May 2013 Moms

Jumparoo's why can't my kid reach the floor?

It seems like everyone's babies are jumping away. LO is a good 3 inches from reaching the floor. DH says it is put together correctly and at the lowest setting. What gives?
photo siggy_zpsf288824b.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Jumparoo's why can't my kid reach the floor?

• At his 4 month he was 23 inches at 14 pounds. Not sure what he is now. He still have to put a blanket under his excersaucer too :(

This is his jumperoo https://www.target.com/p/fisher-price-jumperoo-forest-fun/-/A-14297075#prodSlot=medium_1_2&term=jumparoo

• DD had a towel under hers until she was too old to be in there.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • We have the wii fit board underneath her feet. I think she can only reach the floor without it on tiptoes but I'm not sure. I'll have to see now.

My LO isn't very long so I might be being overly optimistic about that.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh good. I think the box said 4 months and he is 5.5 months so I was thinking I had a shorty or something.
  • My daughter is 5 months old and can't reach the floor I put a pillow under her. She loves jumping :)

Oh she was 24.25 inches at her 4 month appointment.
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                            Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • I'm so glad you asked this. My LO is the same way, she can't reach the floor. I have a blanket underneath so her feet touch something but she still doesn't jump. LO is 5.5 months
  • Lolalipsy said:
    We have the wii fit board underneath her feet. I think she can only reach the floor without it on tiptoes but I'm not sure. I'll have to see now. My LO isn't very long so I might be being overly optimistic about that.
    We used the Wii fit board too until J finally didn't need it any more.  At his 6 mth check up he was 26 inches.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The box for our jumperoo says 3 months +...LO was 26 inches at her 4 month appointment, is almost 5 months and it STILL super far from the ground on the lowest setting. I don't get it. 

We currently have "shot glass checkers" game under her. So inappropriate but perfect height :)
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic          

image  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yikes, I think I might have giant babies.  My guys are on the third setting in their Jumparoo.  Ben could easily go up to the last setting, but Sammy isn't there yet. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Mine is a FP jumperoo too, is yours at the "1" setting? My little guy is about 25.5 inches, but he is a chunker (17.5 lbs) which helps him weigh down & touch the floor lol

• LilFlea said:
    Mine is a FP jumperoo too, is yours at the "1" setting? My little guy is about 25.5 inches, but he is a chunker (17.5 lbs) which helps him weigh down & touch the floor lol
    This is a good point, MJ isnt that tall, he was only 50% at his 4 mon check up, but he is already on the middle setting on his since he is so heavy he weighs it down.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker

• I put Lex in my friend's jumper-saucer thingy and she just dangled there, though she loved the toys! Since her feet didn't come close to touching the ground, she sunk really far into the seat where the tray was practically at chin level. Didn't stop her though! I put a big pillow under her feet, but I think something more solid would be better.
    She is here! 5-29-13

• I couldn't attach a file in the "edit" function, so here is the pic of her yesterday- doesn't show the feet, but you can tell she's barely coming up above the tray. She looooved it though.
    She is here! 5-29-13

• edited October 2013
    Our LO was 25in at her 4 month, she's now 5 months and even longer and still doesn't reach the bottom either, good 3 in before she does. We simply place a sofa pillow under her and it's perfect. She loves that thing. I don't know how I would get dinner made without it LOL.

• emmy236 said:
    We have the same exact jumperoo but R is a lot bigger. He was 27inches and 17lbs at his 4 month appointment and he can now just fit in his. We tried a pillow underneath but he didn't like it. He can touch now but really only one foot and instead of jumping it looks more like a marionette doing a jig. I think it will be another few weeks to a month before he's ready to be a Kris Kross back up dancer.
    Hahahaha, "marionette doing a jig" made me literally LOL. :)
    She is here! 5-29-13

• See he's not that far off and my little guy is all legs. image
  • I thought in the directions it says that they're not supposed to be jumping flat-footed, but on the balls of their feet? I just moved mine to the second setting because he was flat-footed on the lowest one. Now he's on his tippy toes, but he's jumping fine.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersCafeMom Tickers

• The heights are different between the jumperoo and the exersaucer for sure. S was 22.75 inches at her 4 month appt (4.5 really) and now at almost 6 months she can "stand" in her exersaucer with her arms out far enough that she can reach the toys. Our exersaucer (even-flo brand) says it's for kiddos 4 months and up.

She's not even close to reaching the ground in her jumperoo. We have the same one as AllieAGame, and on the lowest setting, we have to stick a 2 inch book under her feet and even then her chin is at the same level as the seat. She doesn't really do much in her jumperoo because she can't reach anything yet, but we stick her in her exersaucer almost every morning and she loves it.
  • I thought in the directions it says that they're not supposed to be jumping flat-footed, but on the balls of their feet? I just moved mine to the second setting because he was flat-footed on the lowest one. Now he's on his tippy toes, but he's jumping fine.

Oh maybe! DH put together and read or didn't read the directions. Good to know! He still has another 1.5-2 inches before his toes touch though.
  • ohgrl95 said:
    I thought in the directions it says that they're not supposed to be jumping flat-footed, but on the balls of their feet? I just moved mine to the second setting because he was flat-footed on the lowest one. Now he's on his tippy toes, but he's jumping fine.
    Oh maybe! DH put together and read or didn't read the directions. Good to know! He still has another 1.5-2 inches before his toes touch though.
    DH never reads the directions either. I always read them while he tries to figure things out for himself, haha. At least it gets him closer to being able to use it!

• ohgrl95 said:
    I thought in the directions it says that they're not supposed to be jumping flat-footed, but on the balls of their feet? I just moved mine to the second setting because he was flat-footed on the lowest one. Now he's on his tippy toes, but he's jumping fine.
    Yes, for jumperoos it should be tippy toes touching. LO's toes are still far away too though. 

• I've never heard that they should be on tippy toes. It seems like flat footed would be more supportive, especially since they say jumperoos are hard on the hips and spine. We have the FP rainforest jumperoo, on the lowest setting, and M has been flat footed in it since we started using it two weeks ago. What's the reasoning on the tippy toes, anyone know?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Same here. Once his foot was flat on the ground he stopped jumping, so we moved it to the second slot and now he's back to being a jumping bean. When his feet were flat and he could bend his knees a little he would just kind of sit in the seat and slacken his legs.
  • jayro10 said:

I've never heard that they should be on tippy toes. It seems like flat footed would be more supportive, especially since they say jumperoos are hard on the hips and spine. We have the FP rainforest jumperoo, on the lowest setting, and M has been flat footed in it since we started using it two weeks ago. What's the reasoning on the tippy toes, anyone know?

No jumperoo here, but our exersaucer (Baby Einstein) directions said he should be on the toes/ balls of the feet, not flat footed in that. So we're now on the second setting. No idea why though.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • jayro10 said:

I've never heard that they should be on tippy toes. It seems like flat footed would be more supportive, especially since they say jumperoos are hard on the hips and spine. We have the FP rainforest jumperoo, on the lowest setting, and M has been flat footed in it since we started using it two weeks ago. What's the reasoning on the tippy toes, anyone know?

Ours just says that in the directions and there's also a warning label right on the Jumperoo. It's Baby Einstein but I just assumed it was like that for all of them because I have heard that before. Not sure why though.

• I've never heard that they should be on tippy toes. It seems like flat footed would be more supportive, especially since they say jumperoos are hard on the hips and spine. We have the FP rainforest jumperoo, on the lowest setting, and M has been flat footed in it since we started using it two weeks ago. What's the reasoning on the tippy toes, anyone know?
    Ours just says that in the directions and there's also a warning label right on the Jumperoo. It's Baby Einstein but I just assumed it was like that for all of them because I have heard that before. Not sure why though.
    I just assumed it's so they don't put too much stress on their legs upon landing after a jump. And since most likely a baby will not be entertained by it by the time they can stand (because they'll be crawling/cruising at that point) so that means babies mostly use the jumperoo before they can stand on their own so being on tip toes prevents them from bearing too much weight before they're ready. Just a guess.

Sorry I know that second sentence is a doozie but it's 3:30 AM and I can't figure out how to word it more clearly!

• We moved it when he was completely flat footed since he was getting so much more momentum in his jumps, it was concerning how jarring it was.

Now that he is back on his toes it is gentler jumps
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"