Parenting

"What's your Excuse" Poster- Discuss.

Re: "What's your Excuse" Poster- Discuss.

• I dance on the ceiling.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Loading the player...
  • Remember when you were concerned about the table debacle being your bump legend @mooshagirl? I think you may have outdone yourself.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• I prefer dicking around on the internet. How am I supposed to know the exact moment that @sookiefrackhouse68 posts a new chapter of Blackout or Light if I'm not obsessively refreshing thebump?
    -------------------------------------
  • Raisins in baked goods = spider bodies.

Cat leg goes crazy and beats itself in the face

image  image
  • Have I told my story about eating a rubber band because I didn't want to eat the raisins on top of my couscous? Anyway, I had to pull a rubber band from my butthole all because of raisins.
  • I feel like raisins should only be eaten on their own or in trail mix. They get fucking weird when baked.
  • I dunno, a chewy oatmeal raisin cookie is pretty good.

It's no chocolate chip, but I wouldn't throw it away.
    SQUIRREL!!!

• @kiraliz2 I don't hate raisins, I just don't like what they lend to baked goods.
  • kiraliz2 said:

You guys are such raisin haters. Fuck.

I'll take raisins in all the things.

imageimage

• SandyClam said:
     I had to pull a rubber band from my butthole all because of raisins.
    Wait, what?
    It's quite clear...

Raisins = pulling rubber bands from your butthole.

What's the issue?
    You're right. I'm being dense, sorry.
  • Funny story re: foods that are not bad. I got the kid to eat squash last night and I was all "See? It's not bad, right?" And of course now everything she eats is: "Is not bad, mommy! Is not bad!"

Stellar review right there.
    SQUIRREL!!!

• I like oatmeal raisin cookies. And chocolate chip cookies. And gingerbread cookies. And cookies, period. I even like white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, and I'm not big on nuts. BUT DisneyWorld has white chocolate chip cookies. Not white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, but straight up plain white chocolate chip cookies. I'm not sure if DH or I was more excited...
  • Raisin bran makes you shit.

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• I love raisin bran crunch. mmmm
  • I got a ham and cheese croissant from Specialty's for lunch. 

I didn't know it had cream cheese in it.  Cream cheese is horrible.  I'm eating it anyway because hungry.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• This thread makes me want to go get cookies or candy at the store.
  • WHITE CHOCOLATE IS NOT CHOCOLATE

Should we just turn this thread into every food war we've ever had on TB?

Never said it was. But it's tasty, and I like cookies with it in them. Lots of things aren't what their names imply, but are still worthy things.
  • I got a ham and cheese croissant from Specialty's for lunch. 

I didn't know it had cream cheese in it.  Cream cheese is horrible.  I'm eating it anyway because hungry.  
    So the "cheese" in the titular "ham and cheese" is cream cheese?  So a ham and cream cheese croissant?

:::shudder:::

I'd return it.  Everyone knows that a ham and cheese is ham and not-cream cheese.
    Nooo.  It has ham and cheddar and cream cheese.  The food description says only ham and cheddar.  I need to scrape the cream cheese off because it's harshing my mellow.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• I can only abide cranberry almond crunch cereal when it comes to raisin-y things.

Craisins are the shiz

image  image
  • Mom2Oli said:
    So hate me but I just read all of this from finish to start. you know what my excuse is? Nothing. I work out when I have time. I drink beer like it's going to go out of fashion tomorrow and I snuggle with my husband in front of the tv for the hours after Oli goes to bed. Are those excuses? Maybe to some. To me, they are my lifestyle choices.

And white chocolate is chocolate if you buy it at good places. I've posted articles before but there's no educating you ignorant bishes.
    White chocolate, by definition, is not chocolate.  Like, at all.  It's cocoa fat.   

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• MonkeybabeMonkeybabe member
    edited October 2013
    White chocolate is never chocolate because there's no cocoa liquor in it. It's cocoa butter and flavoring. The chocolate is completely removed from it. It's tasty, but it's not real chocolate.

Edit: I should have refreshed sooner. You ladies already covered this.
  • Aluenna said:
    I really don't care if white chocolate is real chocolate. It is fucking delicious.
    LIES.  It tastes like nothing.  So it is useless as "chocolate".  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• What I don't understand is those of you saying you don't have time to workout because you only have an hour or so after work with your kid until they go to bed.  Well if your kid goes to bed at 7/7:30, that's like 3 hours that you have to exercise before you have to go to bed.  I would kill to have my kids go to bed that early.  They usually aren't asleep until 9pm and then I put in my workout DVD.  Sometimes I don't finish working out until 10:30pm, which sucks, but I do it because I'm not going to make excuses.  If you really want to be healthy and exercise, you'll make it happen,  While, I don't really agree with the line in her photo, because I think it comes off as bitchy, I do think she is right.
    But you don't workout every night, do you? I could probably find it in me to do it 2-3x a week after my kids go to bed at 8:30 but that leaves about 0 time for my husband and I to spend time alone. As much as I'm sure my husband appreciates me looking good, it will mean nothing if I sacrificed all that time we spend just talking and enjoying each others' company to do so.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    "Lilypie">image"Lilypie">
  • Mom2Oli said:
    If you buy it at Ghirardelli, Godiva and there were some other local places I listed last time, they actually have cocoa solids in them.

Also, fruit and chocolate together? MMMMMM

But fruit pies? nasty!
    But it doesn't have cocoa liquor in it. Cocoa liquor is what makes chocolate chocolate.
  • mmmmm Chocolate covered strawberries....

DARK chocolate covered strawberries....

image  image
  • Mom2Oli said:
    If you buy it at Ghirardelli, Godiva and there were some other local places I listed last time, they actually have cocoa solids in them.

Also, fruit and chocolate together? MMMMMM

But fruit pies? nasty!
    If it has cocoa solids in it, it's not white chocolate.

I won't even touch that fruit/chocolate thing because I might dry heave.
    This is true. It would no longer be white, lol.
  • I need to try the fruit and powdered sugar thing. My kid is a fruit hater. Luckily the pedi was okay with her weight at 18 month. Not stoked, but okay with it.
  • Aluenna said:
    Aluenna said:
    I really don't care if white chocolate is real chocolate. It is fucking delicious.
    LIES.  It tastes like nothing.  So it is useless as "chocolate".  
    Your taste buds are obviously broken.

Also awesome: white hot chocolate.

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• I gave up on the ham and cheese croissant and ate the snickerdoodle instead.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• So if powdered sugar is the magic powder for getting kids to eat fruit, what is the magic powder for veggies?  Because my kid will starve himself before he eats a veggie.

For us, parmesan cheese. He loves that shit.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                         DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • I butter the shit out of bread so my daughter will kind of eat the bread. Mostly she just eats the butter off the bread. I figure it could be worse.

• So if powdered sugar is the magic powder for getting kids to eat fruit, what is the magic powder for veggies?  Because my kid will starve himself before he eats a veggie.

Ranch.  

My oldest would starve himself before eating ranch. He's always hated it. Before he discovered vinaigrettes he would eat salads plain. Or sometimes squirt ketchup on it like dressing, but mostly plain because I hate ketchup and it made me sick to watch him eat it like that.
  • edited October 2013
    I want to marry cheese.....including that of the cream variety.

I could live without Swiss cheese existing though. And Bleu.

image  image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"