Health & Exercise

Running & BFing

I'm 2w pp and starting to think about when I can start running again (I'm a planner). What should I know about running and BFing?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic               
Anniversary
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Running & BFing

• Start slow and listen to your body.
    I also stuck bamboobies in my sports bra to help, because I tended to leak when I ran longer distances.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree about a good, supportive bra. My old sports bras weren't cutting it, so I ending up buying the Moving Comfort Juno. I swear it changed my life. I was wearing three of my old sports bras and still bouncing, but now I can get away with one of these. 
    Also, take it easy when you first start out. I was not as fast as I once was and it was rough for awhile. I felt like I had to re-learn how to run. It was rough for awhile. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • yes- supportive bra. and I would put my nursing pads in the bra too in case of a leak

pump or feed right before you run.

take it slow.

drink a lot of water!!
  • I wore a nursing bra with a sports bra on top.  I'd go for a jog right after LO nursed, but sometimes she'd still wake up and give DH a hard time even though I was only gone a short time.  It gets easier to be away from them when they get a little older.

Start slow.  I injured myself a few times in the post post-partum months doing things that used to be easy.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"