TTC after 35
Options

Looking for some hope?

When my husband and I were a couple months into TTC, I started following many of these discussions and decided it was becoming an obsession that I needed to avoid.  So, I stopped.  Now I'm back.  Ha.

A little background:  We are in cycle #6.  I have fairly short cycles (24-28 days), and my CP usually drops really low about 4dpo and I start spotting about 6dpo.  I've never gotten AF later than 10dpo.  I am currently 12dpo with a high CP and zero spotting.  This is easily the best cycle I've had.  Except I've now had 3 BFN.  FF gives me 62 "pregnancy estimator" points.  Thoughts?  Good signs, bad signs?  I've learned I cannot depend on any "symptoms" other than CP and spotting because they're very regular for me.  Everything else (breast tenderness, fatigue, etc.) varies for me every cycle.

I guess I'm either looking for some good news or some bad news.  :)  Happy Monday everyone!
Rachel, 35 (DH 27) Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Looking for some hope?

• Options
    Have you had testing done... I am no doctor but It seems you have progesterone issues with the information you have provided.  If you have not had testing done it's time!  Good luck!
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Options
    I had a full workup done a few years ago when my ex and I were TTC (it ended up being male factor followed by some extra-curricular activities on his part).  I had the same type of cycles then and it was fine.  That being said, I will probably make an appt this month if AF comes.  :(  When I was in for my annual a few months ago, my GYN didn't seem concerned.  We shall see.
    Rachel, 35 (DH 27) Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ksgsmuksgsmu member
    edited October 2013
    see an RE not an OBGYN...  the spotting and short LP are not normal

As for this month just keep testing with FMU!  If you don't chart then you don't know when/ f you ovulated.  So you could have ovulated late and your period isn't late... hope this is your month though!
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Options
    When my husband and I were a couple months into TTC, I started following many of these discussions and decided it was becoming an obsession that I needed to avoid.  So, I stopped.  Now I'm back.  Ha.

A little background:  We are in cycle #6.  I have fairly short cycles (24-28 days), and my CP usually drops really low about 4dpo and I start spotting about 6dpo.  I've never gotten AF later than 10dpo.  I am currently 12dpo with a high CP and zero spotting.  This is easily the best cycle I've had.  Except I've now had 3 BFN.  FF gives me 62 "pregnancy estimator" points.  Thoughts?  Good signs, bad signs?  I've learned I cannot depend on any "symptoms" other than CP and spotting because they're very regular for me.  Everything else (breast tenderness, fatigue, etc.) varies for me every cycle.

I guess I'm either looking for some good news or some bad news.  :)  Happy Monday everyone!
    Unfortunately I have experienced exactly what you're describing and am still not pregnant.  I've had my pregnancy estimator points as high as 79 and still not ended up KU, so I don't even look at that anymore.  I always spot throughout my LP, usually start anywhere between 2-7 DPO and continue straight through until AF, but have had the odd cycle where I didn't start spotting until 8 or 9 DPO or stopped a few days before my period is due, which gave me hope, but no.  I've had my LP as long as 18 days and not been pregnant.  I've even done the FF chart stalk comparing mine to pregnancy charts, there are always a ton that look similar, but I no longer do that as well, it's just too heartbreaking.  Basically, I've learned the super hard way not to read into symptoms, I've had every hopeful sign in the book and cycles where things are completely different than my 'norm', but I'm still TTC. Only a positive test will convince me now, otherwise I just assume I'm not pregnant at all times.  Sad I know, but it's how I have to protect my sanity after over a year TTC. :(

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Options
    ksgsmu said:
    see an RE not an OBGYN...  the spotting and short LP are not normal

As for this month just keep testing with FMU!  If you don't chart then you don't know when/ f you ovulated.  So you could have ovulated late and your period isn't late... hope this is your month though!
    I had the same (spotting and short Luteal Phase) and it was a luteal phase defect. Not a big deal as far as treatment (I took progesterone the last two weeks of my cycle) but definitely can inhibit implantation (not enough time for baby to implant before you're shedding). Might be worth a recheck? GL!!
    Me:39 Dx LPD, Fibroid, AMA and all that goes with that. H:37 Dx low motility and low morphology. TTC since 3/12. Clomid 8/12 and 9/12: BFN. 11/12 on a break for Myomectomy sched. 11/26. Resume TTC early 2013.
  • Options
    Actually, the jury's still out on luteal phase defect and whether it really hurts chances getting pregnant. I have actually had between 1-5 days of spotting before my period for the last six months (since I started tracking my cycles).  Both before my chemical and before the current bfp I spotted for 3 days (and it was not just a drop here and there, it was a dark brown pantyliner tmi).  My RE thought it could be a polyp. If you are not pregnant, definitely get it checked out!
    Me: 40, DH: 39, DS: 3. TTC #2.
  • Options
    Mine cleared right up with progesterone so I don't think it was polyp related but thank you for the info. I am indeed pregnant but just like to come back from time to time to offer support and cheer everyone on.
    Me:39 Dx LPD, Fibroid, AMA and all that goes with that. H:37 Dx low motility and low morphology. TTC since 3/12. Clomid 8/12 and 9/12: BFN. 11/12 on a break for Myomectomy sched. 11/26. Resume TTC early 2013.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"