Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

sleep woes

Hi - LO is 10.5 months now.  When she was 5 months we did sleep training and everything went smooth.  The past two weeks she has been waking 330-4AM consistently and SCREAMING!  I don't know what to do, I try to let her settle herself but she gets so worked up, I try to rock her and it doesn't help.  The ONLY thing that seems to comfort her is to feed her.  She hasn't had a MOTN feeding since 5 months old.  I have been giving her a small bottle these past couple of days to settle her and get her back to sleep.  I am not sure she is really hungry - she eats really well during the day and like I said has not had a MOTN feeding since 5 months.  My question - am I un-doing sleep training?  

I also think she is teething - could this be part of our sleep problem?
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: sleep woes

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I will try that....DD started walking 3 weeks ago and in the past week has really gotten faster and prefers walking to crawling so maybe that's it!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My boys are 10 months 1 week and this past week has been exactly what you have described for us times two! LOL  I think it has to do with development at this age. I have a wonder weeks app and they have just entered a leap, they are teething and starting to stand on their own.  Oh, so much going on for these little ones, they need their sleep and so do us mamas!  Good luck to you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker < br > image
  • Options
    DD started sleeping 12 hours straight at 7 months. Since she was 3 months old, I always put her down awake but drowsy, both for naps and bedtime, and she would fall asleep on her own. Then at 9.5 months we had to start rocking her to sleep, and she also started waking up 3 times at night to nurse. This was right at the time she learned to stand up. It's also the age when they start having separation anxiety. And DD cut 6 new teeth in the last month. The worse of it lasted about 3-4 weeks. I won't let her cry it out, so whenever she woke up I'd try to rock her and if that didn't calm her down, nurse. I still tried to put her down awake to sleep but for about a month ended up having to rock her to sleep every time. I was really worried I was going to create a bad sleep association. But now DD is 11 months and I'm able to put her down awake on most days. I think once the novelty of jumping up and down in the crib wore off she was ok falling asleep on her own again, she didn't forget how. She still wakes up once in the night to nurse but every night that happens a little bit later in the night ( we're at about 6am now, so almost back to sleeping 8pm to 8am.) I'm hoping now that it doesn't look like she's actively teething she might sleep a little better at night.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"