July 2013 Moms
Options

You don't always have to be nice..

I'm going to be the mom who gets called into the principal's office because her kid says something to another kid.  Sure there are a lot of moms that this happens to.  The difference is that I'll be the one that tells El to say something inappropriate to that other kid.

My niece was all upset after school yesterday and I asked her what was wrong.  She said a boy made fun of her for wearing a superman shirt (she's 7).  He said superheroes are for boys.  She asked me what to do. 

What I told her to say: girls can like superheroes too and that there are a lot of female super hero characters.

What I wanted to tell her to say: You're an asshole Tommy.

Someday I'll be sitting in the principal's office with Tommy's parents explaining that YES I did tell my daughter to tell Tommy he's an asshole.  Maybe if your son wasn't an asshole then nobody would call him that.  Also, my daughter is a mother Fing super hero.  Suck it.

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

Re: You don't always have to be nice..

• Options
    You go mama! Girls can be superheroes and my boy will know it 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'll probably be in the office for my LO fighting...uhhh. His dad got in fights and he probably will, too. I'm going to try to put a stop to it but if the other kid deserves a good punch... so be it.
  • Options
    ljs4117ljs4117 member
    edited October 2013
    Go girl superheroes!! :)

I'm right there with you momma. And DH already has plans to put DD in Muay Thai classes ASAP. Great. :)
    Our little Sweetpea 
    photo 62d4d618-8ee8-46d9-ae5d-705799d4d9da.jpg

BFP #1 04/27/12 | blighted ovum, m/c 05/30/12 @ ?? weeks, D&C 06/01/12 BFP #2 11/06/12 | DD born 07/10/13 BFP #3 10/07/13
  • Options
    I'll be in line behind you when my DD does something similar. She has a bunch of "boy" clothes and "boy" toys. I can't help that apparently only boys like dogs and girls have to like cats. Nope, not in our house. The cashier at the grocery store called her a boy the other day. Although to be fair, she was wearing a blue football outfit (our alma mater). Oh well. 

Me:27, DH:28 - DX: MFI, varicocele repair Nov 2011 
    Post-Op SA: Count- 15 million, Motility- 75%, Morphology- 3% 
    IVF with ICSI - Stimming 10/4/12 - 10/13/12, Lupron Trigger
    ER 10/18/1212 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 5 fertilized
    5 day transfer 10/23/12, 3 frosties
    Beta #1 11/5/12: 453, Beta #2 11/7/12: 1,013, DD born 7/19/13
  • Options
    @Erinm278 @mermomo5 Love it! I hope both of my girls are as spunky as yours!
  • Options
    Sheera would be appalled at Tommy. Her and wonderwoman should totally go crazy on him and give nightmares.

Also,  IMHO, I think smurfette could be in the leagues of Super Heroes. Dealing with that many smurfs can't be easy on the little lady.

Tommy probably likes your niece and so the vicious cycle of, I hurt you because I like you begins to be embedded.

imageimage

• Options

@rondokye- I completely agree with you.  I have a lot of opinions about how the way we treat children is contributing to a generation of entitlement.

It's ok to lose, that's how we learn to win.  It's ok to be told you had the wrong answer, that's the first step in learning the right answer. 

I refuse to coddle my children to the point that they become unable to handle being told they're wrong.  I believe in comforting kids and letting them know they always have a safe place with you, but I'm not going to let my kid be an asshole to other kids and I'm not going to make excuses for my kid.  On the reverse, I'm not going to let her be walked all over.  She's going to learn how to stand up for herself and others.

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Well, I guess I should clarify... only use the swift kick to the nuts or right hook if you were touched first... I only advocate physical violence when the other kid swings first.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    @carrie3102- That's what I meant by threatened.  I guess I should've been more clear too.

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Options
    I got blasted online for coaching a bullied kid on how to tell his classmates that he didn't appreciate being called names. The parent said "we pay good money to come here he shouldn't get bullied at all." Sigh.

and therein lies the problem.

Parents who think little Jimmy should be exempt from normal life experiances... Bet his parents were picked on a little and vowed that they'd "never let that happen to their kid." barf.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    lancomechicalancomechica member
    edited October 2013
    Sounds like many of us have the same thoughts. I also hate everyone gets a trophy too. As I am extremely competitive (sometimes to a fault)...I want my kid to work hard to excel and not think a trophy or a job or a scholarship will be handed to him just because he participated. I don't want to be the "Tiger mom" either. I was always in trouble during elementary and middle school for being outspoken. I challenged teachers and other kids. My parents never told me I was doing anything "wrong". I stood up for myself and for others...yep it got me sent to the office and detentions but I think my parents were happier with that than me never speaking up.

Bonus: 

• Options

This was my mom and I will continue it.  I remember she would tell me you know what, if they don't like you fuck 'em.  Their loss, you don't have to take shit from anyone and tell them to get fucked. 

And I do... to this day, tell those who want to criticize or try to belittle or make me feel bad about me, to get fucked. 

... ready to earn my controversial badge.

I think this is part of the reason kids are killing themselves over being picked on.  Because they have never been told how to stop the idiot doing the picking, I think a good catchy come back, maybe a swift kick to the nuts, or a good right hook would stop some of this.  But kids are not taught how to manage when not "everyone" likes them.  They are taught to be "nice" all the time, and play ground fights and disagreements are micromanaged by the puppies and rainbows ideals of today.

It's horse shit.  It doesn't help that every single sporting event requires trophies for showing up.  Parents tell their kids that they are "great" at everything... Hey little Sally, that's the best shit I've ever seen anyone take, good job, you are wonderful.  We have to stop blowing glitter up our kids asses and start preparing them for the real world. 

Would it be nice if everyone liked everyone else and was 100% supportive, and everyone was great at everything... sure... why not, but that's not how life is, and I refuse to let my kids go through their lives believing this is so, just to be smacked with reality when they leave the nest.

Life isn't fair... deal with it.

I totally tell my daughter she's amazing when she poos.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options

@meimsx... me too, on the potty... for now... but when she's "good" at that... you best believe the praising may slow down a bit.

• Options
    Erinm278 said:

@aiylin- I also refuse to ever let anyone tell my daughter that the boy is being mean to her because he likes her.  How fucked up is that?  I don't want her to equate someone being mean to her to mean that's how someone shows they like her. 

He's acting like an asshat because he's an asshat.  Maybe someday he'll grow out of it.  Until then, stay away from him and if he threatens you then kick him in the junk.

ETA: Sorry about my passionate response.  I just got real fired up about that.

I couldn't agree more. Asshat Tommy is just that, but you know someone is going to tell her niece that it's because he has a crush on her.

Sad. really.

imageimage

• Options
    etoille said:

+1 from me.

No, life isn't fair.  Not everyone is equal. 

I HATE "every kid gets a trophy."

Then when they graduate college or high school they find out not everyone gets to be an astronaut.  Shockingly, not everyone who wants to be an actor makes it.  I think its why we have such an education cost problem too. 

Timmy you can be whatever you want when you grow up. 

No follow up with "...but you need to pick something that you'll be able to support yourself with as a career choice."

And of course you introduce levels of complexity as the kids age.  You don't tell your 3  year old that cowboy isn't a viable career option.

:( WHAT! It's not? lol. Sorry just had to smile at that.

imageimage

• Options
    Seriously who knew you would praise a child for bowel movements? Then you have kids and you totally do for certain circumstances. Potty training is hard.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    Carrie3102Carrie3102 member
    edited October 2013
    I know right?! So, get this, DD definitely spent two days in a row asking to go potty... peeing, getting her little piece of candy, and a little song and dance from mama.  I thought WOOHOO, PUT MY DD ON THE PANTIES TRAIN... then all of the sudden... she just fing stopped.  She does try though.

• Options

This was my mom and I will continue it.  I remember she would tell me you know what, if they don't like you fuck 'em.  Their loss, you don't have to take shit from anyone and tell them to get fucked. 

And I do... to this day, tell those who want to criticize or try to belittle or make me feel bad about me, to get fucked. 

... ready to earn my controversial badge.

I think this is part of the reason kids are killing themselves over being picked on.  Because they have never been told how to stop the idiot doing the picking, I think a good catchy come back, maybe a swift kick to the nuts, or a good right hook would stop some of this.  But kids are not taught how to manage when not "everyone" likes them.  They are taught to be "nice" all the time, and play ground fights and disagreements are micromanaged by the puppies and rainbows ideals of today.

It's horse shit.  It doesn't help that every single sporting event requires trophies for showing up.  Parents tell their kids that they are "great" at everything... Hey little Sally, that's the best shit I've ever seen anyone take, good job, you are wonderful.  We have to stop blowing glitter up our kids asses and start preparing them for the real world. 

Would it be nice if everyone liked everyone else and was 100% supportive, and everyone was great at everything... sure... why not, but that's not how life is, and I refuse to let my kids go through their lives believing this is so, just to be smacked with reality when they leave the nest.

Life isn't fair... deal with it.

100% agree

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Kidding ;-p
  • Options
    Sounds like J13ers are gonna have some confident children! So, where are the moms who are all 'be nice" and glitter and rainbows? There's gotta be some one who doesn't believe in fighting back???
  • Options
    @elyse05 I know right! I was trying to be controversial!

• Options

Meimsx no more
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"