1st Trimester
Options

Ultrasounds

I am worried about the amount of ultrasounds I'm getting.  I've been reading up on it, and it seems like some people don't think they're so safe.  I will have a total of 5 in my first trimester (3 with RE & 2 with OB).  Can you please share how many you've had and if you have any info on their safety?

Re: Ultrasounds

• Options
    I have had 7 within the first trimester. I don't think my dr would put me in harms way as far as safety is concerned.
  • Options
    You've posted this on at least 3 different boards (that I've seen so far).  FYI, it's polite to put "XP" for "cross post" in the title of your post (example:  "XP: Ultrasounds") so people know you've posted this on multiple boards, and don't reply on more than one.   
    imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Do you have a history of complicated pregnancies? That seems like an awfully large amount of unnecessary US. I've also read US aren't 100% safe but I'm no expert by any means.

It's a BOY

• Options
    edited October 2013
    JKBMA2014 said:
    Do you have a history of complicated pregnancies? That seems like an awfully large amount of unnecessary US. I've also read US aren't 100% safe but I'm no expert by any means.

@JKBMA2014, do you not know what an RE is?

OP, ultrasounds nowdays are safe.

• Options

JKBMA2014 said:

Actually no I'm not real familiar with REs

It's a BOY

• Options
    Fine and normal. :)
    Anna Kate 10.17.2009 Alexander 6.10.2011 Baby Girl 6.2014
  • Options
    OP, my last pregnancy I had twins and complications so we had tons of u/s. I had three or four in 1st tri, one every other week in 2nd tri, and once per week in 3rd tri and the babies are fine.
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
  • Options
    Thank you ladies for the replies.
  • Options
    My coworker has had weekly u/s for the last trimester of her pregnancy due to GD. It's probably more risky to not have them if you need them than whatever you think it is that makes them unsafe.
  • Options
    I probably had 15 or so with my first pregnancy and my kiddo is perfectly fine.  Should be completely safe!
    On our way to baby#2!  Praying for a healthy and happy delivery next June!
  • Options
    car seat said:
    JKBMA2014 said:

You should not comment on things that you don't know anything about.
    Lol you're so clever. Shut up.

It's a BOY

• Options
    JKBMA2014 said:
    JKBMA2014 said:

Haha! And you say @GhostMonkey doesn't know anything.

RE stands for reproductive endocrinologist. OP had to go through some type of fertility treatments in order to get pregnant which means her ultrasounds were NOT unnecessary. You can shut your uneducated mouth now.

You're right because typing requires a lot of talking. I'm pretty sure I didn't go posting around like I new what I was talking about. My post was very "questionable" in itself.... You can shut your condescending little mouth now

It's a BOY

• Options
    I did this thing, it's called google, and I searched for "RE" and all of a sudden I like, knew everything about Re. You guise are so smart!

It's a BOY

• Options
    We will start after you buttercup.

You do realize you're up my ass about ADMITTING not being familar with RE? LOL. I've never had to use one therefore I don't know anything about how they work. Oops. How dare I!!

It's a BOY

• Options

You do realize you're up my ass about ADMITTING not being familar with RE? LOL. I've never had to use one therefore I don't know anything about how they work. Oops. How dare I!!
    Yet that didn't stop you from spouting off that all of OPs ultrasounds were unnecessary. LOL
    And? Well I did say that seemed like a lot of unnecessary US because I know a lot of people who get US just because. And I also just noticed the () talking about her RE

It's a BOY

• Options
    Excuse me for miscomprehending the OP. I just saw that she put in () that she had these US with an RE.

It's a BOY

• Options
    JKBMA2014 said:

You really aren't naive enough to think it's that simple is it?

Now excuse me, it's time for me to go beat down some animals and small children.

Judging by how angry this is probably making you, that isn't too far fetched. You love that word naive? You use it a lot. Moron is another one I notice. Oh GM you platinum user you, you probably get all giddy inside when your internet pals stick up for you.It's actually kind of cute how you sometimes don't have to say anything at all because you have your little scared sheep to do your talking. This isn't really a big deal which I'm sure you all will get past.

It's a BOY

• Options
    JKBMA2014 said:
    JKBMA2014 said:
    JKBMA2014 said:

RE stands for reproductive endocrinologist. OP had to go through some type of fertility treatments in order to get pregnant which means her ultrasounds were NOT unnecessary. You can shut your uneducated mouth now.

You're right because typing requires a lot of talking. Is that really the best smart aleck comment you've got? Lame. I'm pretty sure I didn't go posting around like I new what I was talking about. My post was very "questionable" in itself.... You can shut your condescending little mouth now
    Here's the thing @JKBMA2014, if you have absolutely no clue at all what you are talking about just stay the fuck out of the post. The OP clearly stated that she was given several ultrasounds by an RE. That right there indicates that she has been through a lot in order to achieve this pregnancy. Then you come up in here spouting off about how her "unnecessary ultrasounds" are not 100% safe. Wrong, wrong, completely WRONG! So, shut the fuck up!!
  • Options
    momthatliftsmomthatlifts member
    edited October 2013
    JKBMA2014 said:
    JKBMA2014 said:
    JKBMA2014 said:

You're right because typing requires a lot of talking. Is that really the best smart aleck comment you've got? Lame. I'm pretty sure I didn't go posting around like I new what I was talking about. My post was very "questionable" in itself.... You can shut your condescending little mouth now
    Here's the thing @JKBMA2014, if you have absolutely no clue at all what you are talking about just stay the fuck out of the post. The OP clearly stated that she was given several ultrasounds by an RE. That right there indicates that she has been through a lot in order to achieve this pregnancy. Then you come up in here spouting off about how her "unnecessary ultrasounds" are not 100% safe. Wrong, wrong, completely WRONG! So, shut the fuck up!!

wow lol relax. Seriously chill.... I said that I had read that they can be unsafe and even stated that im no expert just going off bull shit. So nice try. Now go count to 10

It's a BOY

• Options
    car seat said:
    JKBMA2014 said:

wow lol relax. Seriously chill.... I said that I had read that they can be unsafe and even stated that im no expert just going off bull shit. So nice try. Now go count to 10

Sorry, have you seen how you've been speaking to people in here? You're behaving really inappropriately, and you really had absolutely no place adding your lack of knowledge in this thread in the first place.

You've done nothing to help anyone here. All you've done is prove how little you know and then act like child. What's wrong with you?

and neither have you. This whole thread has turned in to being about me admitting to knowing nothing about REs.

It's a BOY

• Options
    JKBMA2014 said:
    JKBMA2014 said:
    JKBMA2014 said:
    JKBMA2014 said:

That's exactly the point you seem to be missing here. If you have to qualify your response with "I don't really know what I'm talking about" then maybe you shouldn't be posting that response.

Also, lol at telling everyone else to chill when it's you that keeps flying off the handle in each response.
  • Options
    I will personally apologize to OP for not reading through her post more thoroughly and making a pretty insensitive comment. I really did not see she was going to an RE until I read over it earlier. I genuinely did not make that comment to sound rude. I know a lot of people who DO get US just because, a lot. I apologize op. I hope we can drop this.

It's a BOY

• Options
    car seat said:
    JKBMA2014 said:
    car seat said:
    JKBMA2014 said:

Sorry, have you seen how you've been speaking to people in here? You're behaving really inappropriately, and you really had absolutely no place adding your lack of knowledge in this thread in the first place.

You've done nothing to help anyone here. All you've done is prove how little you know and then act like child. What's wrong with you?

and neither have you. This whole thread has turned in to being about me admitting to knowing nothing about REs.

Go read again. I answered the OP's question. With my knowledge.

This whole thread has turned into you behaving like a child. Seriously, if you don't know anything, then don't answer people's questions. It's not helpful.

I apologized to the OP for acting insensitive because after looking at the big picture I can definitely see it being, rude. In my defense, I really have read of US being unsafe but that's why I said I'm no expert by any means. Just going by what I've read. I really don't want to make this about me and I hope OP can get more help and answers to her question.

It's a BOY

• Options
    JKBMA2014 said:
    car seat said:
    JKBMA2014 said:
    car seat said:
    JKBMA2014 said:

Go read again. I answered the OP's question. With my knowledge.

This whole thread has turned into you behaving like a child. Seriously, if you don't know anything, then don't answer people's questions. It's not helpful.

I apologized to the OP for acting insensitive because after looking at the big picture I can definitely see it being, rude. In my defense, I really have read of US being unsafe but that's why I said I'm no expert by any means. Just going by what I've read. I really don't want to make this about me and I hope OP can get more help and answers to her question.
    Quit acting like a 2 year old when someone points out that you are insanely ignorant on a topic and keep your mouth shut when you don't know about something, and it won't turn into you showing how immature you are in every single post you walk into. 

Have you not noticed the common theme is you spouting off crap and people attempting to undo the idiocy you are spreading? 

I'm still waiting for you to apologize for saying that I am weird, a creep, that I am angry and hurt children and small animals. All because I pointed out to someone that Medicaid did not shut down during the government shutdown. 

It's pretty sad that you are a military wife as well. I know your type. Grow up little girl because your attitude will be a detriment to your husband's career. 

Ok you can stop making this about you. Firsts ff, someone else who hates you said you probably hurt small children... See the theme there? This is the only thread where anyone has tried to point out my so called "idiocy". I will not apologize for anything I said to you because A. I don't like you and B. What you said about the government shut down was not as simple as you make it seem. You were being a rude bitch and a smart ass. Which you do a lot. And it's annoying. I apologized to OP who deserved it and I'm dropping it. Because unlike you, my life doesn't revolve around being the coolest poster on the bump.

It's a BOY

• Options
    @JKBMA2014 : you are really talented at missing the point. Just putting that out there. However, keep going off the deep end & violating TOS. We won't have to do much. You will get yourself banned. Que sera!

OP: ultrasounds are safe if medically necessary. As long as you aren't at home sitting for 8 hours a day under the wand you'll be fine.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Wow ladies, I thought this was a place for mothers to go to feel supported by one another. I had high hopes that these threads would not turn into a pissing match. Not everyone is as informed as others think they are, but I hoped we would have a little understanding of that instead of shaming mothers into not asking questions at all or giving their honest opinions. This certainly has deterred me from wanting to post anything other than this. Quite frankly I find it hard to believe any of you are experts i.e. Doctors, nurses or even radiology techs, so why dont you cool your jets a little and realize that this is an opinion based forum and no one that I have seen has toted themselves as any kind of expert therefore any OPINIONS provided should be taken with a grain of salt. 
  • Options
    jdushane said:

Wow ladies, I thought this was a place for mothers to go to feel supported by one another. I had high hopes that these threads would not turn into a pissing match. Not everyone is as informed as others think they are, but I hoped we would have a little understanding of that instead of shaming mothers into not asking questions at all or giving their honest opinions.

No one is shaming anyone. Seriously. It's exhibit A about knowing when to STFU when you aren't knowledgable about a subject.
    jdushane said:

This certainly has deterred me from wanting to post anything other than this.

If you seem as much the shrinking violet that it appears you might be, then perhaps straight up honesty of TB is not for you. There are other pregnancy websites.
    jdushane said:

Quite frankly I find it hard to believe any of you are experts i.e. Doctors, nurses or even radiology techs, so why dont you cool your jets a little and realize that this is an opinion based forum and no one that I have seen has toted themselves as any kind of expert therefore any OPINIONS provided should be taken with a grain of salt. 

Yes, there are medical professionals that post. Also, there are some that have been through extensive fertility treatment. Experience tends to be a great teacher. Just because a poster doesn't trumpet their profession openly doesn't mean they are not a medical professional. Supporting someone can mean telling them cold, hard facts. Support is tough love too.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    @GhostMonkey, I know you already called Bingo but are we doing second and third place this round? If so, I call my Bingo now.
  • Options
    The point of my saying that no one has toted themselves as an expert, was to say that anyone can give an opinion, educated or not, especially since they do not claim to be an expert in the field. It is one's own personal responsibility to take anyones non-expert advice with a grain of salt and always ask a professional. If someone wants to take advice from a message board over a healthcare professional than they have bigger problems that can't be helped. 
    car seat: I just started looking at these today so please excuse my lack of contributions. 
    PrimRose Mama: You're right, this sight is probably not for me, it seems to be a huge waste of time, I feel less intelligent for having even taken it this far so you don't worry you won't see me again. P.S. Im no shrinking violet
  • Options
    jdushane said:

The point of my saying that no one has toted themselves as an expert, was to say that anyone can give an opinion, educated or not, especially since they do not claim to be an expert in the field. It is one's own personal responsibility to take anyones non-expert advice with a grain of salt and always ask a professional. If someone wants to take advice from a message board over a healthcare professional than they have bigger problems that can't be helped. 

car seat: I just started looking at these today so please excuse my lack of contributions. 
    PrimRose Mama: You're right, this sight is probably not for me, it seems to be a huge waste of time, I feel less intelligent for having even taken it this far so you don't worry you won't see me again. P.S. Im no shrinking violet
    You might just seem like a butthurt asshat. Just sayin'. Folks can have opinions even if they aren't experts. I mean, Jesus Christ, you don't have to be the Surgeon General to answer a question about Deli Meat, smoking while pregnant and the like.

Absolutely no one was advocating that someone take medical advice of strangers on the Internet. What drugs are you on?

If being an expert were a prerequisite then this site would make nothing. Even experts make mistakes. So do doctors. No one is above reproach.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    jdushane said:
    Wow ladies, I thought this was a place for mothers to go to feel supported by one another. I had high hopes that these threads would not turn into a pissing match. Not everyone is as informed as others think they are, but I hoped we would have a little understanding of that instead of shaming mothers into not asking questions at all or giving their honest opinions. This certainly has deterred me from wanting to post anything other than this. Quite frankly I find it hard to believe any of you are experts i.e. Doctors, nurses or even radiology techs, so why dont you cool your jets a little and realize that this is an opinion based forum and no one that I have seen has toted themselves as any kind of expert therefore any OPINIONS provided should be taken with a grain of salt. 

If I had a nickel for every time I've seen this post...
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @JKBMA2014 : you are really talented at missing the point. Just putting that out there. However, keep going off the deep end & violating TOS. We won't have to do much. You will get yourself banned. Que sera! OP: ultrasounds are safe if medically necessary. As long as you aren't at home sitting for 8 hours a day under the wand you'll be fine.

This. You seem to be a troublemaker. You're going to get banned if you keep up the crap. Don't say we didn't warn you.
  • Options
    edited October 2013

@GhostMonkey, I know you already called Bingo but are we doing second and third place this round? If so, I call my Bingo now.
    @WashingtonQueen- We are moving on to Blackout now.

Fuck! I'm close! All I need now is "I feel sorry for your husbands".
  • Options

@WashingtonQueen- We are moving on to Blackout now.

Fuck! I'm close! All I need now is "I feel sorry for your husbands".

I got an "I feel sorry for your family and friends" last night. Use can use mine. :)
  • Options
    ::popping popcorn::
    ::wishing I knew how to post a gif from my cell phone::

Mary (33) and Michael (33)

Diagnosed with PCOS in 2002, Married 4/10/10     TTC #1 June 2011; LAP and tubes flushed in Dec

2012: 6 Clomid Cycles, all BFN;    RE consult Nov 2012: SIS (all clear)

2013: 3 Femara Cycles with IUI, all BFN      August 2013: Follistim/Ovidrel = 3 Follies, IUI on 8/29.

BFP!!!!! 1st Beta = 204 on 9/12/13 2nd Beta = 774 on 9/15/13!!

First U/S 10/1/13 - It's TWINS!!!!

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I had somewhere between 20-30 with DD #1 due to not being able to find the heartbeat at an appt to complications later on that resulted in having them twice weekly the last month and a half. DD was born healthy and happy and is doing just fine 2.5 years later. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"