July 2013 Moms

Clicky poll - diaper brand?

KTZ17KTZ17 member
edited October 2013 in July 2013 Moms
If you use disposables, which brand do you use? Comment on experiences you have had with brands you didn't like & why. Any advice on how to save money would be good on this thread too!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
imageimage

Clicky poll - diaper brand? 160 votes

Pampers
64% 103 votes
Huggies
13% 21 votes
Luvs
5% 8 votes
Other - specify in comments
17% 28 votes

Re: Clicky poll - diaper brand?

• I didnt vote because there isn't an option for all 3. I received so many diapers as gifts for my shower. Honestly I haven't had problems with any brand. They have all contained the poo! When the stockpile runs out and I have to buy them ill probably just get whatever is on sale/cheapest.
  • Target for DS and for DD we buy walmart brand. They work really well actually.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Loading the player...
  • Target brand for tha day, pampers at night
  • I use the Kirkland brand which are the same as Huggies. I think I'm switching to cloth.
  • Luvs are amazing. I would have so much more money if I would have used them the whole time with ds1!!! Plus amazon prime helps me get them so cheap.
  • We always used pampers Swaddlers sensitive, but they recently "revamped" them and the new ones smell horrible. I returned the box and switched to huggies pure and natural. I actually like them a lot.
    Mom to three girls and pregnant with #4!
    L: 7/12/13
    C: 5/11/15
    E: 3/7/17
    Due 11/10/18
  • Kirkland brand. Love em
  • We use Target brand when using disposables. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've used pampers, huggies, target brand, and wegmans brand. They all worked fine but I listed them in order of my preference. I'm a sale shopper too.
    Jan. 2017 Sept. Siggy Challenge - Pumpkin Spice Gone TOO Far!

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP 2/3/16 --> MC 2/13/16
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I was cloth diapering but now the smell is killing my newly weakened stomach. I LOVE target brand diapers!!!
    Our little Sweetpea 
    photo 62d4d618-8ee8-46d9-ae5d-705799d4d9da.jpg

BFP #1 04/27/12 | blighted ovum, m/c 05/30/12 @ ?? weeks, D&C 06/01/12 BFP #2 11/06/12 | DD born 07/10/13 BFP #3 10/07/13
  • Luvs here too!! I've also tried them all but can't justify spending extra for pampers or huggies.
  • Was on swaddlers but I had a huge box of Huggies snug and dry size 2 so I've been using those. They hold A LOT. I used then when she was newborn and size 1 and they sucked but now that her butt is bigger they for perfectly around her waiste. Going to try Luvs next to see how I like em.
    Oct. 2012: Clomid + Ovidrel = Baby A born 07.17.13 at 38 wks! 
    TTC #2 since Jan. 2014
    BFP#1 02/26/14 CP 02/28/14
    BFP#2 03/23/14 Stick Baby Stick!
    imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • They had Pampers Swaddlers at the hospital she was born at.  Then we got home and tried the Earth's Best that we had registered for which were AWFUL.  Once you stuck the tabs on those, you couldn't remove them, so there was no option of checking the diaper or not sticking it tight or loose enough the first time, plus there wasn't a line to tell you if the diaper was wet.  Thank gawd someone had given us more Swaddlers in a diaper cake, so we used those.  Then we switched to Huggies Little Snugglers I think when we had to move to size 1 cuz the size 1 Swaddlers were a little too big.  I had planned to switch back to the Swaddlers when I thought d.d. would fit in them better, but I think we found out BJs didn't carry size 1.  They do now, but before they did I heard that Pampers and Luvs were going to be upping the price of their diapers, but having less diapers per package, so we're sticking w/Huggies Little Snugglers.
  • Target brand
  • I try and mostly CD, but do use disposables some. I use the Huggies pure and natural because I can't stand the chemically smell/scent of the regular diapers when they are wet.
    image image image

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • As much as I loath huggies it's what we use, DD got a chemical burn from pampers (she was like the one in a billion chance and had HUGE blisters) and luvs feel cheap and make her butt irritated and leaked out the top (baby gravity I guess) Huggies fit her well and as long as I make sure they are on correctly I don't have many leak issues

omg @mrsohearts! Poor baby! I've never even heard of that! But why do you loathe huggies?

imageimage
  • Pink724 said:
    We always used pampers Swaddlers sensitive, but they recently "revamped" them and the new ones smell horrible. I returned the box and switched to huggies pure and natural. I actually like them a lot.

@pink724 I like the huggies pure & natural too, but the snugglers are cheaper & were on sale last week so I bought them and don't notice much of a difference.

imageimage
  • Pampers. Only other brand we've tried is Huggies and they leaked and left crystals on LOs bum.
  • @danigirl7181, @landloveandyou, @adeb9562 and others who mentioned target brand, I read some bad reviews on their website. Reviewers said they changed the diapers. Any insight? How are they in terms of softness & fragrance?

imageimage
  • As much as I loath huggies it's what we use, DD got a chemical burn from pampers (she was like the one in a billion chance and had HUGE blisters) and luvs feel cheap and make her butt irritated and leaked out the top (baby gravity I guess)
    Huggies fit her well and as long as I make sure they are on correctly I don't have many leak issues

That must have been awful!! Poor baby!
  • Pampers Swaddlers for day (or Target Up&Ups), and Pampers Baby Dry for overnight. Huggies leaked and left crystals on DD's diaper area. We use Amazon Mom Subscribe and Save and bought a new box of size 2s for $0.15/diaper.
  • KTZ17 said:
    @danigirl7181, @landloveandyou, @adeb9562 and others who mentioned target brand, I read some bad reviews on their website. Reviewers said they changed the diapers. Any insight? How are they in terms of softness & fragrance?
    They smell fine to me, I think some of the other brands smell funny. They are pretty soft too. We started using them with DD and have never had a blowout. We also use the target brand pull ups for DD. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Pamers and target brand. I got a bunch at my showers we have just started using target brand this week no problems so far .

• Seventh Generation and cloth
    After 4.5 years our miracle IVF baby is here!
    Born 7/30/13
  • Love pampers swaddlers. The huggies brand leaked so much it cost us more in time and laundry. We also have used the Costco brand diapers. They aren't as good as pampers but they are cheaper and don't leak like the huggies.
  • I like Pampers Swaddlers the best for babies with liquidy poop. Other brands don't soak it up as well. We've used Huggies Snug and Dry on DD1 since size 3 I think bc Costco has them really cheap. They are bulkier than Pampers, but I do like the elastic on the back. They work just fine. Target brand gave DD1 a rash but worked and felt just like Huggies. I hated the slip on ones from Huggies. I hated Pampers Baby Dry. I like Pampers Cruisers--the bigger version of Swaddlers. But just want cheaper so Huggies it is.

• I love the huggies pure and natural, but they don't protect against blow outs the way pampers swaddlers do. I agree with a pp... I thought blow outs were the norm until we switched.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Honest Company!

But I never had one single blow out in a Target diaper. They worked better for us than Pampers or Huggies. But Honest Company are the only ones that don't make his butt red.
  • Pampers for both boys. I tried seventh generation when DS1 was a NB and I didn't like them. I have heard good things about Target brand once they get older and into bigger sizes/not as sensitive skin, so I have thought about putting DS1 in those for daytime and pampers at night.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Love pampers swaddlers. Baby dry are good too. Luvs are decent and I didnt like huggies or walmart brand.
    July 13 Siggy Challenge December'14: Christmas/Holiday Movie
    Bonus: Ugly Sweater

photo 89022d03-637e-4c13-aa0a-686e2c5d2bd8_zps58cec4a3.png
    Anniversary
  • We started with Kirkland, which are Huggies.
    Switched to Pampers baby dry, and now use Target Up & up.

I loved Pampers but tried target because of the good reviews and they are cheaper. They run a little bigger than Pampers, and aren't quite as soft but we really like them. We use the Cartwheel app combined with our REDcard so right now I can get 10% off.
  • I use Pampers Swaddlers, but have been having a TON of blowouts. We switched from size 1 to size 2, but it didn't help. I think we might be between sizes.

• I will use whatevers on sale or cheapest.  I stocked up when I was pregnant and diapers were on sale.  I think I've tried every single brand and I don't have a preference.

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• I was always a Pampers gal until they weren't giving out 25 dollar gift cards for the purchase of 2 boxes at target anymore (I'll go back when they do) but I tried the Target brand and they really work very well and are about 10 bucks cheaper/box.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• We switch between the Target Up and Up and Costco Kirkland brands. We love both and haven't had any issues.
  • edited October 2013
    Earth's Best. I LOOOOVE them. DD hated pampers, and huggies leaked like nobody's business, but these are GREAT.

Also, ditto PPs about the horrible smell of the pampers. I don't know what they were thinking, but it gave me a headache, can't imagine how DD felt about it.
  • Money saving tip: buy from Amazon Warehouse deals.  They have Huggies and Pampers for cheaper than anywhere else.  If you don't know about Warehouse Deals it is the section of the website where they resell returned items in new condition.  I buy pretty much all my diapers from there and never had an issue.  Sometimes the box is a little damaged or looks like its been opened and resealed but the plastic sleeves that hold the diapers are fine.  If having a crushed box saves me 10 dollars off 200 diapers, crush all my boxes please!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Big brother James 6-19-11  ****  Little sister Lillianna 6-26-13

• KTZ17 said:
    @danigirl7181, @landloveandyou, @adeb9562 and others who mentioned target brand, I read some bad reviews on their website. Reviewers said they changed the diapers. Any insight? How are they in terms of softness & fragrance?
    I think I'm the only one here who didn't love Target brand. DH went to use on one on DD and actually said "what the hell is this sh*t?". I don't think they're nearly as soft as Pampers and I think they smell bad as soon as DD pees in them. I never even need to check the line. So sad, because I love everything else that Target does. 

I would love to try Kirkland brand, but I think they're the same as Huggies essentially. Which I don't think will work for DD because she's super long and skinny. I think Sam's club are more like Pampers, but we don't have one near us. 

Me:27, DH:28 - DX: MFI, varicocele repair Nov 2011 
    Post-Op SA: Count- 15 million, Motility- 75%, Morphology- 3% 
    IVF with ICSI - Stimming 10/4/12 - 10/13/12, Lupron Trigger
    ER 10/18/1212 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 5 fertilized
    5 day transfer 10/23/12, 3 frosties
    Beta #1 11/5/12: 453, Beta #2 11/7/12: 1,013, DD born 7/19/13
  • Fisher Price.  Hypoallergenic, fragrance free.  And less expensive on amazon subscribe and save.  Never had a problem with leaks (during the day) with DD.  DS has had some leaks but he's growing so fast he needs to move up in diaper size before I can finish a box!  I am about to order him size 4 for next shipment.

DD's Food Allergies: Peanuts and Rice, Outgrown Dairy!

8/09 Dx PCOS & Hashimoto's
    BFP #2 12/13/11. Missed M/C at 11w5d, measured 8w6d. D&C 2/1/12
    Never in my arms, but always in my heart.

• I like the walmart brand.  Right now we are finishing using up the diapers from my shower but we have had so many blowouts with Huggies.

Anniversary

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"