August 2011 Moms
Options

Craft talk

I am the opposite of crafty, so I need help. What basic art supplies do you keep on hand for your kids? I have crayons, water colors, and some construction paper, but beyond that I'm lost.

Also, any crafts that you have done with your kids recently that they've really enjoyed? I'm trying to stockpile ideas as we are moving past playground weather.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Craft talk

• Options

I'm a crafty person and we never do crafts. ::hangs head in shame::

We have crayons and coloring books, but he just isn't interested.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    When we do crafts we tend to sit our LO in his high chair or he can sit at his table.

We love to color and playdough is a hit too. Just throw in some cookie cutters and your golden ;)

Crash thanks for mentioning the googley eyes and pom poms....dollar tree here I come.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    CrashIntoMe1 awesome suggestions!  Exactly what I was looking for!

@ladybugpjb don't be too hard on yourself!  We don't have time (and I don't have the patience) for crazy crafts right now with DD2 not napping and needing so much attention.  I'm just looking ahead for when she is on more of a schedule and I can actually count on her napping for a set period of time.

Kimbus22 LOL we keep all crayons/coloring supplies well out of reach...I learned my lesson when she colored red alllllll over my white walls.

Duffgurl I didn't think of cookie cutters w/ play doh!!  Good one!
  • Options

@kimbus22 - how can you crush his creativity like that? That's pretty ingenious, if you ask me ;)

Kidding aside, our crayons are up on a shelf, too, for fear of crayon on the walls.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    EmpireMomof3, thanks for the ideas!   Adding pipe cleaners etc. to the list right now....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"