Multiples

moms of 3+ what do you drive?

Hi ladies,

We have a 2.5 year old and twins to arrive when he's 3. We have a GMC Envoy. I don't think we can fit 3 car seats across so we are thinking of getting something with a 3rd row. I don't really want a mini van. What do you ladies drive?

dx: hypothalamic ammenorhea & MFI. TTC #1 since 7/09.12/09: DH had varicocele surgery. 5/10-8/10: IUI + Clomid #1-4 BFN, 9/10: IUI #5 + Clomid: BFP!!! Tyler Liam 6/3/11 7 lbs. 2 oz. 20 in. :) TTC #2 since 11/12. IUI + Clomid #1-2 Clomid: BFN, new RE: IUI + injectibles: BFN. Onto IVF#1 Antagonist: July '13: Estrogen, Provera, Menopur/Gonal/Cetrotide; ER 8/6: 8 eggs, 6 mature, 5 fert. with ICSI; 5D SET 8/11: BFN :( FET 2 embryos scheduled 9/13: BFP!!! 10/13: 2 heartbeats! Twin boys due 6/1/14!

Re: moms of 3+ what do you drive?

• A 1995 Nissan Quest minivan. But we are working class and drowning in medical debt from our working class medical co-insurance and deductibles and premiums :D

If we could afford it, I'd honestly still have a minivan... in fact I'd still probably have a Quest... it would just be a brand new one ;) 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• We have an almost 4 year old and twins. We just bought a GMC Acadia with captain chairs in the middle row. Our little guy walks to the back and the twins seats go in the middle row. Working great so far!
    GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • We have a GMC Yukon Denali XL for when we don't have ALL the kids. A 15 passenger van for when we have them all. These twins make #7&8! LOL
  • We have a 5 year old and 7 week old twins. We got a Honda Odyssey the day after the twins were born.
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I have a 3 1/2 year old and will have twins. I drive a Honda Accord and DH drives an Xterra. I thought we for sure would need a larger vehicle. After some research we ordered DD a Radian Diono and ordered two Graco Snugrides. We can actually fit all 3 in the back of both cars. We were so happy since both cars are paid off. We do plan to get me a van in the future but as for now, what we have works. Don't give up. It's cheaper to buy a few new carsests then a car payment for 5 years.

• I only have 2 but we bought a minivan and we bought it before we knew it was twins. I love my minivan. So much room and we have stow-and-go seats which is awesome.

• We have a 3.5yo and 4mo twins. We bought an Acura MDX. The big one is in a radian and the twins are in keyfits.

Three across can be difficult but is very possible, you just have to find the right car seats.

• We have 4 kids a 4 year old and triplets. We had a ford Expadaition el so could fit 8 easy. But we just downsized to a Honda Odyssey we love it it fits all of us and so much room and much easier to drive and park then ford lol. I had a mini van with one kid they are so worth it and just getting nicer don't understand the mini van hate.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have a 7, 3 and 18month old and expecting twins. We have a 2012 Honda Odyssey and couldn't dream up a better vehicle. Well maybe one that cleans its self. I was not a minivan person, but the gas mileage sold me.

• I have a Chevy traverse but I really need a suburban!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have a 2 year old and infant twins. Our primary car is a 2000 Dodge Caravan Sport and we love it.
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
  • MrsCali_BrideMrsCali_Bride member
    edited October 2013
    We joined the Minivan Mafia 12 days before the twins arrived. As unglamorous as it may be, the sliding doors, stow & go seating and extra room inside have made up for it. We have a 2008 Chrysler Town & Country.
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • We have a 2.5 year old and 5 month old twins.  All 3 fit in a Chevy Malibu.  We have DS1 in a Diono Radian and the little ones in Baby Trend Flex Lock carriers.  They will graduate Diono Radians soon since Ben is quickly nearing the 23lbs mark. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Twins aren't here yet, but we have a Volvo xc60 and DH drives a subaru wrx (his bachelor car). We are going to replace DH's car, but not sure yet with what. We have DD (2) in a britax which is massive. But I think we're going to get the clek foonf which is a narrower convertible seat for DD and then use the keyfits for the twins. We could make it work very snugly with the britax, but it's too tight to make me comfortable. We're looking at the Buick Enclave which has the option for captains chairs in the middle row - we'd put the twins there and DD can climb in the back. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a 2 yr old & 5 month old twins. I drive a Ford expedition, DH drives a dodge ram. We have a my ride 70 & two graco snugrides. They fit great in one row..

DS1-7/21/2011 @ 1:51am

DD-5/29/2013 @ 2:40pm

DS2-5/29/2013 @ 3:21pm

#4 EDD- 9/28/2016

• We have a suburban with captain chairs in the middle. The twins are in the captain chairs and DS 1&2 are in the back row. I Love the room and we were not ready for a mini van!
  • We have a 4yo and a 16m old. Twins arrive in January. We bought a honda odyssey and absolutely love it.
  • We have the Chrysler town and country. I have 4 in carseats! I love it and the lowest model comes with a DVD player. Seemed to be the best priced minivan other than the dodge caravan. I never wanted a minivan but I love it now. It is insanely convenient to have automatic doors when your hands are full!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We too have a town & country. We just traded our suburban for it. I love it! It has 2 DVD players and screens and when the cars in park I can watch what the kids are watching on the screen in the front. The automatic doors are awesome especially for dropping the kids off at school. We just bought it and are going to have to trade it for an odyssey. We need an 8 seater now. :)

Married my love ~ 10/16/04

Twins! - 9/2/06, handsome son - 11/14/07, baby girl - 2/9/11, m/c - 12/21/12, BFP! - 9/25/13, TWINS AGAIN!!- EDD: 6/4/14!!

image[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt18c758.aspx[/img][/url]

• Toyota sienna! 4 under 4....
  • We have a 4 year old and 3 month old twins. We bought a Honda Odyssey about a month before they were born.
  • As unappealing as a minivan might sound, your life will actually be better once you get it. Especially when you start dropping kids off at school and they are all frantically trying to get out of any other vehicle. Join us....
  • @kmw722- we have a gmc terrain for a 2yo and newborn twins. We had to buy a diono radian car seat for our 2yo but all their seats fit across. I looked up your back seat dimensions and you actually have 4 inches more in your car. If you do need a small seat for your 2.5yo check out albeebaby.com, diono radian 100. It's on sale for $179 and can convert from 5 point harness to a booster w/ car seat. The seat is seriously hard core sturdy and heavy and the seat part folds up if you need to lay something across the back seat, it's awesome!

imageimage

• Side note- a new car seat is cheaper than a new car....which is why we went to any lengths to find a seat that fits! 3 in diapers is expensive enough as it is!!

imageimage

• I would love to get a mini-van, but DH is really resistant. (Less than he was before, though, so I still have some hope!) Right now we are looking at the Mazda 5 which is labeled as a compact or mini-minivan. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

image image image
  • I bought the Toyota Sienna when we found out it was twins and although it def isn't cool, its really really convnienent!  I can only imagine when the babies get here how much we are going to appreciate the sliding doors and extra space.  We looked at the Buick Enclave, which I LOVED but when you need the third row up there is barely enough room for a double stroller.  Thats the issue we ran into a lot with the crossover SUVs.  Enough seating but not enough cargo.
    Type 1 Diabetic, Hashimotos, RA. Its twins!!!!  EDD 1/6/2014 Di/di b/g twins.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"