September 2013 Moms
Options

formula feeding question

Hello to all of you other formula feeding mamas out there-

I've been formula feeding DD since very early on. I find that mixing her bottles up early and keeping them in the fridge is helpful with reducing bubbles and therefore gas. However, my DD is especially sensitive to the temperature of the bottles and won't take the formula if it's even slightly chilly from the fridge, so I wanted to ask everyone how they're handling formula temperature if they prepare bottles in advance and leave them in the fridge.  Are you guys taking them out early to let them come back to room temperature (and if so, man, I envy you because my DD screams bloody murder if she doesn't get it right when she indicates she's hungry)? Are you setting the bottle in a cup of hot water (is it tap hot or simmering from the stove?)? Or are you *gasp* microwaving it? Everyone keeps telling me to microwave it, but I'm so hesitant due to the idea of hot spots etc. My routine has been to prepare the bottles, then dump the contents into a cup, microwave, stir with my finger to get rid of hot spots and then pour the formula back into the bottle.. but this is just too much to do.  

TIA!

Re: formula feeding question

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"