Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

how old was LO for first date night? if BF?

How old was your lo the first time (ftm or stm) when you left them with a sitter for a night out with DH or SO? And if you were bf? I would assume a bottle would have been introduced already...if you are ftm on this board, perhaps you haven't gone out yet and still have a very young one like me! I know it will be awhile but just curious how it went for others. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: how old was LO for first date night? if BF?

• Options
    I'm a FTM and I went out to a movie with MH when my DS was 6 weeks. I made sure to feed him right before we left and I left a bottle with my mom. We went out before 6 weeks with my son and just made sure to be home before the next feeding.
  • Options
    FTM, BF, went out for my birthday when he was almost 5 weeks. I pump regularly and he is used to at least 1 bottle a day. My mom stayed with him and we were only gone about 2 and a half hours.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker    image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You should try to leave extra milk.. Sometimes my LO wants milk sooner than 2 hrs. Ive gone out to have dinner with my friends and I leave extra milk incase i get stuck in traffic or am running late.
  • Options
    I am a FTM and we left our daughter with my mum at 8 weeks old. I was gone for 4 hours so my mum gave her two bottles of BM I pumped.
    It was a big step and I didn't enjoy my evening- but it is a start and I am proud we tried.
  • Options
    Lol yes brittlentz, that would count to me :) thanks everyone! And glad to hear you were able to get out. Im going to start planning ahead for those dates now. :)

• Options
    With DS we went out to dinner for our anniversary when he was around 6 weeks old. I had some pumped milk and we supplemented wih formula at that time. DD is EBF and we haven't left her for a date night yet at 7 weeks. I feel like a newborn and a toddler in the evening is a lot for a sitter to handle.
    DS: 2/17/11          DD: 9/4/13
  • Options
    You guys are so much better than I am.  At 8 weeks I still can't imagine doing a date night.  We're still trying to get down the hang of just surviving with a child!  I feel like DH and I are taking a lot longer to adjust to being parents than some other people who seem to do it with so much ease.
  • Options
    At 5 weeks we went out for dinner and a concert in the city. We left him with my mom and we were gone close to 8 hours. I ebf but he did fine with the bottles while we were gone. Of course I had a hard time enjoying myself but he survived and I felt much better once I actually got out of the house and started having fun.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    One week old. I pumped that night and my inlaws watched him. It was great!!
  • Options
    For my first child, we left him with my in laws at 3 months old. He was exclusive breastfed, but would take a bottle from anyone other than me if he was hungry enough. We have not left our second child with anyone yet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    At 3 weeks DD stayed with grandparents while we went out to dinner. I EBF and just fed right before leaving and was back in time to feed again. She's 7 weeks now and we've done that a few times.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    LO was about 4 weeks, we went down the street for dinner for our anniversary and were only gone for an hour. We left her with my parents and provided a bottle.

• Options
    FTM and BF here...I left LO with my husband at 4 1/2 weeks so I could get my hair done. I pumped a bottle and was gone about 3 hours. It was fine but I wished I had pumped another bottle because by the time I got back that kid was HUNGRY. Poor guy.
    Lilypie - (wpJS)

Kelsey Johnston's photo.  image  image 
    Lilypie - (6yLP)

• Options
    I am a FTM, our first date night was last Saturday- LO is two months old tomorrow. She is formula fed (due to poor supply).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"