September 2013 Moms

Insanely jealous

This is nothing but a gripe post. I'm sorry in advance. I'm exhausted and emotional.. I'm insanely jealous of the bedtime routine posts I am reading that Los are sleeping anything more than 2 hours at any given time. And 4+?? You've got to be kidding me. And for those Los who love the rnp. Not this one. She'll sleep the longest on me, which I can not keep doing, she's sliding off of me, or in a vibrating bouncer that somebody that obviously doesn't have children designed to shut off after 30 minutes. My lo is 5 weeks and has been nursing at least every 2 hours the whole time. And she's not quick about it. 30 minutes then 10+ to rock her to sleep and throw in a diaper change or 2 and I might get 60-90 minutes sleep. Oh and throw in a few pumping sessions. The only time she sleeps longer is when we're driving and that went out the window last week. She hates the car seat now. I'm searching desperately for the light at the end of the tunnel but all I can see is the 6 week growth spurt coming. I don't know how it can be worse. So sorry. I'm not a happy camper. I love my sweet girl but man I'd love a break.

Re: Insanely jealous

• I understand where you're coming from. My little doesn't always sleep for long hours, she has her days. I take advantage of those days because they're golden! I use to cry a lot and would get frustrated easily because of the lack of sleep. It gets easier just hang in there. Try to sleep whenever possible and if you have someone around try to take a walk by yourself that helped me a lot. You're doing great, keep in mind every baby is different I'm sure your little one will get a sleeping pattern soon.
  • My LO doesn't sleep more then two hours if lucky. I feel like a walking zombie in the middle of the night. I catch my head bobbing asleep while feeding him. Can't come soon enough... More sleep that is.
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO started sleeping much better and for longer periods after her 6 week growth spurt. Hang in there, she was just like your LO before

• I feel your pain!!! I actually logged in tonight to post something very similar. Your schedule is so similar to mine. My LO is 4 weeks and only sleeps 1.5-2 hours at a time. I'm exhausted too! And I'm so confused about her sleeping amount... is this normal for a 4-week old baby? Or should she be sleeping longer stretches by now? Hopefully things will improve for us! 
  • In right there with you. My LO hates sleep. She fights it at all costs. Hates the car, hates the swing, will only sleep on me. She's two months. My DS was not like this at all.
  • I can't read the sleep posts. Lol I am happy for them, but makes me realize I could sleep. My LO feeds every 2 hrs... On a good night 3 hrs. He has to be upright for at least 30 min (usually an hr) and when I put him down, he usually has a reflux attack. :/ sorry mama! You are not alone!!
  • If it makes you feel any better: my LO is in her 6 week growth spurt and cant get enough sleep. She eats A LOT more, fusses and then passes out for 4-5 hours. Maybe yours will be the same. Hang in there. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • My DD is 1 month old and eats every 2 hours and takes nearly an hour per feeding. She'll sleep for about an hour in her pack and play at a time overnight and during the day she wants to be held to nap. She won't sleep in swing or vibrating seat. I asked the doctor and she said it's perfectly normal at this age, but I am also jealous of babies that sleep a few hours at a time!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• I don't know if you've seen them, but there are these things that vibrate (they're shaped like a paddle or something) and you can stick them under the crib mattress, behind the fabric of the RnP or PnP or wherever and they sort of make the sleeping arrangements mimic vibrating chairs. They may be worth a try! Here's a link:

• My little guy started sleeping much better after 6 weeks. Hang in there!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I understand... I'm VERY jealous of the weight loss posts. They seriously bother me! I was 125 pre-pregnancy and got up to 184 at the end. (Mind you I could barely eat and was unable to workout with the severity of my reflux throughout my entire pregnancy) I'm down to 154 now, but I have been since 2 weeks pp. I'm even EBF and still haven't lost anything since then! None of my pre-preg clothes fit. Not even my t-shirts or underwear.

I can't say much to getting sleep though. I blame myself for not being able to nap during the day and having insomnia at night anyways.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't open the sleep posts. My LO had her first 4hr stretch at 6wks and has had maybe 1 more in the last 2wks. She sleeps on me every night too, because I've been too tired to deal with trying to get her in the crib and soothing her every half he that she'd wake up at first. One day at a time.. We can do it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm there too. He's 7 weeks and has only slept more than 2 hours at a time a couple of times. I'm so F'ing tired and sick or hearing people woo hoo about their 6 hours of sleep. 
  • I completely understand. I am so lucky this go round to have LO sleeping 4-5 hours for his first stretch of night sleep. But I feel I earned it. DS1 slept 5 hours for the first time at TEN MONTHS. And he didn't do it again till 12 months. Then he went back to waking to comfort nurse every 2 hours at 12 months.
    So don't worry, there's hope yet. Even if it takes having another baby ;)
  • I could have written this.

We get 20 minutes at best during the day, unless out and about.  She will continue sleeping but requires lots of soothing.  So an hour long nap requires me to go in and calm her down about 3-4 times.  I usually give up and just sit and rock her until she wakes up.

It's the same at night.  We always give up and have her sleep on DH (I can't stand the grunting, I just lay there awake).  She still wakes up every 15-20 minutes but at least we don't have to get up.

Also if I had a LO sleeping for hours at a time, I wouldn't waste my time posting about it, I'd freakin go sleep myself!

• Definitely not alone girl! I'm exhausted too...My LO had a couple decent nights weeks ago and now we have been fighting to get her down and to sleep at night. Last night she napped from 8-845 and then was up until 230. The night before she was up until 4 am until I finally just brought to bed with me. Hang in there! I keep telling myself every day is new and it might get better. The only place she seems to really sleep ok is in bed with me...but my husband really dislikes it. Have you considered or are bed sharing? Perhaps she wants/needs to know you are close so you can at least get a nap in.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"