3rd Trimester
Options

Just lost my sister; 7wks pregnant, how to show emotion without causing stress????

My Husbands sister just passed away.

She was 15.

Someone slipped her drugs into her drink at a party. 4 hours later, and 3 seizures she is dead.

How can I cry and greive without hurting myself and baby?

My heart is broken.

My grandpa is dying, and said good bye to me and then talked to my belly. This was on the same day I found out about my sister. 
How do you cope with this? Any thoughts? Breathing techniques? 

Re: Just lost my sister; 7wks pregnant, how to show emotion without causing stress????

• Options
    I do not have any advice except try not to internatlize the pain. Let it out. And talk to a professional if you feel like you need to. There is a lot of loss and change happening for you right now and that can be very scary. I am so sorry that you have to cope with this right now. My thoughts are with you.
  • Options
    I'm so so sorry. The expression of grief won't hurt your baby. You're already experiencing it, and holding it in is probably worse than letting yourself experience it.
    18 months of active trying

3 failed letrozole cycles
    2 failed letrozole/IUI cycles 

BFP on the 3rd (and final) letrozole/IUI cycle before IVF 

It's TWINS!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you are going through all this. I know you hear and read to avoid stress, but grieving and crying won't hurt your baby. I was dealing with some depression during my last pregnancy and my on said to not worry about my emotions and the baby. Baby will be fine. The last thing you need in this hard time is another thing to worry about. Talk to your support system or a counselor. Again, I'm so sorry.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• Options
    Wow I am so sorry for your loss.
    I agree with the pp's, holding in your grief will only make you feel worse and probably put more stress on your LO. Let yourself grieve how you need to and talk to your doctor and share your concerns with them.
    I will be praying for you and your husband and his family. Allow yourself to grieve how you need to and be prepared to help your husband too, everyone reacts differently and that is ok, but if things start getting too stressful I would strongly suggest you and him seek professional help.
    Again I am so very sorry :(
    photo 6aecdc21-d010-4990-8b8b-da468f75ece3_zps38a4dec0.jpgphoto 8c7926e4-3191-4d9f-8e13-2ba2d4b7296f_zps45188ab0.jpg
              Connor - 12/15/10                                     Abby - EDD 11/29/13
    Lilypie - (bLG7)
  • Options
    So sorry for your familys loss, how horrible :(  ((hugs)) I think it's healthier to grieve and cry, rather than hold it in. 
    View Full Size Image View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (zHjr)
  • Options

I am so sorry for your family's loss.

People say stress isn't healthy for the baby but grieving and crying will in no way harm your baby. You will only make yourself feel worse if you try to keep everything inside, let it out and show your emotions. You will need to be there for your husband as well so make sure you support each other and communicate your feelings. Give yourselves time to focus on yourselves and each other and see if there are other friends/family that can help you out at home for a while. The only way you can heal is to let it out.  

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I have had a very difficult year as well. MIL passed in April and my dad passed in August. You have to grieve. It is better to let it out than keep it in. I spoke candidly with my OB about this as well. Your OB may be able to recommend someone you can talk to. Grieve, cry, talk it out. Focus on the happy things coming your way. This part will be difficult at first, but it will help you through. I wish I had better advice for you. Hang in there. Baby will too. T&p to you and your family.
    Can't figure out the signature thing, so here's the short, short version.....first daughter born on November 10, 2013. She was conceived through the magic of IVF after 2+ years of TTC.
  • Options
    What a tragedy.  I agree with PPs who said grieving will not hurt your baby.  And I hope there is justice for your late SIL and family too. 
    Our family is complete!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. This is tragic news. I agree with other people that you should seek professional help about bereavement during pregnancy. Let it all out. Don't forget we are here too (((hugs)))

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

(Always in our hearts baby Erwan 22/03/11. 22w + 5d)

• Options
    Im so sorry for your loss!
    Let it out. Talk to someone. Baby is very well protected in there, but holding in all that stress and grief isn't good for you...pregnant or not.
    I lost my husband due to a car accident in April when I was 10 weeks, and obviously have been dealing with much grief and stress since - I have found talking it out and crying to be much healthier than holding it in.
  • Options
    I am so sorry.  Crying will not hurt your baby, let it out.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"