Attachment Parenting
Options

Beco, Boba, or Ergo?

Which would you choose and why? I am trying to decide which one to buy to use with my 8 month old. Thanks!
DD 1 - Aug. 2010
DD 2 - Jan. 2013
Baby Boy -  EDD April 12, 2015

Re: Beco, Boba, or Ergo?

• Options
    Honestly...none of the above ;)  Unless you have a really small 8 month old, there are better options out there that have a larger body that will stay a good fit (knee to knee and high enough on the back to prevent leaning) longer.  You might look at Tula and Kinderpack.
  • Options
    I use my Ergo the most. But I do agree...I think my 7 month old won't be in it a whole lot longer.
    Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Beco is great, I wore both my kids until they were 2+ years. DS2 still fit in it this past summer, and was about 39/40" tall at that point.

I used an Ergo with DS1 until he was six months, and didn't like it for back carries bc the pocket was too short on his back. I'm 5'10", and it fit my torso weirdly, Beco was more comfy. hth
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options
    I like my beco more than my ergo. NOt familiar with boba. I have a 22 pound 10 month old and she still seems comfy in the beco, but maybe it's just her personality!
  • Options
    Forgot about the soliel - although I've not personally tried one but do know it's supposed to be bigger.

Just to clarify - none of these would be unsafe with a bigger baby just that if you are buying for an older baby it will make more sense long term to buy something with a bigger body that will be more comfortable for you both ;)
  • Options
    I still find the ergo comfortable for my 2.5 yo, 26lb, 37in kiddo.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ncbelle said:

Just to clarify - none of these would be unsafe with a bigger baby just that if you are buying for an older baby it will make more sense long term to buy something with a bigger body that will be more comfortable for you both ;)
    I think we've talked about this before, but all the carriers the OP listed are designed to go up to 40+ lb toddlers. I'm not following why they aren't an acceptable choice for you.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options
    I have an Ergo and a 19lb, 27", mobile 7 month old. We both love the Ergo for front or back carry. We haven't made friends with the hip carry yet.

I don't have any experience with the other carriers but I wanted to represent for the Ergo!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have a boba 3G. Baby was 27" and 22 lbs at 5 months. He loves it. I can do a back carry with it also. It's also handy to nurse in.

I love that it is so easy to put on and take baby in/out. They also have great customer service: a buckle was broken when my husband shut it in a door and they sent me a new one free!
    IVF/ICSI #1 July/August 2011 BFP # 1 - B/G twins - preterm labor/cervical incompetency @ 23w3d FET # 1 March/April 2012 - BFN 5/1/12 FET # 2 July 2012 - BFN 7/24 FET # 3 BFP! EDD 5/15/13 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I liked my Ergo but if you have the money, a standard Kinderpack or standard Tula are more comfortable and nicer carriers. I have used all 3. The Tula Toddler was my favorite, but you are likely a ways off from needing something that big.
  • Options
    nosoup4u said:

ncbelle said:

I think we've talked about this before, but all the carriers the OP listed are designed to go up to 40+ lb toddlers. I'm not following why they aren't an acceptable choice for you.

I'm not ncbelle but my two cents is that the carriers she listed are safe for kids up to and over 40 pounds, but people who wear often and wear bigger kids find larger carriers tend to be more comfortable for both mom and kid... potentially making your babywearing days longer.

I didn't think ncbelle was judging anyone for liking a different carrier, just recommending other options to consider. I think we would all be happy for any parent finding a carrier that works best for her or him.
  • Options
    Sweetbottomsbaby.com is having a sale in all these carriers just fyi :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"