Preemies

Lurker intro

Kelly_12Kelly_12 member
edited October 2013 in Preemies
Hey ladies,
I'm a preemie mom who's been lurking here a bit, but generally go back to my August/13 board more often.. Heck I lurk a lot there too lol. I try to post as much as I can but if I don't have anything new to add I don't bother.
Anyway, I've felt lately that even though we've been through the worst, I really need some support so here I am.

DS was born July 1st (canada day!) he was 34wks0d. I was in labour for 4 long days, it was spontaneous and no known cause.
He spent 4 weeks in NICU mainly for feeding issues but was having frequent Brady's as well. Came home on caffeine, two reflux meds and antiobiotic.
He had severe jaundice and spent plenty of time "tanning" and even after he was home had to go back for more.
He has severe reflux and is now on 3 meds to regulate but it's still real bad.
He has kidney reflux and is prone to uTI's hence the antiobiotic. May need surgery down the road to fix it.
Had two inguinial hernias but recently had surgery for those.

I think that's about it...for 34 weeks I feel he sure has a lot going on!
My struggles now are not only coping with all we've gone through but the lack of sleep. He's 3.5 months old and most nights I'm still lucky if I get 3 hours at once out of him, then he's usually up every hour after that. Not because he's hungry but in pain from the reflux, I can tell.
It is SO hard on me and I feel like I'm losing my mind some days. Lack of sleep really is the worst, especially for such a long time. And my poor little monkey being in pain is just so hard to watch :(

Ok that's my intro I guess..happy I've reached out and looking forward to chatting with you gals.

Re: Lurker intro

• Welcome and congrats on your little one!
  • Congrats on your baby!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the congrats :)

His meds have been upped twice already..waiting to get back in again to get them upped. He's very sensitive to the right dose and it seems every time he gains a pound or two they're off again, so it's a constant battle and his ped is really hard to get in to see which isn't helpful either!

I do have some support, for a while my mom was coming once a week to give me time to nap, but she's unable to do that now because of her work shifts. And my sister stops by every now and then, but she has her own two little ones to deal with so its hard for her to help all the time as well. I do have an amazing supportive husband who has been so helpful, but its hard still. I'm not feeling "not ok" as though I have depression or anything, yet. I just feel like I'm not myself lately because I'm just so over tired. And I feel like I'm not enjoying every aspect of motherhood like I should, because I'm just so tired. It's a losing battle right now.. :(
    But I appreciate the support and concern, but I'm ok, I'm a social worker so I understand the importance of reaching out for outside support so I will if I need it. I think just being on the boards here will be enough support for me as you gals have all been here and understand more than anyone else could.
  • Congrats on the birth of your son! Sleep deprivation can make you feel like you're no longer human. My DD once did not sleep at night - at all - for 5 nights straight. And my DH would tell me to go take a nap and I wouldn't be able to fall asleep. It was awful. Does he nap at all during the day? Do you have a Rock n' Play? Our DD doesn't have reflux, but she loves her RNP and I've heard on the boards that they're great for babies who can't sleep flat. Sorry I don't have any real advice about it, but know that it has to get better and we've all survived the sleep deprivation.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Welcome! There is very little worse than seeing your child in pain. ((hugs))

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • Welcome, I am sorry that your son is in pain. I hope they can get him on the right dose of meds soon so that you both can get some relief soon.
  • Welcome and congrats on the birth of your son! I'm sorry that things have been really hard. My daughter had reflux also, and the RNP really helped with that. I would also let her lay on my chest after a bottle (she had 1/3 Neosure and the rest EP) for about 30 min or so, so that she was upright for as long as possible. Then, I put her in the RNP.
    I hope that his meds start to work and that he isn't in pain.
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"