Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

BOB Revolution SE as only stroller?

I'm a FTM and well into researching all the strollers out there. I'm a pretty serious runner, so was considering getting the Bob Revolution SE. I was wondering if anyone else used this (or another jogger) as their primary stroller.  I know I would have to get the infant car seat attachment and I wouldn't plan on running until the baby was 6 months or so.  I don't really know what the other downsides would be, besides that the Bob folds up somewhat bulky.  Thoughts?

Re: BOB Revolution SE as only stroller?

• Options
    We used the BOB revolution as our primary for a long time.  When DD was almost 2, we started using an umbrella occasionally.  You can definitely do it.  The BOB does take up a lot of trunk space and can be difficult in cramped stores. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options
    SkiHorseSkiHorse member
    edited October 2013
    We have a BOB, and I love it in many situations - walking on gravel trails or snowy sidewalks, long outings like a day at the zoo, etc.  But I'm glad we also have a lightweight stroller, which we use for travel, quick trips around town, etc. 

Edited to add:  I prefer to have the second stroller because, in my opinion, the BOB is heavy and hard to fold, and I also like to have an inexpensive stroller to gate-check on airplane trips.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have our BOB as our lone stroller too. We walk a lot and so it's kept open a lot in the garage. I did recently take it to the mall and I actually didn't find it all that inconvenient - it's really so nice to steer (although noon on a Tuesday the mall isn't too crowded).

I also purchased a $10 umbrella stroller second hand that is always kept in my trunk however.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have a hard time imagining that the BOB could be your 1 and only if you drive a lot.  It's just big and it's a lot easier to have a stroller in the car ready to go when you want to go out than getting the BOB out of the garage, loading it, etc.  I would certainly think you could try using it for awhile as your one and only and see how it goes.  You can always add a second stroller when you get a better feel for what you want. 

This is more important to me now with 2 kids but when I want to go out with them, I don't want to have to think about unloading the BOB from the garage (taking everything out of the basket and parent console), then making sure I have enough trunk room and emptying my trunk into the garage then putting the stroller in.  That's like at least 5 extra minutes every time we go out, plus the time putting it back in the garage when we get home so it's ready to go for daily walks and jogs.  It's just extra annoying after I've already stocked the diaper bag and gotten the kids ready. That's why I absolutely must have a dedicated car stroller.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options
    I have the BOB as all of my friends said it was a must have - they also recommended a simple snap n go frame for easier and earlier use. Your car seat snaps right in and they are lightweight and take up little room. Also very affordable. (This assumes you are using an infant and not a convertible seat)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We have a snap and go and a bob. The snap and go is great for trips to the store. It is light, small and easy to use. Also, that way we didn't need to buy the car seat attachment for the bob. DS is about 2.5 months and has gone on walks in the bob, but he didn't like it much. He prefers to be worn :-) I think he will like it more when he is older. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Options
    We have a BOB as our main stroller and I love it!  It is a bit big, and we leave it in our RAV4 most of the time, it's usually fine.  I use it for walks and to go in/out of stores that dont have infant carseat friendly carts.  It folds/unfolds very easily.  We also have an umbrella stroller to use when she's older.
  • Options
    I see a ton of Bob strollers in my neighborhood, and have lots of mom friends who only have it. I had something of a similar size as a primary and thought nothing of it. I actually like my Chariot, but it's not compact in the van quite like a regular stroller would be.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"