have a definite answer soon. Sounds like a chemical pregnancy or a false positive to me. Hang in there and sending you lots of good vibes!

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"