May 2012 Moms
Options

Car Seat

DD is almost 18 months old and is still rear facing in her Chicco Key Fit 30. I am expecting another girl in March and plan to use the car seat for the new baby and get another car seat for DD. Has anyone started using forward facing or convertible car seat? Which one did you get and why? There are so many out there. I am not switching DD until the baby is born so she will be 22 months. Thanks.

Re: Car Seat

• Options
    Be ware this could turn heated

Lucas is tall so he's been out of his carrier for some time, we have a convertible it's an evenflo we like it, it is rear facing until 30 lbs so he will be until then.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options
    DD is in a chicco nextfit, rear facing. I love the seat except that it is hard to tighten the harness. Hopefully it will last us for a few years.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love my zeus combi 360! I got it because I was getting mommy's thumb from loading my extra heavy boy in and out of his car seat. This allows me to load and turn him rear facing without tweaking my thumb and wrist. It can also turn forward facing with just a click and a turn. I've used that when I didn't have ds in the car and had a tall passenger, this way that person isn't crushed into the front seat. It was expensive at over $300, but far cheaper than paying for a doctors visit and shots of cortisone or lots of acupuncture. Its also much easier on your back and much easier to get the sleeping baby in and out of!
  • Options
    We have two convertible seats.

An Evenflo Symphony, which I hate because I never feel like I can get the belt tight enough and the sides are so huge it's really hard to get DD in there rear-facing without banging her head on the car.

We also have a Britax Boulevard, which I love because it has a lot of safety features, the belt gets nice and snug, and it has head protection pads that are the perfect height and width for DD to rest her head against when she falls asleep in the car.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We have been using a rear-facing convertible for several months now. We got the Recaro ProRide. It's pretty large, but I went with it because it has so many great reviews on Amazon. In fact, it was one of the only seats with almost no real complaints. My son loves it. He was a car seat hater before and his mood has improved drastically since we switched to this seat!

We do have to use a sliced up pool noodle to get the level right in my Civic. It's also pretty much impossible to touch or see your child, without a mirror, because it has really wide "wings" or whatever you call those headrest things. It is like 220 bucks, so a little expensive, but not the worst. But, we love it and we have two so we use one in each car.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"