March 2012 Moms

first nap minus the paci

Didn't happen. No nap today. Went from crying to talking to "Mommy, Mommy, Mommmmmmmmyyyyyyy!!!!!" After 1.5 hours, I went in and got her. She wasn't going to sleep. We put all the pacifiers in a bag to "give to a little baby" since DD is a big girl now. Hopefully, she'll be so tired today from lack of nap, she'll just sleep tonight.

We started putting her to nap and bed with her special stuffed monkey as well as her paci a few weeks ago to start the transition. Hoping this gets easier and fast. I'm tired! lol

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

Re: first nap minus the paci

• Oh no! Hopefully she gets over it quickly! I'm proud of you for just nipping it in the bid now.
  • LilNunz1 said:
    Oh no! Hopefully she gets over it quickly! I'm proud of you for just nipping it in the bid now.
    The original goal was gone before she is two. But she has been doing great in the car without one so we decided as soon as lumberjack season was over, we would try to wean her. Saturday was our last weekend away from home until January so now is the time to start the process. I'm hoping by the end of the week she will be doing better.

I made a big deal about what a big girl she is now and how little babies need the pacis (when really, they will just be getting tossed) and how she only needs Monkey to sleep now. Might be a whole week of reminding her of that.lol

TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Loading the player...
  • We did this about a month ago and I can commiserate! The first week was awful for us. He cried for a good 10 minutes before passing out at bedtime, which he never cried even for a minute with the paci. He completely refused to nap a couple of days like you said also. We gave him a blanket for the first time to make up for it. He pretty much has forgotten about them until he sees his sister with one, that's the hard part. Good luck tonight!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Update:

DD STTN, no problems. She cried a little bit in the middle of the night but that is common. She always calms herself. Last night was no exception. I'm just hoping we don't have to skip naps for her to be tired enough to sleep at night with the paci. Here's hoping her nap happens today. She needs the nap...and I need that 2 hours of quiet in my day.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"