Detroit Babies
Options

Midwife search

I have been looking for a midwife in the area for a while. I contacted one but no reply, any referrals out there? I would be eternally grateful!!

Re: Midwife search

• Options
    A hospital, i came here from the west coast and it's just weird that it's so hard to find somebody
  • Options

I haven't had much luck finding a midwife that can do a hospital delivery either--it's just not working out geographically for me. I'm not sure where you're at, but these are the practices that I found that have midwives on staff & the hospital they can deliver out of:

Oakland-Macomb in Rochester/Troy Beaumont Hosp 

Metro Partners in Women's Health in Novi/Southfield Providence Alternative Birth Unit

Henry Ford Hospitals have their own midwife groups in West Bloomfield & Detroit (maybe other campuses too). 

U of M in Ann Arbor and DMC Hutzle in Detroit also have midwife groups that deliver out of those hospitals.

I hope my research helps someone out :-)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I use the midwives at Oakland Macomb OBGYN and I LOVE them!!! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The midwives at Metro Partners in Women's Health are amazing! They deliver at the Alternative Birth Care Unit at Providence Hospital in Southfield.  The nurses at the ABC Unit are phenomenal as well!
  • Options
    I second Oakland Macomb midwives. All of them are great..
  • Options
    imagekimberschultz:
    The midwives at Metro Partners in Women's Health are amazing! They deliver at the Alternative Birth Care Unit at Providence Hospital in Southfield.  The nurses at the ABC Unit are phenomenal as well!

This! We had a great experience at the ABC. 

Pregnancy Ticker

photo 9c28f28c-5aae-4b20-8f02-ea27ec37f516_zpsdaed06b5.jpg
  • Options
    If its not too late, Joanne Mozuras was my midwife and delivers at Henry ford Macomb her office is in the attached medical pavilion. I LOVED her, she was always so calm, gentle and informative. I couldn't have asked for anything more.
  • Options
    imagedunlapbriggs:
    If its not too late, Joanne Mozuras was my midwife and delivers at Henry ford Macomb her office is in the attached medical pavilion. I LOVED her, she was always so calm, gentle and informative. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

Joanne was my midwife with my son. LOVE her <3
    Now i am seeing a midwife through Wane State University physicians group. They deliver in hutzel hospital and its the only hospital around that does water birth :) its downtown detroit 
    Emily & Alex imageimage
  • Options
    Just adding to the conversation that I am using the midwives group at U of M (note: they have remote offices for your appointments to save from going downtown Ann Arbor every visit, but you deliver at U of M).  I am enjoying my experience with them so far, I am at 31 weeks with my first.
    They have several rooms with birthing tubs, beautiful rooms, all with great views and features. 
  • Options
    I'll add to this conversation too: I started off with a doctor out of Macomb and she was so pushy and never listened to me.  That's when I decided to try a midwife.  I've been going to Eastside Obstetrics and Gynecology since I was about 7 weeks (I'm 21 now) and I absolutely LOVE them!!  Every midwife at Eastside is great!  Even during one emergency I had to see Dr. Knapp (not a midwife) and he was even great!  I live in Macomb so their Macomb office is super convenient for me (at 23 & Romeo Plank) but they also have other offices in Rochester and in Roseville.  My main midwife is Jen, but I've met the others as well.  Wendy, Angie, Andrea, and Jen are ALL AMAZING medical professionals and people!  I would suggest them to anyone and everyone!!
  • Options
    Henry Ford West bloomfield is amazing - I see Jen Schumann and she is great I highly recommend her and the hospital it's self is incredible
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"