Two Under 2
Options

Possible 2u2..

and freaking out! LO is just under 10 months now and I am 3 days late with many pregnancy symptoms mimicking my first. I am so nervous and scared I don't even want to take a test yet. SO and I just had a talk the other day about how I wanted a 4 year gap because I thought that'd be easiest for everyone. We're also a young couple not married so I can only imagine the critics out there. My mom tells me all the time to be careful and wait and I can just imagine the disappointment on her face if I tell her I'm pregnant again. What I don't get is we are so cautious about not getting pregnant, I know it only takes one time but we've only had sex like 2 times in the last 3 months. On the bright side LO is very laid back and easy going so things have been going pretty well as a ftm, and SO and I have a very good relationship and have been together for 4 years so that's good too. I'm just worried financially and emotionally (for me) if we'll be able to handle another LO so soon. Because honestly I don't know, I'm sure SO would be fine but it's me I'm worried about since I'll be home with them most of the time. I also feel like I'm taking my time away from LO too soon, he's still just a baby. How did you handle an unexpected 2nd? Was it harder than you thought or easier? Am I just being a worry wart?

Re: Possible 2u2..

• Options
    I am also not married but have been with my boyfriend for 7 years, we have one son who is about 14 months old and we are also pretty young, 23 and 24. We were talking about maybe trying for another one in about a year or two, but the next day I really wasn't feeling well and I had a lot of the symptoms I did with my first pregnancy that I had experienced for about a week or two so I decided to take a test just to be sure. I took 4 tests, one had a very faint second line so I went and got the digital tests and found out Sunday that we are pregnant and our baby will be born a little less than 2 months from DS's second birthday. I am not far along at all so we aren't telling anyone except for our parents. His parents handled it great, my mom told me she just needed a minute. When she said this I just broke down and cried, I felt like I was disappointing her but she came back in the room and told us how much she loves us and is excited and is hoping for a girl. After the initial shock our parents have been great. I know that it is going to be hard and a struggle at times but I can't imagine our lives without our son and I'm starting to become excited and embrace it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hello! My DH and I are in the same situation. In June my DD was 9 months old and I finally decided I needed to take a pregnancy test. When it came back positive, I'll admit, I cried. I was so scared. I took 3 more tests just to make sure. We are also a young couple. We've been together for 4 years and decided in July to get married. We didn't tell anybody we were pregnant until I was 5 months along for two reasons: 1. I was so scared as to what both of our families would think. DH kept reassuring me that everything was going to be okay and that honestly it's none of their business because it's OUR family and they are OUR choices. 2. At the time I didn't have insurance and I wanted to make sure that everything was ok with the baby before we told anybody. Our first pregnancy I had a miscarriage and I didn't want to have to go through telling everybody again. When we finally did tell everybody they were so happy. Nobody has send anything insensitive or rude. They have all been extremely supportive because they are just happy that they will be welcoming another LO into the family. I worry about taking time away from DD because she did just turn 1 and I am due in 3 months, but I figure the baby will nap and DD and I will still get our mommy daughter playtime. I am scared about being home alone with both of them, but we will figure it out. My DH has been very supportive. I don't think DD understands what's going on, but she does notice that my belly button is popping out (she thinks it's funny to pull on it) and she hugs my belly. I am still very nervous, but I am truly happy and so excited to welcome our little boy into this world. Don't be too nervous. Everything will work out. And remember it's not your mom's choice or anybody else's choice if you have more kids and when, that's a choice between you and your SO. Hope this helped at least a little bit.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you both for your replies, it's helping a lot hearing similar stories. I just bought a test but at almost 4 days late I don't really need it, do I? I took one but didn't have enough pee, so I basically just wasted that. The control line didn't even show. I'll test in the morning but I'm going to talk to SO tonight about it. If I am we have a lot to do! And for sake of money, I hope it's another boy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"