LGBT Parenting
Options

Ten Things Tuesday!

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

Please share with us your TTT (Ten Things Tuesday) --- Ten things about anything your heart desires! :)

On your mark, get set, go!

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********

Re: Ten Things Tuesday!

• Options
    newmompeanutnewmompeanut member
    edited October 2013
    1.  I made molasses crinkles Sunday night and so far have eaten 27 of them.  I might have a problem.  They are just sooo good!

2.  N will be a garden gnome for Halloween and I'm making the costume.  I better get on that!

3. Yum.  Another cookie.  Someone need to take these away please!

4. B and I were going to have her niece and nephew sleepover at our new house on Friday, but now they have a birthday party.  So we're going on a date!   

5.  B is planning the date and I can't wait!  She's so good at planning dates it's crazy.  I do hope we go to a haunted house though!

6. I didn't go to a haunted house last year because I was pregnant and couldn't imagine standing that much. 

7. A new girl from work and I are going out for pizza for lunch today.  I'm really excited because I don't have many friends in town anymore.  (All my college friends ended up moving away and I stayed.) I keep telling B that I'm making a new friend.  It's seriously making my day!

8. I never have ten thoughts.  Which is weird because I feel like I'm always thinking about 1000 things at once!

Hope everyone has a good day today!

• Options

1. So we went to my mom's in Boston over the weekend. It was my brother's bday on Saturday, and we had a party for him. It was a tough day. He had a seizure that morning and he was heavily medicated to get the seizure to stop, so he slept through the whole party. My mom struggled with it a lot. I kept looking over at her and she was just holding his hand or straightening his hair and crying. I think it is very likely this will be his last Bday. It was a bitter sweet day, but I am very glad that we did it and that my wife and I were there for it.

2. While we were at my mom's house, we told my sisters about our pregnancy. My youngest sister was pretty excited, but my middle sister didn't seem too thrilled. I pretty much expected that. She decidedly "does not like children" and so she cannot seem to find a way to get excited about a pregnancy. Period. I think she will come around over time. It hurts a little, but I am trying to just understand that is where she is in her life and not take it personally. This sister and I have struggled with our relationship over the years, but we have been in a much better place recently. I am not going to let her lack of enthusiasm over this pregnancy derail all the hard work we have done. I just need to be the bigger person and wait to see how she does when the baby is here...

3. Our trip this weekend was action packed and did not allow for much sleep. We hit lots of traffic and construction, so we were in the car for a looonnnngggg time. I feel like I am still going to be recovering from the whirlwind trip and lack of sleep for a couple more days. It was definitely worth it, but I am thinking I probably won't get back up there until Christmas.

4. My mother is ridiculously excited to be a Yiayia (Greek for grandmother). It's all she can talk about. Her excitement makes up for any lack of excitement from anyone else for now.

5. I need some new clothes. I am feeling mega bloated and everything just feels tight and uncomfy. I didn't think I would be ready for new clothes at only 8 weeks. Can I just wear sweatpants to work? Thanks.

6. Randomly on Sunday I thought of an onion bagel toasted with cream cheese, and it sounded heavenly to me. I have been obsessing over an onion bagel toasted with cream cheese since then, and yesterday I stopped at the grocery store on the way home and bought onion bagels. I ate a healthy breakfast this AM and have a healthy lunch packed for myself, so I am thinking of rewarding that behavior with an onion bagel toasted with cream cheese for dinner later. I am excited. I hope it tastes as amazing as I think it will.

7. I seem to have a headache brewing this morning. I haven't had a bad headache in over a month. I got them all the time from the meds I was on during my IVF cycle (and before that when I was on Femara), but they seemed to go away when I stopped all the meds (well except the PIO, but that doesn't seem to give me headaches). I am hoping that it is short-lived, but it feels like a rip-roaring headache might be headed my way...  

8. Soooo... I have no relationship with my father. The straw that broke the camels back (the back was really almost broken anyway) was when he decided at the last minute not to come to my wedding after over a year of planning to be there, and instead of telling me his decision, he wrote me a letter and mailed it to me 3 weeks before the wedding. I felt like it was cowardly and selfish, and it was the last disappointment that I needed from him to decide that I needed to take a step back from the relationship and take care of myself first. Anyway... long story short, I haven't talked to him in over a year, but I am thinking about writing him a letter in the next few weeks to tell him that I am pregnant. I feel like it is the right thing to do. I don't want a relationship with him at this point, but I also don't like the idea of him finding out that I am pregnant from an Aunt or a cousin who saw it on Facebook. Before we go public, I feel like I should send him a short letter to just let him know. But I am not sure. More thought is required on this one....

9. I am getting excited for the holiday season, I feel like it is approaching quickly now. Last night at the grocery store I got a whif of something cinnamon that reminded me of the holidays and it made me excited for baking and holiday meals with family, and shopping for presents, decorating the house, etc.

10. Well, it is 10am and I am already hungry for lunch. I guess it's going to be that kind of day...

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. Feeling super tired after less than 6 hours of sleep last night. Wishing I could join Kaden for a nap right about now.
    2. In the midst of packing to go to Tucson tonight to visit with my parents. I'm actually very excited!! 
    3. A little nervous about flying with Kaden alone (I think this is the first time it's just the two of us). He's so wiggly now and all he wants to do is run around and get into things. This age is hard since he's not yet under "voice control" but he has a lot of will and curiosity and the ability to motor himself around.
    4. My wardrobe is very shabby chic these days. Emphasis on the shabby... We'll see what I can put together. Lounge wear for chores around the house - check. Nice clothes for public consumption.... Ummmmm.
    5. I just know my Mom's going to go overboard with toys and clothes for Kaden...
    6. EV and I talked about doing a gender reveal cake for ourselves after our appointment on November 9th.
    7. My mind is drawing a blank....
    8. Okay back to packing & cleaning our house
    9. All the nursery pictures from last week inspired me to do a little more work on Kaden's room and it's starting to come together.
    10. We went to big baby/kid consignment fair this weekend and got lots of great jeans, pants and tops for Kaden. I can't believe he's in a 2T.  The pants are long mostly, but fit otherwise. It's gotta be those cloth diapers ;-)
  • Options
    1. If anyone needs evidence that progesterone causes pregnancy/PMS symptoms, I can tell you that I woke up this morning feeling bloaty, tired (despite a perfectly good night's sleep), crampy and a little nauseous...and we haven't even transferred the embryos yet.

2. That said, my bum is only a little bit sore from the PIO injections, so I am feeling good about that.

3. I'll be spending this weekend in Maine with my family, and I get a 3-day weekend because my transfer falls on Friday. Really looking forward to it, although I wish my wife was going to be there.

4. My office is having a pregnancy explosion. I don't know WTH is going on!

5. I am getting a lot done at work today, which is nice. Things have slowed down a bit so I've been able to catch up on some of my backlog.

6. Last week I was super motivated to eat well, work out, get things done around the house, etc. This week I just want to lie around and eat cookies. Can't decide if it is a mental thing or the progesterone is slowing me down.

7. I hope @2Mamaz's gut feeling about her next transfer is wrong.

8. My company just made some changes to the paid time off policy that may shorten my maternity leave, assuming I ever get far enough to need one. Bah!

9. I am afraid (provided I get pregnant, provided it sticks) that my OB will give me a lecture about my weight.

10. So tired. Want chocolate.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1. We are in the TWW and I am really trying not to think about it much
    2. I would really like to get knocked up this cycle and be able to share it with the family around the holidays
    3. I watch the most adorable 6 month old little boy.  He is starting to talk and makes the most sweet noises.  
    4. I also love that he takes a great nap in the morning for around 2 hours.  Most days I lay down too and take a nice little nap.  Its heavenly!!!
    5.We have a super busy and fun weekend planned.  Friday night I am babysitting another adorable baby, Saturday we have a Halloween/Ohio State Football party to attend and Sunday we are going to a Columbus Crew soccer game.
    6. Ohio State plays Penn State and this is a big deal in our house each year.  My wife is a huge Penn State fan and has been since high school.  So we always make fun bets and its fun to watch the game together and talk crap.
    7. The Columbus Crew is the local professional soccer team.  A friend of mine had extra VIP tickets for the game and invited us to go.  We will have seats on the field, VIP parking and a free tailgate with food and beer before the game.  I know my wife will be happy to partake in the beer :-(  The best part is that its all at no cost to us.  I love free!!
    8. The other funny part is the girl that invited us I met thru a mutual friend on facebook.  We have never met in person.  She is also a lesbian and recently got engaged.  I kept wanting to invite her to hang out, but I didn't want to be creepy and be like "hey you are a lesbian too, let's be friends"  haha  but it has worked with some of my other friends :-)
    9. I love that my mom is so excited about us TTC and hopefully having a baby soon.  She keeps offering to buy us stuff and is even excited for us to have foster kids.  She keeps telling everyone she is going to be a foster grandma, lol  She is such a dork, I love it!
    10. My wife is going back to school in January and she registered for classes.  I am super excited for her, but also stressed too.  She is going to have 3 online classes and only one on campus.  But its going to be almost every week night.  Which means she won't be a lot of help around the house or with the foster kids :-(  We will make it work though, we always do

Have a wonderful day everyone!
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Options
    1. Really happy that Z decided to do a little cooking last night so that I have a healthy lunch to eat. Haven't been up to cooking for the last few weeks.

2. I haven't had many emotional break downs during this pregnancy, but I kinda did last night. Z put up a couple of pics of me on FB in which I feel like I look ginormous and I got really upset. I explained that I wasn't upset with her, just feeling insecure and that I would like her to ask me before she posts photos. I'm so glad that my wife still thinks I'm beautiful and finds me attractive while I'm 9 months pregnant, but I'm human and can't help that I'm feeling a bit insecure.

3. Anybody else watch How I Met Your Mother? I don't find the show nearly as funny as I used to, but want to see him meet the mother already!

4. Why do some people not bother to RSVP? Drove me nuts when I was wedding planning and driving me nuts again for the wedding shower I'm throwing this weekend. I feel like people who don't RSVP must never have thrown an event that required an RSVP. Argh. It's not that hard!

5. Slept horribly last night - happens a few times a week now and makes work suck. Have I mentioned how jealous I am that HBM gets to stop working in Nov?

6. My boss' boss is super nice. He has premium parking in our very large parking lot and offers the spot to me when he's not here. He keeps asking me when I'm ready to take the spot from him permanently until my due date. I finally told him today that I would take him up on his offer and start parking there next week.

7. Still haven't heard back from dr's office regarding the insurance waiver for the birthing center. Argh.

8. I am sooooooo tired. :(

9.Shout outs: @KH826 - thanks for sharing your family stories. Your mom sounds like an incredibly strong person. @ball.and.chain and @2MamazinSeattle - I'm excited for both of you and keeping all my fingers and toes crossed that this is it for you.

10. Watcha looking for Bama?
  • Options
    @ATXMommas - I absolutely LOVE the "whatcha lookin for Bama" photo! I just laughed outloud when I read that caption and then scrolled down to see the photo! Priceless! :)

• Options
    I have missed TTT! Its my favorite to get to see what everyone is up to and how everyone is doing!

1. We are back from our about 2 month break from TTC and the bump. It was so nice but we really missed you all!
    2. We have been REALLY busy this fall. We went on a vacation in september that was wonderful but since we've come back its been brutal! Next week should end all the craziness and I am looking forward to just breathing for a while! :-)
    3. I watch my niece during the day and she just turned one in september. She is walking now and just today started getting into everything. So far she has climbed on the end table in the living room, ripped the crib guards off her crib, lifted and dumped the dogs water all over the kitchen and eaten paint. That being said I love her and am so happy to get to spend so much time with her, we are so lucky to be so close with my sister and her husband. 
    4. On sunday we are heading to Niagara Falls, NY and we are taking the "legal plunge" and getting legally married! We had our wedding a year ago but it isn't legal in ohio (where we live). When they made the federal considerations we decided now was the time for us to make it legal. We have some family coming with us and we'll get our certificate on monday and the ceremony will be tuesday. Even though we already had our wedding, I am excited to have our legal ceremony!
    5. A few weekends ago we went on a vacation with my family. My brother recently got engaged to a girl who doesn't really fit in to our family. She is not very nice and seems to not really want to get to know us. They are getting married next september and she has decided not to ask my sister and I to be in the wedding but my sister's husband and C are both going to be "groomsmen" and although I don't really want to be in the wedding it still hurts my feelings that we aren't even going to be asked. I am feeling very upset about the whole situation and I am really trying to be supportive of my brother but its not going well.
    6. October is turning into our month of anniversaries. Our wedding anniversary is on the 13th of October (one year), our dating anniversary is on October 30th, and our legal wedding anniversary will be on the 29th. We love fall!
    7. I really want to lay around and watch movies but we have been so crazy busy there has been zero relax time.
    8. We have started to sell things on ebay and I am a little obsessed...I really like it and I like watching the items get bids...makes me feel REALLY nerdy.
    9. I am really loving all the fall-ness that is happening...even though we are busy we have still been enjoying some of our fall stuff!
    10. It feels good to be back on the board and to be back with all of you!

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

• Options
    ATXmommas I love the pictures of Bama.  For two reasons, I grew up with a yellow Lab named Alex and I love that you are a football fan.  Our two dogs we have now are named Woody and Bo, after Woody Hayes and Bo Schembechler.  Here is a picture of them cuddling on the couch.

HSG 12/12/12        

It's a GIRL!

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Options
    @trisholio - I ADORE that picture! We have two cats and Bama and none of them cuddle with each other. :(
  • Options
    1. TTC related: I turned an opk glaringly positive today, which is good, but sucks because we did three ICI's at home last week and they won't be helpful. We did one yesterday, too, so hopefully that will be our lucky one. 

2. I'm hoping my temp rises in the next day or two to confirm O. 

3. Not TTC related: My Mom is very sick. She just got out of rehab (where she has been for 2 weeks after neck surgery) and was home for only a day before starting to get sick again. I went there Sunday to take her grocery shopping, but ended up going myself with her list because she was in pain. When I left on Sunday she was tired, but ok. 

4. Around 4am Monday morning I got a phone call from my Dad telling me they were rushing Mom to the hospital. She had aspirated vomit while sleeping (sorry if TMI) and now has a fever and infection. They can't find the source of the infection yet. Because of her past health issues, her immune system is in really bad shape. 

5. I talked to Mom last night and she was in okay shape. She was tired and having a tough time breathing, but stable. 

6. I saw 4 missed calls from my Dad this morning and when I finally talked to him, all he could say was "You have to get up here. You have to get up here." Apparently the hospital called my Dad to tell him that my Mom was having trouble breathing and was put on a machine called Bipap (i think) and that he needed to come to the hospital. Within the 20 minutes it took him to get there they had to put my mom on the ventilator because she was having flash pulmunary edema. Fluid in the lungs. 

7. When we got there she looked awful. She is sedated but alert when you talk to her. She is on a lot of meds and in soft restraints because she is fighting the tubes. I completely lost it. 

8. They transferred my Mom to another hospital and she will be in ICU until they can figure out where the infection is coming from. 

9. If you pray, all prayers and thoughts would be greatly appreciated. 

10. My Mom is my best friend and we could really use the positive energy and prayers. 

Sorry my TTT is a downer. I just needed to get it all out. 

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Options
    @Goalieswife - I am so very sorry to hear about the struggles that your mother is having. My brother sleeps with a BiPap machine every night because of chronic respiratory distress. Also, he tends to aspirate when he seizes, and he has been in ICU on a vent a number of times following those episodes (almost always with double pneumonia). At any rate, I can empathize with your situation, and I happen to know a bit about such things because of my brother. If you EVER need anyone to talk to about this, I am happy to lend an ear or a shoulder. Feel free to private message me anytime. I will be thinking of you and your family. Hugs!

• Options
    KH826 said:
    @Goalieswife - I am so very sorry to hear about the struggles that your mother is having. My brother sleeps with a BiPap machine every night because of chronic respiratory distress. Also, he tends to aspirate when he seizes, and he has been in ICU on a vent a number of times following those episodes (almost always with double pneumonia). At any rate, I can empathize with your situation, and I happen to know a bit about such things because of my brother. If you EVER need anyone to talk to about this, I am happy to lend an ear or a shoulder. Feel free to private message me anytime. I will be thinking of you and your family. Hugs!
    Thank you so much. I'm so sorry to hear about your Brother's struggles. Hugs back!

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN

• Options
    @GoaliesWife123 - I am so sorry to hear about your mother. One of the worst times in my life was when my father was in the ICU after his heart attack and triple bypass and everything was touch and go. You and your family are in my thoughts.
  • Options
    @GoaliesWife123, sending well wishes to you mom!  Please keep us all updated when you can.
  • Options

So sorry about your mom, @GoaliesWife123 - praying she gets better!!

I'd share ten thoughts but I'm too pooped to contribute much.  I slept poorly last night and now all I want to do is eat dinner and go to bed.  Hopefully I'll sleep better tonight.  I've got many big days ahead of me and I need to be running on full to get through them.

• Options
    I have missed TTT! Its my favorite to get to see what everyone is up to and how everyone is doing!

4. On sunday we are heading to Niagara Falls, NY and we are taking the "legal plunge" and getting legally married! We had our wedding a year ago but it isn't legal in ohio (where we live). When they made the federal considerations we decided now was the time for us to make it legal. We have some family coming with us and we'll get our certificate on monday and the ceremony will be tuesday. Even though we already had our wedding, I am excited to have our legal ceremony! 

That is awesome!!!  We got married in Niagara Falls two years ago.  It is really cool to have it be legal and then when you get the marriage license in the mail it becomes real all over again.  I am so excited for you both!  If you want any suggestions of where or need an officiant I am happy to help!!!
    HSG 12/12/12        

It's a GIRL!

• Options
    KH826 said:
    Thank you so much. I'm so sorry to hear about your Brother's struggles. Hugs back!
    Hugs to you both.  Dealing with family members having medical issues is so difficult and emotionally draining.  I will keep you both in my prayers and positive thoughts.
    HSG 12/12/12        

It's a GIRL!

• Options
    Thank you all. I'm so thankful for your friendships. 

• Options
    @TwoMomsinTX, I had a lunch "date" with a new coworker today too!  I completely agree with your question about how adults make friends?!  Sometimes I think I must be missing something!
  • Options

@KH826 - Sorry to hear of the struggles your brother had over the weekend.  It sounds like you are all a tight family and hopefully great support to each other through these times. 

@Goalieswife - Sorry to hear about your Mom.  I hope she improves every day and makes a full recovery.  I don't know that I would do without my Mom, so I can certainly appreciate how concerned you must be.

1.  C and I were watching a morning news show this morning, maybe Good Morning America?...anyway, it was big news that there may be a cure for baldness.  We both had the same reaction...REALLY????  I mean, come on...of all the issues in the world, this seems trivial.  I can't imagine the amount of money that has probably gone into this research.  There are so many other things that we think this money should go to first.  When cancer, HIV, AIDS, Alzheimer's, etc. are cured, then by all means, let's focus on baldness. 

2.  We have three dogs - two males and one female.  It seems as though the males have taken to peeing in the house in random spots.  I can smell it but I can't find it and it is driving me crazy.  I'm tired of shampooing the carpet :(.  Looks like that is what is on my agenda for tomorrow evening. 

3.  I'm exhausted today - hence why I will be shampooing tomorrow night and not tonight.

4.  The weather forecast says our snow/frozen mix is supposed to start tomorrow.  I can't believe it is that time of year already.

5.  Since it will be getting so cold now, we need to get our butts in gear and get our chimney cleaned out.  We have a woodstove and use this as our primary heat source during cold weather. 

6.  There is nothing I love more than heat from the woodstove in the winter.  It is such a dry heat and makes the house feel cozy, especially during those bitter cold days/nights.

7.  We are having tomato soup with grilled ham and cheese sandwiches for dinner.  That is one of my favorite dinners and C's too.  It is easy and tastes so good.

8.  My face has been breaking out so incredibly bad.  It started a slight bit before I started on Femara back in July.  Since then...my face has taken on a life of its own.  No matter what I do, I can't seem to stop it.  I haven't been eating well nor drinking enough water lately, so that probably isn't helping. 

9.  If I get a BFN in two weeks, we will be sitting out November to meet with the RE again and figure out whether we'll be moving forward with plan A, B or C next.  I feel like I might need a break from the fertility meds, so I'm really ok with this.

10.  When we were in the pre-TTC days, I wanted to do this as naturally as possible.  Mainly, meaning not using any fertility meds if possible.  That has not been a reality.  After having my blood work done, my RE said that one of my hormone levels (I can't remember what one) was lower than what he would prefer.  He said that if I had insisted on doing a natural cycle, he would have told me no and that it would have been a waste of money.  This has been my fourth month with Femara, and this time I added in Ovidrel.  I feel like my body needs a break. 

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Options

That is awesome!!!  We got married in Niagara Falls two years ago.  It is really cool to have it be legal and then when you get the marriage license in the mail it becomes real all over again.  I am so excited for you both!  If you want any suggestions of where or need an officiant I am happy to help!!!

Thanks! C's uncle is actually going to officiate. We just need to get a permit to do it in the park! I will certainly be calling on you if I have questions :-)

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

• Options

9- Ideas from the other TX ladies (or southern) for good weekend destinations around the state? From camping to city chic?

Austin, of course!  We also like to take the occasional trip to Fredericksburg (in the Hill Country) - it's a bed and breakfast type town with lots of wineries and cute stores.  Lots of outdoor locations (we're not big campers), but we've enjoyed day trips to Enchanted Rock and Perdernales Falls. When the weather is right, there are several beach towns - the only one I've been to (I'm not from Texas) is South Padre Island - my wife grew up in nearby Brownsville.  People also like Port Aransas and Galveston, which are closer to you (you're in Houston, right?).  Have fun!
  • Options
    it's still Tuesday so I thought I woveryuld join in. :-)
    1. I'm uber stressed because I. wasnt able to take a test for my licensure like i was supposed to today. they couldn't get the computer system to work. if I don't take and pass this by Halloween I can't practice until I get re approved.
    2. my dogs drive me crazy. my female is very dominant and tires to constantly control the boys.
    3. I need to clean the house. don't want to.
    4. because of various things going on in life I won't get to do much for Halloween, which is my favorite holiday. so I'm already planing next year's :-)
    5. we will be moving closer to my family as soon as we find a house. yay!!!!
    6. I spent an awesome weekend with 2 of my godddaughters and my lil brother. it was great.
    7. Halloween parade next weekend!!! -woot!!!
    8. I need to tell work about the pregnancy... any suggestions?
    9. I want to start packing even tho we haven't found a house yet.
    10. ready for morning sickness to be gone.
    I will keep the families who are having problems in my thoughts.
  • Options
    Okay, doing my TTT a little late, work has been busy today! 1. It really is helpful that I have people around me that don't even question that they will help with with stuff. I was talking to a co-worker tonight, whose wife is due in a month from yesterday, telling him that it is going to be interesting when it is time for me to go to the hospital as I don't know if I am going to be able to drive myself. He said that he will be there in a heart beat to take me. He's a very nice guy and several other co-workers freaking rock. They are kind of like my family in a way :) 2. Oh I'm exhausted! This is my long stretch at work and I work every day except Thursday, through Tuesday. 3. I'm in the mood for cold weather, cuddling up with a blanket and having a movie day. I love this time of year! 4. Found out someone else I know is 27 weeks pregnant and I swear there is something in the water!! Well obviously my pregnancy was timed and my RE rocked, but everyone else is growing babies!! Tis the season! Lol 5. I hope my sister in law gets pregnant soon so my little guy can grow up with a cousin his same age. I want him to know what family is. 6. We were discussing how genetics brings about physical similarities at work tonight. Me and my middle brother look very much alike and my baby brother looks like my grandfather. I wonder which of my traits Bean is going to have! 7. I wore maternity pants to work for the first time today. They are going to be my work pant of choice for the duration. They were great!! 8. I'm trying to decide if I want to get candy for Halloween this year. It's the first one off that I've had and there are a lot of kids in my neighborhood. But they will drive my dogs crazy!! I love kids dressed up though. Ugh! Lol 9. It's time for food and then bed! 10. I hope everyone has a great week!! :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @GoaliesWife123 I am so sorry about your mother. You, your mom, and family are in my thoughts and prayers.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @GoaliesWife123 - wishing your mom a speedy recovery!

@KH826 - I'm sorry your brother's birthday was difficult, but so glad you were able to be there with your family.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options
    My thoughts go out to all of you who are having difficulties with your families whether it's illness or otherwise. @Kh826 it sounds like your mom is a very strong lady and that she's lucky to have you there to support her. @goalieswife123 I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's journey and hoping for a supportive and positive outcome!

C began IUI's

• Options
    @goalieswife123, I'm wishing all the best for your mother and sending supportive thoughts to your family and you.
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    @kh826 I'm sorry that things are so hard for your brother and your family and that your mother was not able to enjoy his birthday party. Sending supportive thoughts your way.
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Thank you all. I'm so thankful for your friendships. 

My Mom has been diagnosed with Cdiff (a nasty, horrible intestinal illness) which is what started the whole chain of events. As a result of her aspirating into her lungs, she also has aspiration pneumonia. They are going to attempt to take her off of the vent tomorrow. She is scared and told us last night (by writing) that she thought she was going to die. The doctors are worried about her lung function after this infection, so we need the prayers. 

I want nothing more than for her to recover. 

Again, thank you all so very much for your thoughts and prayers. You have no idea how much I appreciate them.

• Options
    @Goalieswife - I have been thinking of you all day. How are you holding up? My brother has actually had Cdiff on more than one occasion. It is totally gross and can be hard to treat and get rid of but it is definitely treatable with persistence and mega strong antibiotics. It can linger in the body for months, so reoccurrences are common. Do you and your family have to gown up before you go in the room because of the infectiousness? Please know that I am thinking of you, and don't hesitate to let me know if you need someone to talk to.

• Options
    @KH826 thank you. She has had Cdiff a number of times and unfortunately, any time she is given an antibiotic she gets it. It is just so horrible and I can't imagine going through it. She is now resistant to several antibiotics because they had to keep her on one of them long term the last time she had it. 

We do gown up before we go into the room, most of the time. We're thankful that the first hospital started treating the Cdiff even without the diagnosis because of her history. My biggest concern is when she comes off the vent. Due to her previous (many years ago) history, she already only had one good working lung. I just pray that she is okay. 

As for us, we are holding up. My amazing wife is keep me as stress free as possible and she is my rock. We told my Mom yesterday that we were entering the 2ww again and we're hoping that keeps her spirits up. The sad thing is that we mistimed our ICIs and IF I get a confirmation of O tomorrow, we are lucky if we got one, maybe two tries in for this cycle. I'm sad and disappointed that my cycle is so messed up. As badly as we want to be successful this cycle, I gave it all up to God for this month and am focused on my Mom. 

Thank you. I hope you are feeling well and hope your brother is better!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"