LGBT Parenting
Options

Pregnancy Check-In

Happy Monday Morning!

Tell us how far along you are and your EDD along with any updates, questions, and anything else you want to share.

QOTD: How many children do you plan on having?  If you plan on having more after this pregnancy, how soon do you plan on having another?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pregnancy Check-In

• Options
    35w4d, EDD 11/21 - one month from today!  Although I feel like my little boy is going to hang out a little bit longer than his due date.

I really think we're ready to go other than installing the car seats and washing a few outfits.  I'm feeling okay, just getting worn out when I'm on my feet a lot.  I ran a bunch of errands after yoga on Saturday, then went out to dinner, and I was spent.  Fortunately, I didn't have anything to do yesterday, so I spent all day at home in my PJs.  It was great.  I spent some time in the morning organizing all the clothes we have received (geez louise, people love to buy baby clothes!) and then kinda lounged the rest of the day while Z took Bama out and did the grocery shopping.

I'm getting really anxious to meet this little boy already, but am happy to cook him for a few more weeks.  He will be here soon enough!

QOTD: 100% sure we will have one more; 90% sure that we'll stick with 2.  I would like to have them a couple years apart.  So, I think we'll start trying for #2 once this little one is about a year old.
  • Options

Hi Everyone - I feel like I have a lot to say today, so I apologize in advance for a long post!

7w6d for me (EDD 6/3/2014). I will be 8 wks tomorrow!

This weekend we went to my mom's house in Boston. I have several stories, but I will save those for TTT tomorrow. We told my sisters about our pregnancy while we were there. My youngest sister is pretty excited, but my middle sister wasn't overly excited/happy. I expected that though. My mother, on the other hand, is excited enough for everyone, so that makes up for it a bit.

We hit pretty horrible traffic and construction, so we spent over 15 hours in the car total between Friday night and Sunday afternoon. That wasn't too fun. I pretty much felt nauseous the entire time. My new thing is just constant nausea, where I feel like I am going to throw up 95% of the time, but I never do. We also discovered that I get horribly car sick in the passenger seat now, so I had to do all of the driving. When we got home yesterday afternoon, I told my wife I literally felt like "road kill" HAHA.

I am definitely glad we went, and it was nice to see my family, but the trip was challenging.

In other news, I finally picked an OB. My last appointment with my RE (hopefully, fingers crossed for hearing a nice healthy heartbeat) is this Wednesday, and then my first OB appointment is scheduled for next Wednesday the 30th.

I can't wait to get out of the first trimester. I am still a nervous wreck about this pregnancy. I haven't quite let myself enjoy it yet since I am not convinced that it is here to stay. I don't know what that is about. I have read so much about loss, and know so many people who have experienced loss (including many of you fantastic folks), that I am just petrified. I will be a happier camper when I make it through the first trimester, I think...

QOTD: We would like to have 3-4 children in total (I know, that is a lot by today's standards!). I ideally would like 3, but my wife is pushing for 4. I keep telling her let's start with 1 and see how that goes and then we will talk. I am one of 4 kids, and I do like feeling like part of a larger family, so I would like our kids to have that too. With that said, affording 4 children is going to be challenging. It might change our lifestyle (which is not the end of the world), but I just want to make sure that we both realize what we might be getting into....

With all of that said, I would really like for our kids to be close in age, and to be done with TTC by the time that I am 35. I will be 30 in March, before this baby comes. I think it is reasonable to have 2-3 more kids in 5 years, but they will have to be close in age. Now, all of this is obviously in an ideal world, and who knows how difficult or easy it might be for us to add to our family in the future. Whatever will be, will be - right?!?! 

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hello :-h ! I will be 15wks this week. Edd is 4/15. I don't feel pregnant which makes me so nervous. I also got a call from the cryobank and one of our donors offspring was born with a genetic defect. If I understand correctly he carries something that affects the 11th chromosome. Kaiser does not offer genetic testing so we can only wait and see if our child is affected. It cause SLOS. Which mean the baby does not create cholesterol. Which stunts growth and learning. They will keep a close eye on our quad test. They will then do an ultrasound to see if our little has any signs of SLOS which can include cleft palate, webbed toes, or extra fingers. We are trying not to worry because we know chances are low. Just a scary call to get.

I want a large family, DW never dreamt of kids until we met so she is not sure how many she wants. We have agreed on atleast two, unless our first dramatically changes our mind :)
  • Options
    @ATXmommas can you believe we are almost to term?

@KH826 I totally understand your reservations about wanting to get past the first tri... it is a huge relief... but so is every little step along the way, good betas, strong heartbeat, graduating from the RE.  Hang in there... and hopefully you will start enjoying it all soon.  

@Afterlater, when is your Quad screen? I feel like all our gentic testing was done around 12 weeks.  

I am doing well... 35 weeks going on 36 this week. EDD 11/21.  He continues to drop further into my pelvis... which has shifted my baby bump and created all kinds of new weird pains down there.  The good thing is it is easier to breathe and I get less feet jammed up into my ribs.  I have my appt with my OB tomorrow for GBS test and probably will get a cervical check as well.  I am still having some contractions but they are mostly irregular.  Not much else new here.  I will let you know how the appt goes tomorrow.  
    Same sex couple, Married 8/6/11
    Baby Oliver born 11/27/13

TTC stats with donor sperm...
    IUI #1 with trigger, 1/4/13 - BFN
    IUI #2 with trigger, 2/1/13 BFN
    IUI #3 with tigger, 2/28/12 BFP EDD 11/21/13
  • Options
    Oops totally forgot the QOTD: We will hopefully have at least 2 children. I would be open to three but want to see how things go with two first. I am in no rush to have baby #2 and want to move closer to my family (in Minnesota) before we have a second child. I think we will need to extra support when we get ready for a second child.
    Same sex couple, Married 8/6/11
    Baby Oliver born 11/27/13

TTC stats with donor sperm...
    IUI #1 with trigger, 1/4/13 - BFN
    IUI #2 with trigger, 2/1/13 BFN
    IUI #3 with tigger, 2/28/12 BFP EDD 11/21/13
  • Options
    @KH826 - hang in there. There are certainly milestones that bring relief, but I still have nagging fears (though not overwhelming fears anymore). We're moms now - worrying is what we do.

@Afterlater - you hang in there too! Anatomy scan should be coming up soon, right? Thinking good thoughts for you.

@mwagner25 - this whole thing is a bit surreal. I feel like I've been pregnant forever, yet it feels unreal that an actual baby will be in our arms in a month. It certainly feels good knowing that this little boy will most likely be healthy if he were born at any time, though like I mentioned, I think he's pretty comfy. I don't think he's dropped yet. He's not always in my ribs - it seems sometimes he's low and sometimes he's high. Does your little one head butt your cervix? That's an interesting feeling!

• Options
    I am 31w3d and due 12/20. My little guy is growing like a weed! I have me measurement ultrasound and 3D/4D ultrasound a week from Thursday and I can't wait. I felt what was the size and shape of a little butt the other day and it was great. Something other than knees and elbows I get all the time, yet I'm happy to feel every little thing I feel :) I'm going to pre-register at the hospital this Thursday and didn't even realize that was an option until recently. I'm glad because I'm sure I won't want to deal with that when the time comes. Everything is going good, and I'm learning to deal with no room for anything but little man. Rib pain is the constant thing right now. But all of it is completely worth it.

QOTD: This will be the only child that I have. My age is a factor and I feel like I got in right at the end of the window before age becomes even more of a factor. In the future if I have a partner that wants a child, I will be all for it though. This is what I call my "big go". Seeing as how it is the biggest thing I've ever done :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @KH826 I know exactly how you feel and there were definitely milestones that I considered important to cross before I felt comfortable with the idea that my bun was in the oven for the duration. I didn't want to tell my siblings until the 2nd trimester but ended up telling them earlier. Still to this day I am thankful for every day/week that passes without a hitch. Your worry is completely understandable.

@ATXmommas and @mwagner25 you both are a month ahead of me and I am so happy for you both! Reading what you are feeling kinda gives me a heads up as to what is to come for me. Finish line is within sight!

@afterlater Thoughts and prayers to you. The testing they can do is amazing and hoping for the best outcome. I can't imagine how it would feel to get a call like that. Like there isn't enough worry already. Please keep us updated.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @Greysmom13 - Your excitement and enthusiasm is so evident - I love reading your updates!  You are near Fort Worth?  After our boys are here, we should plan a get together (if you are up for meeting a fellow bumpie in real life, that is). :)
  • Options
    @ATXmommas Thank you and I enjoy reading your posts as well as I am not too far behind you and your posts help me know what is in store generally :) I think it would be awesome to meet up after our boys arrive! I think having people around that are in the same place and like minded is so important and it would be great for the boys too!

@herbabymama Thank you for your post! I want this little guy more than anything and can't wait to have our life together! I love kids and never thought that I would be able to have my own child but when I figured it all out, I was 100% in! And for him to have possible future siblings would be great. :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    It's 4 minutes to midnight -  I guess I can still post ;-)  I'm up late having taken a Final Exam tonight so I'm eating a cheese sandwich and then off to bed.

Symptoms, major exhaustion. It is really a feat that I am up this late (with the help of a little black tea).... I am tired everyday all day long...  Also hunger. I'm hungry every hour or so. I can't eat very much without feeling full but then I'm hungry all over again (hence the midnight snack "literally").   Other than that m/s has backed down mostly. I've had more "lightening crotch" that round ligament pain that shoots right through the cervix - ouch!!  Overall I feel pretty good.

QOTD: I always say 2 -3, but seriously I can't imagine being pregnant again... Probably since the memory of the first trimester is vividly with me - but we'll see.   We have an appointment to have a Gender screening done on Nov. 9th. (week 15-16) and EV and I are both crossing fingers for a girl.  Of course we'll be happy if its a boy too. But I think if its a boy I might consider another baby in the future. Perhaps IVF with EV's eggs since she's 1 year younger :-)

Have a great night all!!
  • Options
    I'm late on this buy I thought I'd go ahead and post. I am 12 weeks and I think the morning sickness is getting better, even tho it still occurs exclusively at night, lol. I would like 2 children but I am also open to adoption so we will see in the future. I can't wait to find out the gender!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"