C-sections
Options

Thinking about switching doctors

There's a hospital I would rather deliver at for various reasons, so I want to find an obgyn who delivers there. I'm only 10 weeks along so I feel it's early enough, I'm just unsure how to go about it.

There are a couple I could choose from who deliver there and deal with high risk. I might not feel comfortable with the first one for whatever reason so I'm thinking about staying a patient of my current obgyn while I shop around.

Does this sound like a good plan? Any advice for me/ things I should consider?

Re: Thinking about switching doctors

• Options
    Stay with your current ob while you meet with new ones.  Once you find a new one, you can take your records with you.  I switched just before my 3rd trimester (company changed insurance so I had to).  I just asked around for references and found an office with several doctors and midwives so I could meet with several through the rest of my pregnancy and find one in the group I liked best.
  • Options
    Do your research on a great dr! I didn't do research on my first baby's dr a dot was a nightmare that ended up with me not being able to have sex for 6 months after my delivery. Horrible dr! So glad I found an amazing one for this baby!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"